hdtSkyrimMemPatch.dll - Do I need it? Where can I find it?

Lugubrious0ne

Title, pretty much.

In a post elsewhere this forum this file was mentioned, and I realised I don't have this file, and can't find it anywhere on the web. Might it help with reliably loading my havok settings into the game? I am using SKSE with Sheson's memory patch, as well as crash fixes. Would these make hdtSkyrimMemPatch.dll redundant?

Thanks for any help (or links, if the file is useful!)

SKSE MemPatch and Crash Fixes with its alternate allocation function are redundant, HDT MemPatch (try reloading, if you see a bird on first load) works in another part for what I know. 
The problem now is, that HDT MemPatch and ENB don't work together well.

First thing will be, set for ENB ExpandSystemMemoryX64 = false

If you then get a shitload of errors from HDT MemPatch telling soemthing like "can't allocate space larger >2GB" you may try to set the following within your hdtSkyrimMemPatch.ini

[Memory]
FormHeapAllocateFromLargerSpace = false
ReplaceDefaultHavokHeap = false

; both should be true by default

In the end, if you get missing or weird shiny textures, set within hdtSkyrimMemPatch.ini

[Optimize]
FasterLoading = false

Conclusion: it doesn't work easy with but shouldn't go without the HDT MemPatch. Have fun :D

Thanks for the advice? Just to clarify, what do you mean by saying SKSE Mempatch and the alternate allocation of Crash Fixes are redudant? Should I be changing something in my setup here?

For the record, here's my SKSE.ini:

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
EnableDiagnostics=1
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

My Crash Fixes is probably set to default.

Also, although the link is working, I can't find the right button to download - and translate does not seem to be working for the website, and when I click what is apparently the download button, I get a download for an .exe file - BaiduDiskNet. I need the .ini and the two .dll files, right? What can I click to just get the files? Once (if!) I get them, can I just put them in my skse directory?

EDIT: Got it! Trial and error for the win.

Yeah sorry, forgot to mention how to download (the arrow that shows up when hovering a file with your mouse).

Crash Fixes has its CrashFixPlugin.ini where's a setting called UseOSAllocators. If you set it to 1, the SKSE MemPatch does nothing anymore but it also does no harm if you just leave it where it is. These things are explained within the file, too, just check it out there.

BTW, the SKSE MemPatch only are the settings of the [Memory] section of the skse.ini, the rest still works normally.

If you CTD when setting UseOSAllocators = 1 then try and alter the setting AlignHeapAllocate = 1 within the same file.

Thanks a bunch Mister X. I've installed the patch and nothing seems to have exploded. Of the two times I've tried, all my HDT stuff has loaded reliably into the game (it usually did before, but not always - maybe this has improved things?). Anyway, thanks for solving the mystery.

• 4 months later...

Sorry, I feel as though I have come in halfway through a conversation.

I'm having the CTD problem, and my DisableDriverMemoryManager is already set to True. However I'm not running an ENB atm.

So, to be clear in my request... Which files do I need and where do I put the files please?

• 1 year later...
On 4/13/2017 at 9:56 AM, Mister X said:

Yeah sorry, forgot to mention how to download (the arrow that shows up when hovering a file with your mouse).

Crash Fixes has its CrashFixPlugin.ini where's a setting called UseOSAllocators. If you set it to 1, the SKSE MemPatch does nothing anymore but it also does no harm if you just leave it where it is. These things are explained within the file, too, just check it out there.

BTW, the SKSE MemPatch only are the settings of the [Memory] section of the skse.ini, the rest still works normally.

If you CTD when setting UseOSAllocators = 1 then try and alter the setting AlignHeapAllocate = 1 within the same file.

So how do I download the mempatch from that link? every time I click on download (all three of them) it keeps asking me to login or download the app

• 1 year later...

[Exception]
AutoSaveGame = true
MiniDumpWithFullMemory = false
ReportToWindows = true

[Memory]
RecordFormHeapAllocateFailed = true
FormHeapAllocateFromLargerSpace = false
FixInfiniteLoad = true
ReplaceDefaultHavokHeap = false
:
OSAllocators=1

[Optimize]
FasterLoading = true

[Debug]
bEnableDebugInfo=false
; -1 to disable logging
iLogLevel=-1
:
WriteMiniDumps=1

Nálam a végtelen LOG fájl méret volt a gond... és ez megoldotta. Vajon van benne valami ami lényegtelen?

My problem was the infinite LOG file size ... and that solved it. Is there something that doesn't matter?

Archived