MEGA storage is maxed

AwfulArchdemon

How do I reset the storage space I have for MEGA? I can't even download anymore cuz it tells me I'm out of space and need to upgrade to premium. Can't download through my browser or through MegaSync. At this point I can't download my own stuff, so goodbye fully modded Oblivion and its whole mods folder.

And no, it is not as simple as deleting MEGA's cookie. I've seen that as the only answer given online, and I've seen it given many times. The site still knows how much room I have used and have available. A local cookie is not needed to tell MEGA how much I've downloaded.

And no, a VPN does nothing to solve it. I have CyberGhost and MEGA still tells me I have no space.

Sometimes it tells me I have wait like 10 hours but that never changes anything.

What do I do? I am not willing to say goodbye to MEGA. Not by a long shot. It's the fastest dl site I've ever seen. Takes like 10 minutes to dl a 10GB game. I gotta find a real solution to this so I can be done with this annoyance.

My guess would be you are saving stuff to your cloud drive and syncing it rather then simple downloads

Which if such is the case then simply logging in on the website and clearing unwanted files

I imagine this isn't the case though for which I have no idea

My guess would be you are saving stuff to your cloud drive and syncing it rather then simple downloads

Which if such is the case then simply logging in on the website and clearing unwanted files

I imagine this isn't the case though for which I have no idea

That's just it though, while I likely have stuff syncing to the cloud (simply cuz I logged so I could upload), but I saw this error before I started using MEGASync. I used MS to get around a dl that was too big to dl without it, so I used it and it worked. However, even if I purposely clear the cookie, log out of MEGA, turn on the VPN, and try to dl without Sync or being logged in, I still get the error. The error I get then though, once I refuse to let it add a cookie, simply tells me I ran out of HTML5 space.

I cleared the crap outta my cookies and all that CCleaner stuff, but it's one error or another, both telling me I'm out of space.

Have you had any browser downloads on Mega not complete? The issue might be with chrome and not Mega

It might be that the temporary files are still in the browser storage. The way Mega browser downloads work is that they store the data there until the file is fully downloaded.

The navigation path is C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\local\google\chrome\user data\default\filesystem\

Chrome has a cap on how much can be stored there and you might of hit the cap

Archived