Height Problems

MsOtaku

Problem after problem after problem with this new save from the beginning and I'm ready to break stuff.

Had this problem before but, ignored it. This time it's REALLY upsetting me: Followers that shrink once in your service, your PC shags him or her, and they shrink.

Vorstag was always my PC's husband and was taller than her. Once they had sex he shrunk in size and NEVER went back to his normal height. I always had to shrink my character's height via console.

This time I decided to have an army of Orc followers, downloaded this guy and he's freakishly tall, recruited him, shagged him, and he shrunk..... Since I'm using that damn HDT Heels thing for my shoes when I scaled my PC's height down her feet sank into the floor. I had to reload from a previous save to get things back to normal. I like that Orc because he's really tall. What I don't understand is why they get really, really short when they are going to have sex with my character. I DO NOT have the option enabled in SexLab to adjust heights if my character is wearing high heels. And before when I didn't have high heels the same problem happened.

I've read about the mod Size Does Matter but, people are complaining of bugs and it's not Hearthfire compatible... I have HF.

What is causing this and is there a fix?

1. There is a check in sexlab, I think is second menu option, on right side, that disables the resizing of NPC to your character. Not sure if this will help you are not. 

2. All characters have always set them selves back to there normal size after I did the dirty with them.

3.  The sink in the floor has plagued me some too. The best thing I have found, and it has worked for me is once I have my character like I like them. I save a preset in Racemenu. Now if i am wearing High heels is when I have the best chance for a sink into the floor glitch.

Anyway after making the Preset, if my feet start being stuck in the floor again. I console, type "showracemenu", and reload my preset. this has for me so far always placed my feet back on the ground.

4. of course for the lover size problem, you might try in console >>> Highlight your lover that has been shrunken, and type setscale 1, if that is not tall enough, the "type setscale 1.2 or setscale 2 what ever to get them back to the way you like them.

5. however there is a problems I think somewhere if they are not resetting back to there normal size, but I have no Idea what that might be.

1. There is a check in sexlab, I think is second menu option, on right side, that disables the resizing of NPC to your character. Not sure if this will help you are not. 

2. All characters have always set them selves back to there normal size after I did the dirty with them.

3.  The sink in the floor has plagued me some too. The best thing I have found, and it has worked for me is once I have my character like I like them. I save a preset in Racemenu. Now if i am wearing High heels is when I have the best chance for a sink into the floor glitch.

Anyway after making the Preset, if my feet start being stuck in the floor again. I console, type "showracemenu", and reload my preset. this has for me so far always placed my feet back on the ground.

4. of course for the lover size problem, you might try in console >>> Highlight your lover that has been shrunken, and type setscale 1, if that is not tall enough, the "type setscale 1.2 or setscale 2 what ever to get them back to the way you like them.

5. however there is a problems I think somewhere if they are not resetting back to there normal size, but I have no Idea what that might be.

I tried the option in SexLab but, it did not work. :(  I wondered if I removed the shoes off of my PC and THEN made her shorter if her feet would still sink after putting the shoes back on and they didn't! So sadly I can't have tall, beefy lovers but, if I can make her shorter so they look taller and there's no more problems with her feet then HUZZAH! I did go ahead and made a preset of her so I won't have to go through all the work to make her look her gorgeous self again since I had to start a new game.... woe is me. Thanks for all the advise and tips! xoxo

Mh, i know that the option to change size of hip bones was removed from cursed loot because that caused the bug with feet in ground while wearing HDT heels. You could see if you have another mod that does that (maybe for NPCs?). I have other mods that still change my own hip bones and solved the problem by not wearing HDT heels... it's no problem to have it installed for any outfit mods, just don't use the shoes. I use boots with NiO support instead and it seems to work.

I tried the option in SexLab but, it did not work. :(

Was hoping there was a solution with normal gameplay setup that would work for you.

Nothing yet, so maybe you want to consider this.

Been using this from almost the beginning > http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/617-npc-body-scale-randomizer/

Bit heavy on papyrus, but if you like tall "friends"  then you may want to see if your computer can get along with this.

Advantage is this script resets npc height every so often.  In my game after sex, NPC height is restored.  And even during sex the character is still taller than vanilla.

Recommend setting max height to 1.09 for males and females if you want new experiences.  :P

PS. Wish i had thought of the signature line you're using and used it first. :D

Mh, i know that the option to change size of hip bones was removed from cursed loot because that caused the bug with feet in ground while wearing HDT heels. You could see if you have another mod that does that (maybe for NPCs?). I have other mods that still change my own hip bones and solved the problem by not wearing HDT heels... it's no problem to have it installed for any outfit mods, just don't use the shoes. I use boots with NiO support instead and it seems to work.

I've looked at NiO shoes but, I really wanted the outfit that my PC is wearing now and the matching boots. There is a file available if you don't want to install HDT High Heels but, she looks like she isn't wearing shoes. But, at least now, I figured out how to make her shorter without her feet sinking into the ground. My only issue now is that there are alignment problems during sex with creatures because she's so petite.... 

I tried the option in SexLab but, it did not work. :(

Was hoping there was a solution with normal gameplay setup that would work for you.

Nothing yet, so maybe you want to consider this.

Been using this from almost the beginning > http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/617-npc-body-scale-randomizer/

Bit heavy on papyrus, but if you like tall "friends"  then you may want to see if your computer can get along with this.

Advantage is this script resets npc height every so often.  In my game after sex, NPC height is restored.  And even during sex the character is still taller than vanilla.

Recommend setting max height to 1.09 for males and females if you want new experiences.  :P

PS. Wish i had thought of the signature line you're using and used it first. :D

Hmm... that sounds like a really good solution. However I'm concerned about it being script heavy. I'm already running a lot of graphical and NPC overhaul mods plus an ENB. So far I haven't had any problems but, I don't want to push Skyrim too much. I've been having a smooth playthrough thus far. *knocks on wood* I don't want something bad to happen. I appreciate the suggestion and did bookmark the link to the mod--I like my girls short but, not super short--so if I just get fed up I may install it and see how it goes. xoxo

And thanks for the compliment on the signature! Someone showed me a funny pic with that caption and was told that it was "totally me." ;)

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting this thread because the problem continues to annoy me. This time I am NOT using the HDT Heels thingy. I've read old posts on this matter and the majority of folks here in LL say that it's a problem with SL. Has there been any fix or a patch for this?

I downloaded a custom follower, Garulf Wild-Blood, who is now my PC's husband. He's very tall and my gal is a shorty, 0.95 to be exact. Again, he always shrinks to her size when they have sex and remains that way forever. It's ridiculous to make her any shorter because he will just shrink down to her size again. I loved this guy because he's a tall, beefy, Nord warrior. He's way shorter than any man in Skyrim now. This is so irritating. Also, why is it only followers? When I use any prostitution mod, Aroused Creatures, or Defeat kicks in the people nor animals shrank. When I have Untamed installed my pack animals also shrank after mating with them but, not animals that forced themselves on my PCs via Defeat or Aroused Creatures.

I sort of avoided the problem by making my PCs 0.99 or 0.98 so that the men she was with didn't shrink too much since average is 1.00. This time I wanted a shorter PC.

I downloaded NPC Body Scale Randomizer but, I don't want everyone and their mother to change heights at random moments. There is an option in the MCM for "Actor Adjustments" or something like that but, it's blank.

So, is there a fix for this issue? Thanks in advance.

Archived