State of sex animations, general sexy animations

To make it clear, this is meant to be as a simple question to find a bit of information, nothing else. This isn't to criticise, or demand anything. I'm only searching for clues.

Hello,

I was wondering just now the currect state of development, the problems, etc. of the animations mods, mostly sex animations, combat animations with bbp and other stuff like that.

It's been quiet a while since CH released the 1st bbp mod and only a few others have released other walking or running animations, like xp32, who made the feminine walking/running animations with bbp.

What is going on with the modding scene? Other modders make a LOT of armors, and non of them use bbp. You normally have to wait, search, or ask for a conversion.

Animated prostutution was launched a while ago, and there's no more sex animations apart the ''adult show xxx'', which can't be used right now at the same time with AP since it conflicts with it.

Don't get me wrong people, I could make my game look like a total hentai game if I wanted but there's a big lack of lore friendly adult mods.

Is it too early? Are modders encountering a lot of problems? Why?

Thanks

Without facial animation, it looks like a comedy.

It is also impossible to control the player's eyes (he is deaf and blind) - until they make new morphs for head and will not be easy ways to export and import, all will remain

(newcomers will not be able to create their skeleton and rig, for export by Havoc utility-or for example, add a [bone - tongue] and export it in behavior.) .

Without facial animation' date=' it looks like a comedy.

[/quote']

Sexout also lacks facial animation support, as for how it stands at the minute, well the person making the most headway with animations is the good doc cox and the team behind SSG, although no animations have been released as of yet the framework is in place, whats needed is skilled animators to create the animations now.

I think the problem is all the super skilled animators are either working on projects that sell or trying to break into the business, and working on a sex mod for Skyrim is on the bottom of their list of priorities.

Not to say you guys aren't super talented, I'm talking about the guys who are tops in the business who would nail this animation thing down flat. Coding is hard work, and that's a lot to ask of someone who isn't getting paid to do it.

I think the problem is all the super skilled animators are either working on projects that sell or trying to break into the business' date=' and working on a sex mod for Skyrim is on the bottom of their list of priorities.

Not to say you guys aren't super talented, I'm talking about the guys who are tops in the business who would nail this animation thing down flat. Coding is hard work, and that's a lot to ask of someone who isn't getting paid to do it.

[/quote']Agree but if the modders are waiting for me to pay them, then I guess the modding community is over. That's not the way things should work. The day modders start to demand money for their modifications, that day the modding community will end.

I think you have it all wrong Dovah. It's not that modders are demanding payment they simply prioritize things that actually financially benefit them first. Modding is a hobby and we're all at the mercy of when a modder has free time to work on said modding. They're not waiting for payment...they're simply waiting until they have the motivation to finish the job.

I think you have it all wrong Dovah. It's not that modders are demanding payment they simply prioritize things that actually financially benefit them first. Modding is a hobby and we're all at the mercy of when a modder has free time to work on said modding. They're not waiting for payment...they're simply waiting until they have the motivation to finish the job.

You have said the same as me but with different words.

ASX will soon have sex animations and since they are working with Fores rather then against and will have a greater range of options then AP it will be the way users and modders will go.

Also ASX is a team while AP is just one guy.

ASX will soon have sex animations and since they are working with Fores rather then against and will have a greater range of options then AP it will be the way users and modders will go.

Also ASX is a team while AP is just one guy.

I have tried both mods and for variety, easy to use and install, I prefer AP. I don't like the menu system of ASX, and I don't like the way the creator is making it avaible for the people. They can't include it in their mods, something that forces modders to be in contact with the fore's creator. Fore's system is nothing without the mods that use it, that's why there isn't many mods yet that support it. The AP creator decided to make it's own animation system to avoid this matter. Also, ASX is based on a ''poor'' system that works with spells that plays idle animations till you ''jump'' to stop them. AP works with dialogs, playing sex animations for a period of time and then stop. There's a huge difference between those mods.

Nevertheless, I think it would be a lot easier if all people would use the same system animations.

Well' date=' of course it would be easier. It'd be easier if everyone used the same PC or the same phone, too. To be honest, a little competition is good for the community at large.

[/quote']That's why the AP creator decided to not use the fore's ''limited under my rules'' system

Also, I'm not saying that. But if you have a A base to work from, it will be easier, more compatible, etc rather than having A,B,C. A mod won't work with C and will do with A and B. A compatibility pach will be required for C but then you won't be able to use any other mods based on C in the future. Get it?

So, to sum up, I support the fore's system to make it available to anyone and anytime without permission but I don't support it since the author doesn't want to do it that way. The way the creator wants fore to be used it's limited and under his commands and that makes things even slower.

Guest pacesetter2012

Ugh. The politics. Never could understand the lack of teamwork that's inherent in the modding community... Lemme know when I can sit on my thrown and watch a gangbang. Till then I'm gonna go chop some heads off.

Make your own mod that work's and share it with the community! When you realize you don't have a clue perhaps then you can be more appreciative of those that try!!

