Roleplay add Devious Devices to your character, plus missing DDs

I was doing some roleplaying and basically got to the point where I'm adding a bunch of Devious Devices to my character's inventory so I can equip them one a time and then unequip them if I dislike them, basically to see which is more appropriate for the situation. However, I've noticed that some items  aren't actually doing anything other than showing up on my character, and sometimes they don't even show up in my character. I put them on, run around for a while and none of the effects trigger. I know for a fact DD is working because I was playing the Dandy Sload quest added by Devious Cidhna and the gem piercings would trigger every once in a while and my character would react accordingly, and armbinders/yokes/gags also all seem to be working perfectly.

I'm trying to add these items to my character's inventory with AddItemMenu, which is a mod that opens up a neat menu with all items a mod adds and lets you add them manually to your inventory, as opposed to having to do with through the console (although it's essentially the same thing - just a LOT simpler and faster). I'm not equipping them straight away because I know that would break things; I first add them to my inventory and then equip them, and then when I remove them, I add the key through the console and open the devices with it. Even then, it seems that plugs/piercings added with this method are not doing anything.

On a somewhat unrelated note, some of the items added by Devious Devices Expansion aren't working at all. They don't even show up on my character. When I try to equip these items, my character simply turns invisible and nothing else happens. Items added by DDa and DDi all seem to be working perfectly. All of these mods are up-to-date, and were all installed properly.

Archived