Animation Guide and getting it to work in Skyrim (3ds Max)

7 hours ago, FlufyFox said:

Hey hi :p did you plan in update your stuff here? i finally got the programs working here, was pretty hard to find but now i have things that i can work :3 

Besides the missing animated object descriptions all the other guiding lines are still relevant.

I thought there was something new here, ha ha.

To be honest, if you want to make skyrim animation, you still have to use 2012's 3dsmax in 2021. It seems that you can only choose forever.

In fact, a simple external program, hkxposer, has been made for a long time to statically adjust bone motion.

The only difference from a really simple skeletal animation tool is a system without keyframes.

I don't know how difficult this means for programmers.

The ideal situation is that someone can make a simple skeleton animation program to let people get rid of the poor dependence on professional 3D software.

No one seems to be interested in this, but it's really necessary.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:36 AM, SirNibbles said:

Besides the missing animated object descriptions all the other guiding lines are still relevant.

image.png.7dd8f18e41910d94a3ea4793d1ced542.png

Did you know how to fix this? or i have to find another version? i still cant get everything working its pretty much harder them animate things itself :v 
i dont want to give up but always something goes wrong, i just losing my mind xD

On 2/20/2021 at 7:07 PM, MadMansGun said:

remove the footstep thing, it's not needed.

the animation played on the game but the file size i am getting is super big, like 3mb for each actor in each stage, is there way to make this less? Now its just this and will be 100% i already make an working SAL pack too 

1 hour ago, FlufyFox said:

the animation played on the game but the file size i am getting is super big, like 3mb for each actor in each stage, is there way to make this less?

maybe it's the prune type settings? i've never had a file size problem before.

fsscr005.jpg

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

maybe it's the prune type settings? i've never had a file size problem before.

fsscr005.jpg

iam using these ones, this is pretty weird, if i make a pack with those files sizes will be too heavy, iam screwd make some stuff work and others get trolled xD

1 hour ago, Tokinao said:

What can be the reason of such misalignment?

Reveal hidden contents

What i expect to see:

Reveal hidden contents

Skyrim LE
ABC skeletons and rigs V2.00

3ds max 2012 x64
HCT 2011.2.0 x64

I'd say those are just the slight missallignments that basically always happen.

Usually I just export> test in game> make slight adjustments according to the missallignments in game.

On 2/16/2021 at 8:02 PM, MadMansGun said:

no, not for making animations at least.

10 or 12 only.

erf only 3Dmax free i have is 2019 ,

definitely every time i try to make mods or something else for skyrim there will always be a problem, bad luck follows me like a glue 

as the only way to have 3ds max is the student version, here I am with a version that is useless to me, since it is impossible to have the 2010 version by means not too clear 

to do with blender seems to me 100 x worse ? complicate my task will not give me too much motivation to try 

On 2/23/2021 at 5:46 AM, FlufyFox said:

the animation played on the game but the file size i am getting is super big, like 3mb for each actor in each stage, is there way to make this less? Now its just this and will be 100% i already make an working SAL pack too 

The capacity of HKX file made and converted by 3dsmax is not small for me. I put it into hkxposer and save it directly (of course, I suggest you back it up), so its capacity becomes smaller.

I don't know what's going on. I even thought that such a small capacity of HKX would be wrong.

But there was no mistake.

You can also try.

• 2 months later...

- The "Havok Content Tools" for 3ds Max 2012/2010 (32bit or 64bit depending on your 3ds Max copy), this one might be a little hard to search for since the distribution of this software has been removed. (it used to be free but after microsoft bought the company they stopped distributing it). I'm not really sure what rules apply to distributing software that fall under these circumstances so I'm not putting a link to a copy here.

I found the 2012 version for 32 bit but I only have 3DSMax 2012 64 bit. I would kindly ask if someone could help me out via PM here, because I lose my mind piece by piece with every dead dropbox link.

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, DatBoi92 said:

well that duplicate name warning should not be there, that would cause problems for sure.

i usually have frame range turned on (but not sure if that matters, but if you do turn it on make sure that the starting frame is 0, not 1)

footstep analyses is unnecessary, so remove that.

i don't use extract motion myself so i think it's also unnecessary.

i'm not seeing a pic of your prune type settings.

41 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

well that duplicate name warning should not be there, that would cause problems for sure.

i usually have frame range turned on (but not sure if that matters, but if you do turn it on make sure that the starting frame is 0, not 1)

footstep analyses is unnecessary, so remove that.

i don't use extract motion myself so i think it's also unnecessary.

i'm not seeing a pic of your prune type settings.

i have 2 falmers in the scene, i didnt rename any of the child layers only the main ones. prune types are default, i didnt touch it. 

1 hour ago, DatBoi92 said:

i have 2 falmers in the scene, i didnt rename any of the child layers only the main ones

well that's most likely the problem, havok is probably trying to export everything, save a copy and delete all but one of the actors from it then try exporting.

prune types are default, i didnt touch it. 

i don't know what the default settings are so that is probably not right.

Edited by MadMansGun