No more Butler situation outfit **Outdated! Please go to "Rhames' The Naughty Help" post for the new Mod

Rhames01

**Outdated! Please go to "Rhames' The Naughty Help" post for the new Mod

​If you're like me and use your Butlers in a "full service" capacity, you go through the effort to make them attractive and set them up in outfits that take advantage of the undressing system in Wicked Whims. You put your work in and then discover that the Butler doesn't look like the changes you made. So, you shrug, figure the Butler is in a career outfit, tell yourself you'll get around to downloading Zerbu's Edit Career Outfit mod someday and simply use MCC to change the Butler into the everyday outfit.  It works and works great until you leave the lot and discover that when you come back the Butler is back in that uniform. Every time.  That's when you realize there is no editing the Butler's base outfit because it's a situation outfit that respawns every time the Butler appears on your lot. Well, that doesn't work for me and I did something about it. 

The attached "mod" is what I did.  I'm ashamed to call this thing a mod because all I did was change one lousy tag to no_uniform in the butler job situation tuning file.  That's it.  A little bit of work is saving me time and preventing annoyance and hopefully it will do the same for some of you. Now your Butler is dressed in the outfits you took the effort to dress him/her up in for whatever purpose you had in mind.

Because this file changes one tag in one xml, it almost certainly won't conflict with anything, especially since I haven't seen many butler mods out there.

Now if I can only figure out how to make maids and nannys stick around like butlers or, even better, get more than butler.

Enjoy.

nobutlersituationoutfit.zip

Nice !!

My way to "solve" this problem was to use the Outfit Tools mod that enable the possibility to copy outfits from one sims to an other, including the situation outfit. But the command need to be call any time i start the game or come back home as you said.

But your way is better and simplier. I will test it quickly !

Thanks !!

Turbo just put a fix on his Patreon site for WW involving outfit fixes.

If you find any conflicts happening or stuff like that, remove my mod first to see if it is a culprit because trust me, you really want Turbo's work over mine.

Not really related to your edit and my outfit fixes don't affect situational outfits at all.

Turbo just put a fix on his Patreon site for WW involving outfit fixes.

If you find any conflicts happening or stuff like that, remove my mod first to see if it is a culprit because trust me, you really want Turbo's work over mine.

Not really related to your edit and my outfit fixes don't affect situational outfits at all.

You would know better than us. Thanks for the heads up!

I know how you feel but with the changes I've made, the only real danger of something breaking when it updates is like what happened last summer when Maxis changed all the trait references in the game and every mod used a trait reference in it suddenly broke.

FYI for anyone reading this 75+% of the changes I make involves going into the xml and changing a flag within the parameters Maxis has made to another choice they have already designed into the game, so unless they change they're whole game around, very little will break.

In the case of Maids I simply had to chop/butcher out two sequences to get them to stay.

Wait you can get butlers in Sims? How?

With the Vintage Glamour Stuff pack.

But with the new Rhames' The Naughty Help mod you can keep any maid at home without this stuff pack. It's not realy the same thing but it's look like ;)

So that mod will work without the stuff pack? Also, to my understanding you use it to keep the maids at home? Isn't "adding sim to family" the same thing though? Like doing that through cheats.

But with the new Rhames' The Naughty Help mod you can keep any maid at home without this stuff pack. It's not realy the same thing but it's look like ;)

So that mod will work without the stuff pack? Also, to my understanding you use it to keep the maids at home? Isn't "adding sim to family" the same thing though? Like doing that through cheats.

Not the same as "adding to family" because with this mod the maid will not enter in the family, just stay at home and do the work. You can interact with as any NPC in the game, but you cant get the control.

Not the same as "adding to family" because with this mod the maid will not enter in the family, just stay at home and do the work. You can interact with as any NPC in the game, but you cant get the control.

The mod is primarily designed to keep the NPC's at home (like the Butler from the Vintage Stuff Pack) so that you have a full time servant/NPC taking care of stuff that DOESN"T take up one your 8 (or more with TwistedMexi's mods) household slot.

As daredev mentioned, you can interact with the NPC fully but don't control them.

Once this mod is fully up and running, I can get back into what I was working with for a while; using Trait mods with heavy autonomy controls to create played Sims versions of the NPC's that behave as their patterned NPC does; you can also do this with club.  The advantage of this method is that you can directly control the NPC's; the disadvantage is that you use up household slots and/or club slots.  That is why I chose the method I did; right now in my test version of the mod in the game I am playing I have a Butler, Maid, Nanny, and Massage Therapist hotties (not counting even more NPC's to be added) waiting on my Sim hand and foot AND I still have room for 7 additional playmates. Talked about Wicked Whims Heaven!

• 1 month later...

​If you're like me and use your Butlers in a "full service" capacity, you go through the effort to make them attractive and set them up in outfits that take advantage of the undressing system in Wicked Whims. You put your work in and then discover that the Butler doesn't look like the changes you made. So, you shrug, figure the Butler is in a career outfit, tell yourself you'll get around to downloading Zerbu's Edit Career Outfit mod someday and simply use MCC to change the Butler into the everyday outfit.  It works and works great until you leave the lot and discover that when you come back the Butler is back in that uniform. Every time.  That's when you realize there is no editing the Butler's base outfit because it's a situation outfit that respawns every time the Butler appears on your lot. Well, that doesn't work for me and I did something about it. 

