blender import/export question

brokkoli

Hey guys, I am having trouble trying to export an edited body mesh in blender. After all the editing is done and the mesh is exported I encountered the invisible body error so I did load up the file in blender again only to see my edit didnt save at all. All I did was merge vertices via Alt+M in edit mode from 2 different body meshes and export the file using a proper skeleton. Whatever I try, the vertices are split up again after exporting; anyone know what could cause this error ?

post-750669-0-40326000-1483547128_thumb.jpg

(Mesh after export, vertices split)

post-750669-0-14819000-1483547144_thumb.jpg

(Mesh before export, vertices connected)

Make sure you have just one "skin" material property. You can delete or assign material properties to selected faces from the "links and materials" tabs.

Also try "Join Objects" while in Object Mode.

Rather than using Alt+M for each couple of vertices:

1. Select the boundary vertices (those you need to merge) on both meshes in Edit Mode.

2. In Object  mode, select one mesh first and then the other (CTRL+Right Mouse Button).

3. Object > Scripts > Mend Seam with these settings:

http://www.loverslab.com/uploads/monthly_10_2015/post-23122-0-99926100-1445099945.jpg

As a result, vertex normals will be copied from the second mesh to the first.

4. Object > Join Objects (only if you want a single mesh).

P.S.

I'm not sure about it, but you may also want to get rid of double vertices (Mesh > Vertices > Remove Doubles) before exporting.

Archived