I am having some graphical issues on a new PC

Vuulgar

amd 4.0

32ram

msi nvidia 8gb 1070gtx also tried an evga 8gb 1070gtx

I have items missing and more than just textures, I will come upon a spot I know is supposed to be street and there is only a hole with dirt at the bottom, if I stand and wait a couple of seconds the street piece will eventually appear. I have had Dogmeat actually run down in one of the holes and street filled in around him making the game eventually port him out and its been building walls missing also. Obviously not he vid card...what is the direction next? Processor, motherboard, texture mod problem? This is a brand new system so all parts have been new.

I have

Optimized Vanilla Textures

Fallout 4 HD Reworked Project

Vivid Trees

Vivid Rocks

Vivid Roads and Bridges

Vivid Landscapes

All Weapons HD

A Little Bit of Green

and some minor replacers like eyewear, ammo, ivy

I will attempt to get any info needed to help with opinions and thanks

amd 4.0

32ram

I have items missing and more than just textures, I will come upon a spot I know is supposed to be street and there is only a hole with dirt at the bottom, if I stand and wait a couple of seconds the street piece will eventually appear. I have had Dogmeat actually run down in one of the holes and street filled in around him making the game eventually port him out and its been building walls missing also. Obviously not he vid card...what is the direction next? Processor, motherboard, texture mod problem? This is a brand new system so all parts have been new.

I have

Vivid Trees

Vivid Rocks

Vivid Roads and Bridges

Vivid Landscapes

All Weapons HD

A Little Bit of Green

My game has been doing this too. I wish I knew what was causing it, as my current build has little to no issues running the game.

Did you download or updated the drivers?

yup, even uninstalled and re-installed as I put in the MSI vid card. After my initial post I have since shut off all the testure packs above. I have played and hour or so without incident and the plan today is to go through them and see if I can pin point which is causing my problem. All of the above textures seem to be really commonly used, its hard to believe the textures are the problem.

yup, even uninstalled and re-installed as I put in the MSI vid card. After my initial post I have since shut off all the testure packs above. I have played and hour or so without incident and the plan today is to go through them and see if I can pin point which is causing my problem. All of the above textures seem to be really commonly used, its hard to believe the textures are the problem.

In that case it might be some of the texture packs you've downloaded. If you're using the hd textures that bethesda released a day ago, lots of players are complaining about incompatibility between the hd mod and some textures in the nexus.

Another thing I can think of is maybe too many loose textures on your data folder, I think the best option is to have them compressed in a ba2 file to reduce loading times.

In that case it might be some of the texture packs you've downloaded. If you're using the hd textures that bethesda released a day ago, lots of players are complaining about incompatibility between the hd mod and some textures in the nexus.

Another thing I can think of is maybe too many loose textures on your data folder, I think the best option is to have them compressed in a ba2 file to reduce loading times.

If the textures are compressed into a ba2 file though how would the game be able to read it, or prefer it over the vanilla ba2 texture files? An ESP file would need to be made, correct?

If the textures are compressed into a ba2 file though how would the game be able to read it, or prefer it over the vanilla ba2 texture files? An ESP file would need to be made, correct?

If you have custom textures on a ba2 files it "overwrites" the vanilla ba2 textures. But if you have two different set of textures in differents ba2 with the same paths, weird things happen

amd 4.0

32ram

I have

Vivid Trees

Vivid Rocks

Vivid Roads and Bridges

Vivid Landscapes

All Weapons HD

A Little Bit of Green

My game has been doing this too. I wish I knew what was causing it, as my current build has little to no issues running the game.

I had the issue continuously return along with some other hurdles that finally frustrated me to the point I needed a break so I hooked my old PC back up to take a break and play a couple days before I explode. I knew I was missing 2 mod updates, Looksmenu and Place Everywhere, so I updated them and had already done F4SE so I jumped into the Commonwealth. And what do you know? I had meshes and texyures not drawing on my old pc (it had never had this issue) I have since unchecked Place Everywhere and once again played for a bit without an issue but I have had that before.

I am at about 6 hours playing without any of the issues since I unchecked Place Everywhere. I REALLY hate to lose that mod and I dont understand how that might cause my missing item/textures. I will have to force myself to play all day tomorrow to see if I have the problem again.

Another day of playing, several hours in fact (my legs are numb and my butt is sore) without reoccurence of the issue since I unchecked PE.

• 2 months later...

amd 4.0

32ram

I have

Vivid Trees

Vivid Rocks

Vivid Roads and Bridges

Vivid Landscapes

All Weapons HD

A Little Bit of Green

I know this post 2 months old but did you ever fix this problem ?? try checking a few things:

1: set MipMap in fallout4.ini to -1 this will disable the skip and should load the texture correctly. or else you may want to check how har lod is loaded and encrease the value to force the game to not fail to load some renders.

Archived