I won't answer this

Well, I don't think that competition is good in this case. Due to the nature of animation system of Skyrim, several mods with their own behavior file are not compatible between them. Eventually, there will be only one sex anim mod that people will use, the rest of them will just.. die.

Well' date=' I don't think that competition is good in this case. Due to the nature of animation system of Skyrim, several mods with their own behavior file are not compatible between them. Eventually, there will be only one sex anim mod that people will use, the rest of them will just.. die.

[/quote']

That was stated by myself in the last page.

Well' date=' of course it would be easier. It'd be easier if everyone used the same PC or the same phone, too. To be honest, a little competition is good for the community at large.

[/quote']That's why the AP creator decided to not use the fore's ''limited under my rules'' system

Also, I'm not saying that. But if you have a A base to work from, it will be easier, more compatible, etc rather than having A,B,C. A mod won't work with C and will do with A and B. A compatibility pach will be required for C but then you won't be able to use any other mods based on C in the future. Get it?

So, to sum up, I support the fore's system to make it available to anyone and anytime without permission but I don't support it since the author doesn't want to do it that way. The way the creator wants fore to be used it's limited and under his commands and that makes things even slower.

I have to point this out, the way Fores has made FNIS is the only viable way of having multiple mods adding new animations to the game. Since at this point in time it requires manual modifications to the behaviour files, those files have to have a common manager.

The author of AP for some reason decided to take the concept demonstrated by FNIS and replicate it for AP, meaning AP has custom animations but is incompatible with any other mod that adds custom animations. What he could have done is co-operated with Fores and we would all have had access to AP + the 7 other mods who's authors decided to co-operate with FNIS.

Currently Fores is working on v3 of FNIS which hopefully will mean Fores will no longer need to manually assign slots within the behaviour files to mods and their authors. However that's a serious undertaking involving generating the behaviour files on the user's comupter according to what mods they have installed... Anyone with programming experience will tell you thats a big task to pull off without any bugs.

Anyway just wanted to point that out, Fores managed to crack getting new animations into skyrim. I hate to see someone so talented get a bad rap because he wasn't able to circumvent all the problems with the process.

note: JoshNZ (AP author) may have had a good reason, I just can't see it. Maybe Fores is a d*%k to deal with...

I think mainly Josh likes AP to stand alone. He doesn't want his mod depending on anything, or at least on anything external. Of course it didn't matter so much in the Fallouts.

The good news is that way out of the whole mess is in sight. With FNIS 2.0 fore worked out how to use 0_master.hkx to load separate hkx files. So with a fairly simple change to the master file we can load as many behavior files from as many different modders as we like. The only drawback is that we need an installer tool. But if it's choice between running a generator program at install time, or having a fixed number of slots with modders competing for space, most people are going to go with the generator, I suspect.

With 3.0 FNIS goes further, dynamically generating not only the master file, but it also does what Josh and I were aiming for and generates separate behaviors for each mod, based on a configuration file. So potentially, the war is over at this point. If josh just adopts the conventions in FNIS 2 & 3 he can have his own behavior file for AP and just generate the hooks. And he can decide for himself whether to use fore's generator, or adapt his own.

Changing the master file is fairly simple and bombproof anyway. Which is good, because I suspect we'll see a few different generators released as people get to grips with the technology and what can be done with it.

I'm going to pretend I understood all that stuff you said, Doc, and just be happy things are progressing with the new capabilities that are coming out. I did understand the bit about getting rid of the slot limitations, and I'm very happy about that.

To keep things on topic, I remember someone saying that people are experimenting with using the Xbox Kinect as a motion capture device to create new animations. Is that still going on? Is that even possible? To be honest, I kind of chuckle at the thought that someone, somewhere is miming sex acts in front of a Kinect, but if that makes it happen I'm all for it.

To keep things on topic' date=' I remember someone saying that people are experimenting with using the Xbox Kinect as a motion capture device to create new animations. Is that still going on? Is that even possible? To be honest, I kind of chuckle at the thought that someone, somewhere is miming sex acts in front of a Kinect, but if that makes it happen I'm all for it.

[/quote']

Reminded me of this, might be what you're thinking of. This dude's system can use any old camera hooked up to capture video, but I've seen other homebrew software using kinect where they got Miku to move around in the first person perspective using kinect to simulate arm and leg movement.

To keep things on topic' date=' I remember someone saying that people are experimenting with using the Xbox Kinect as a motion capture device to create new animations. Is that still going on? Is that even possible? To be honest, I kind of chuckle at the thought that someone, somewhere is miming sex acts in front of a Kinect, but if that makes it happen I'm all for it.

[/quote']

Reminded me of this, might be what you're thinking of. This dude's system can use any old camera hooked up to capture video, but I've seen other homebrew software using kinect where they got Miku to move around in the first person perspective using kinect to simulate arm and leg movement.

Ah sorry, I had meant that I read on this forum somewhere that someone was trying to use a Kinect to create custom animations for mods. I knew people were doing basic motion capture with the Kinect, but I was wondering if anyone has been successful with importing anything to Skyrim.