Destroyed archives?

Hey :]

Every mod I downloaded from mediafire, which has other files than esps and esms in their archives, won't let me unpack/unzip.

CRC errors and destroyed archives.

Mods directly downloaded from loverslab and nexusmods do work, but I'm still a bit confused. Does mediafire have a problem with their servers or does my computer don't like mediafire? :(

I couldn't find any related topic to this, that's why my irritation is at high levels. Don't shout at me, if this was mentioned before please. ><

I downloaded yesterday from them--no problem.

It's a bit frustrating, because the only files I need are the resource files. All the others can be aquired without mediafire. An alternative way would always be good. :(

Edit: and I need the improved animations project (is only mediafire as well) :/

The files are okay, I think it has something to do with the way you save the files on your computer...make sure you have the right file-extension when you choose the folder where you want your files to be saved...it has to be the extension xxx.7z or xxx.rar

Maybe your computer does not set this extension properly when choosing download path...so check the extensions and it should work...I think ^^

The extension doesn't seem to be the problem, since txt, esp and esm files are unpacked/unzipped correctly.

Wav, nif, omod and others are too afraid of leaving the archive.

I even tried repairing some archives with WinRar. Didn't go well. :/

But why only mediafire?

The extension doesn't seem to be the problem' date=' since txt, esp and esm files are unpacked/unzipped correctly.

Wav, nif, omod and others are too afraid of leaving the archive.

I even tried repairing some archives with WinRar. Didn't go well. :/

But why only mediafire?

[/quote']

Are you sure you are using the latest version of 7zip to extract them?

If not grab it at http://www.7-zip.org/

WinRAR will NOT extract things correctly!

I do and have both (WinRar and 7zip)

I'll try downloading from other computers.

Edit: Doesn't work on the laptops either. Seems like my connection doesn't want things from mediafire on my computer...

When it stops raining, I'll try the neighbours WLAN >:]

Edit Edit: Nevermind, I got it to work. Looks like my provider is part of this EU-wide mediafire blocking affair, so I had to find a way around it.

Thanks though ^^

Archived