Converting Skyrim Hairs?

Skyrim armors to fallout is relatively easy despite the tedious task of taking the time to do all of it. However, I don't see a single tutorial on hair's. How is it done? Is it relatively the same with armors? 

this, want to know guide for porting Skyrim hairs aswell as nobody else seems to bother. There are like million cool looking hairstyles in Skyrim and Fallout 4 got only like 2 mods having multiple hairs (commonwealth cuts being most overrated, most hairstyles look wonky at best and way too big on character's head)

How about you try this? --> http://fo4-mischairstyle.tumblr.com/post/139169515871/mischairstyle16-download-47-new-hairs-for-male

Some hairstyles are from skyrim, some even have a physic on them. Also when you use it with this mod --> http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21365/? you can achieve the color craziness of Skyrim hairstyles.

Youre welcome :D

you are not answering the question thus not helping. Question was to convert Skyrim hairs into Fallout 4, which should mean that ANY OF THE CURRENT hair mods dont include the wanted hairstyle.

How about you try this? --> http://fo4-mischairstyle.tumblr.com/post/139169515871/mischairstyle16-download-47-new-hairs-for-male

Some hairstyles are from skyrim, some even have a physic on them. Also when you use it with this mod --> http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21365/? you can achieve the color craziness of Skyrim hairstyles.

Youre welcome :D

I already have both of those mods, which are partially the reason of why I want to know how it's done. 

My guess is they're like adding armors but instead of adding it to the armo list, you have to add them to the hair parts.

Edit: Confirmed, I just converted one hair in less than 5 minutes

It's called philippa from here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7403/?

Excellent news! Well I do see some left over hair below it, how would I get rid of that? 

My guess is they're like adding armors but instead of adding it to the armo list, you have to add them to the hair parts.

Excellent news! Well I do see some left over hair below it, how would I get rid of that? 

That's because I did it quick. The hair below is the hairline, it's part of the hair, but can be removed. In the hair editor you load a mesh and also can add "parts", like bangs and/or hairlines. Vanilla hairs come with hairlines, and since I used a vanilla hair as base the hairline is showing. It's easy to fix, just remove the hairline or fix the mesh hair, that since I did it so quick I didn't scale it properly.

could you give small guide how to do it? I would be very grateful!

Yes, of course, I think it's pretty easy, I use outfit studio.

First you open the hair mesh in nifskope, and export it as .obj

Open outfit studio and open the .obj, scale it to 0.1 and move the z axis -120

I load the female head model and then I move the hair mesh until it properly fits. Then you take the textures and put them in the fallout textures folder.

You need to create a material file for the textures and then assign the material file in outfit studio.

Once in outfit studio again, you conform the mesh and copy bone weights using the female head as reference. Then in file, you export the .nif without reference and place it in your mesh folder.

Now the only thing left to do is open the CK and add the new hair as a head part.

I hope that helps, if you don't understand something, ask me.

I load the female head model and then I move the hair mesh until it properly fits. Then you take the textures and put them in the fallout textures folder.

You need to create a material file for the textures and then assign the material file in outfit studio.

Once in outfit studio again, you conform the mesh and copy bone weights using the female head as reference. Then in file, you export the .nif without reference and place it in your mesh folder.

Now the only thing left to do is open the CK and add the new hair as a head part.

So many questions, as have never personally touched on head meshes in outfit studio (..there is Fallout 4 head-mesh somewhere? seen only body.nif). Thought material file path is set in Nifskope (done it only once to correct material path that disappeared if armor was edited in Outfit studio)?

Also part

"Then in file, you export the .nif without reference and place it in your mesh folder.Now the only thing left to do is open the CK and add the new hair as a head part" would need some details, I'm not "expert" modder and just know files have esp-file, mesh and textures (and materials for textures).

What is CK?

It is 4am so would look into this later.. I just wont get peace before i could possibly test if i could use Skyrim KS Hairdos - Renewal (by Kalilies Stealthic Khaos and Shocky) hairstyle called "Alexis" on my Fallout 4 character :(

68311-0-1438769667.jpg

So many questions, as have never personally touched on head meshes in outfit studio (..there is Fallout 4 head-mesh somewhere? seen only body.nif). Thought material file path is set in Nifskope (done it only once to correct material path that disappeared if armor was edited in Outfit studio)?

