Second Skyrim Directory

Allannaa

This may have been asked and answered before, so if it has, just link me to it!

Is it possible to have TWO C> ProgramFilesx86 > Steam >blahblahblah> Skyrim directories?

For instance, say I wanted a skyrim install with absolutely no mods... which I could then copy/paste over an existing, modded-up, unpacked-BSAs setup?

Or would I need to save it to a flash drive or something, to prevent some of the odd script artefacting?

Basically what I was thinking was, Get clean download of Skyrim; Copy the Skyrim folder to something like "Users > MyDocuments > MyNewSkyrimFolder

Then leave THAT version alone, so that it's totally vanilla, and can be used to fix all the things I invariably screw up -- Because re-downloading everything takes me for-damned-ever, thanks to virtually worthless rural internet.

Or is that what Steam's "back up your skyrim shit" actually does for you?

Thanks!

In case you use Mod Organizer you don't really need two installation directories.

Two profiles will just do what you need.

But in case you don't use it, then you can only have a "backup folder", to avoid to re-download if it takes forever for you.

Archived