The attached "mod" is what I did.  I'm ashamed to call this thing a mod because all I did was change one lousy tag to no_uniform in the butler job situation tuning file.  That's it.  A little bit of work is saving me time and preventing annoyance and hopefully it will do the same for some of you. Now your Butler is dressed in the outfits you took the effort to dress him/her up in for whatever purpose you had in mind.

Because this file changes one tag in one xml, it almost certainly won't conflict with anything, especially since I haven't seen many butler mods out there.

Now if I can only figure out how to make maids and nannys stick around like butlers or, even better, get more than butler.

Enjoy.

Wow! I've been looking for this kind of mod! We share the same sentiments. Thank you, thank you so much! Im gonna try this mod and the other one too now. thanks again!

my butler change to default butler uniform after shower. should i delete my butler before installing this mod? I only want this mod specifically.

Edit: Same from waking up. Back to same old outfit. :(

The new Rhames' mod is here : http://www.loverslab...e-naughty-help/

And maybe, there wil be no roblem with this new mod...

not working for me neither. kid dnt go to school. my game version is 1.25

not working for me neither. kid dnt go to school. my game version is 1.25

you would know what is the trouble if you read several last messages there instead of writing here

I mention in my earlier post that I only want this mod alone. Thats why im sticking here. And yes, I read the other thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo I initially thought it was just me, but just now found out that there is an issue if your game version is 1.25.136.1020 or prior with the new update of this mod, Rhames' The Naughty Help. My sims wouldn't go to work, and also couldn't play video games :/. So until I am able to update my game would this version be ok to use with game version 1.25.136.1020? It would be nice to have everything that's in Rhames' update (obviously lol) but changing the outfit every time is annoying so I'm hoping I'm able to use this

Sooo I initially thought it was just me, but just now found out that there is an issue if your game version is 1.25.136.1020 or prior with the new update of this mod, Rhames' The Naughty Help. My sims wouldn't go to work, and also couldn't play video games :/. So until I am able to update my game would this version be ok to use with game version 1.25.136.1020? It would be nice to have everything that's in Rhames' update (obviously lol) but changing the outfit every time is annoying so I'm hoping I'm able to use this

I figured I'd run a test of this for you since I'm able to pretty easily. My first test (with a pre-existing butler) had good news and bad news. Good news was: 1.) my modified butler kept his CAS edits and still wore his everyday clothes (not the black butler tux uniform) when I left the lot and returned, and 2.) my sims could still go to work and school.

The bad news: after my butler gets out of bed or takes a shower, his everyday outfit reverts to the default uniform. I can make him change to other outfits (i.e. formal or athletic) by "asking to see outfit" interactions, but if I ask to see his everyday outfit again... he puts the butler uniform on again. I guess you could work around this by putting your "everyday outfit" in the formal slot and asking him to switch to formal after every time your butler bathes or sleeps... But that'd get annoying fast.

My second test, I fired my old butler and hired a new one. The exact same stuff happened, except this time she switched her everyday outfit into a hotdog costume instead of the butler uniform. Editing her in CAS: that wasn't any of her outfits. It looks like when the butlers are first prompted to redress into their everyday outfit, a new situational outfit is assigned... or something... to their everyday outfit (except it's not actually overwriting their everyday outfit slot in CAS). I don't pretend to know exactly what's going wrong, but something isn't working.

So... TL;DR: This outdated mod either has bugs or it just conflicts with 1.25.136.1020. The workaround would be extremely annoying and isn't worth it. Unfortunately, it looks like you'll have to wait until you can upgrade your game and then use the up-to-date version of Rhames Naughty Help. Sorry I didn't have better news. :/

I figured I'd run a test of this for you since I'm able to pretty easily. My first test (with a pre-existing butler) had good news and bad news. Good news was: 1.) my modified butler kept his CAS edits and still wore his everyday clothes (not the black butler tux uniform) when I left the lot and returned, and 2.) my sims could still go to work and school.

The bad news: after my butler gets out of bed or takes a shower, his everyday outfit reverts to the default uniform. I can make him change to other outfits (i.e. formal or athletic) by "asking to see outfit" interactions, but if I ask to see his everyday outfit again... he puts the butler uniform on again. I guess you could work around this by putting your "everyday outfit" in the formal slot and asking him to switch to formal after every time your butler bathes or sleeps... But that'd get annoying fast.

My second test, I fired my old butler and hired a new one. The exact same stuff happened, except this time she switched her everyday outfit into a hotdog costume instead of the butler uniform. Editing her in CAS: that wasn't any of her outfits. It looks like when the butlers are first prompted to redress into their everyday outfit, a new situational outfit is assigned... or something... to their everyday outfit (except it's not actually overwriting their everyday outfit slot in CAS). I don't pretend to know exactly what's going wrong, but something isn't working.

So... TL;DR: This outdated mod either has bugs or it just conflicts with 1.25.136.1020. The workaround would be extremely annoying and isn't worth it. Unfortunately, it looks like you'll have to wait until you can upgrade your game and then use the up-to-date version of Rhames Naughty Help. Sorry I didn't have better news. :/

Well thank you very much for taking your time to test this for me, it is very much appreciated!! Too bad this mod won't work either :/ Ooh well, it's not the end of the world :) I will just have to wait until I can update my game. Thank you again for your time and help :)

Archived