Also part

"Then in file, you export the .nif without reference and place it in your mesh folder.Now the only thing left to do is open the CK and add the new hair as a head part" would need some details, I'm not "expert" modder and just know files have esp-file, mesh and textures (and materials for textures).

What is CK?

It is 4am so would look into this later.. I just wont get peace before i could possibly test if i could use Skyrim KS Hairdos - Renewal (by Kalilies Stealthic Khaos and Shocky) hairstyle called "Alexis" on my Fallout 4 character :(

Alright, CK is the Creation Kit. I'll make a tutorial with pics step by step, it's going to be a little bad because I'm not that good, and some experienced modders will see lots of mistakes, but I'll try. Give me a day or two to post the tutorial.

Also part

What is CK?

Alright, CK is the Creation Kit. I'll make a tutorial with pics step by step, it's going to be a little bad because I'm not that good, and some experienced modders will see lots of mistakes, but I'll try. Give me a day or two to post the tutorial.

Thank you for taking the time to make a tutorial with pictures.  I'll be looking forward to using it when you have it posted. 

Also part

What is CK?

Thanks! I asked this question so many times, and no one was willing to do a tutorial. Thankfully I found someone who was kind enoguh to port them for me, but I don't want to constantly bother him with requests, so being able to do this myself will be great.

Hopefully its ok for my to highjack this topic. But as an extention to this could this method be used also to get things in game like a baseball cap or a headband, in such a way that the original hair is still showing?

You're not highjacking at all :D, it's actually a part of the hair conversion that a lot of modders seem to overlook and ignore. I too would like to know how that works.

It took me a little under 2 days to complete, but I finally converted some hair to Fallout 4.  The only "problem" is that the hair is perma blonde. None of the hair colors in racemenu are working and the hair just remains blonde. I'm perfectly ok with this, but it would still be nice to change it up once in a while. I don't know what went wrong or if this is just a part of it ..

post-193775-0-13911800-1485884080_thumb.jpg

It took me a little under 2 days to complete, but I finally converted some hair to Fallout 4. The only "problem" is that the hair is perma blonde. None of the hair colors in racemenu are working and the hair just remains blonde. I'm perfectly ok with this, but it would still be nice to change it up once in a while. I don't know what went wrong or if this is just a part of it ..

I remember from skyrim you had to change some settings in the nif with nifscope for it to work with the haircolors. Not sure if its the same for fo4 thgh

it is really encouraging to see that porting is possible and by the pictures showed here they look really good. Just waiting for a guide now, so can try something ourselves and no need to bug others with requests ^^

Thank you so much for the guide! http://imgur.com/iPf9V00

However now I have to figure out how to enable physics (it stretches abnormally when the character makes subtle movement) or at least make it so that it's not glued. Then, I want to know how to enable the ability to change hair color. Any knowledge on this would do wonders! Preferably a very detailed guide. I have all the time in the world to learn right now. :D

bump. Still waiting for "Detailed Guide of Hair Converting for Idiots"  Q__Q

Are you ok with the fact that the lack of physics will cause the hairs to warp when moving? I hate it and am waiting for someone to hopefully share their knowledge on this subject so that I can add them to the ones I converted. But other than that sure I'll make a tutorial right now. It's very simple actually.

Are you ok with the fact that the lack of physics will cause the hairs to warp when moving? I hate it and am waiting for someone to hopefully share their knowledge on this subject so that I can add them to the ones I converted. But other than that sure I'll make a tutorial right now. It's very simple actually.

Would be nice, if you could do that! At least would get a start and know how it is done in principle.

I'm fine with that. I'm mostly into short hairs anyway, so I wouldn't really notice. Thanks for doing the tutorial.

I tried converting a hair and I followed your steps,but when I launch the Creation Kit and load the mesh ( when I try to add it as a head part by duplicating an existing one then replacing the .nif file) it simply freezes and crashes.

I tried using FO4Edit ,created the .esp file,then launched FO4, and the game crashed when I went into the hair menu to select the new hair.

Also, I didn't understand the "bone weights" part,and when I export the .nif file , I receive an error "Unweighted vertices"

I sound stupid , I know...but it's the first time I'm creating a mod or working with meshes.