[Req] Reaper's Animated Lute change.

AmethystLR

I sent a message to reaper1911 over on the nexus about this, but no response yet. I'm wanting to make a change to the lute mod to simply allow it to be used by NPC's, like companions.

What I want to do is give them the lute, and be able to cast a touch spell to get them to play it, or add a request for them to play as dialogue.

I was going to try and modify it myself, but I saw script so my mind went blank. I can mod to a -degree-, but scripting.. ehhhhh.

I know this is probably a really simple change in the CS or Tes4edit, for those that actually do script.

Additionally, if this could be a lap harp (If there's a mesh out there) That would be beyond amazing.

I want Stoker Wolf to serenade me damnit! :o

Here's the link! http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/28307

Also, hi everyone! Been lurking for a long time.

Amethyst

Guest ThatOne

Just a heads up, Reaper has stopped modding oblivion and is now modding skyrim, which is likely why he does not reply.

I'm sure if you sent him a pm on the skyrim nexus he will reply.

As for scripting this, I'm not sure if I can do that.

• 2 weeks later...

A little progress towards things. Got the harp mesh imported and fixed. Unfortunately, I need to edit the animation somehow. strumming a harp like a lute looks a bit odd. I need to change the right arm to point outwards, so I can change the lute facing, so it's properly strumming.

yMwtp.jpg

In addition to that, I messed up the scripts on my modified esp, in my attempt to make the harp playable by NPC's as well as the player. So on that one, no animation happens. >.<

Also, no music is playing now. I found some nice harp music and substituted it in, but it won't play in game. Urgh.

Archived