Impressions from a latecomer player

QuiteTheTail

I've completed CLS Gold and I feel like sharing with you my impressions about this mod.

First thing I want to express my gratitude to the authors, particularly Grumpf_be.

This mod is outstanding both for concept and realization, I can hardly imagine the effort and the amount of work needed to make it possible.

The soundtrack is awesome, so immersive: I bet I'm not the only one to have cried like a baby watching the second ending (about endings, I suggest playing both. It's true, they are definitely different but they also provide mutual hints useful to understand the whole story).

You can think I'm a fool because "it's just a game", but I don't think so. There is more to this jewel than meets the eye. The simple fact that you can choose to be happy or desperate in the end is a lesson for life. You can embrace destiny or refuse it, there's nothing in between.

The cutscenes, other than been extremely hylarious, at times made me doubt whether I was playing Oblivion or Tomb Raider (spoiler: the Hunt sequence). It's probably too late to provide feedback, so rather than revamp the "favorite character" thread I will hereby express my preference for Lisbeth.
Not only because she's a beautiful, bodacious lass with disputable morality (definitely my ideal type :lol: ), but also because

of her caring and compassion towards Augusta's fate, something you wouldn't have expected from her, behind her mask of sarcasm and selfishness. Maude and Violet knew better, as the dialogues reveal.   

Again, thank you for this mod.

Archived