Game Freezes on Pause Menu

Rdawgx

Hi guys,

At first I thought it was weird when the game's startup menu was really laggy but I thought, "aww whatever, it's just a menu".  However, whenever I go to press start in game, the menu just tanks my fps and I get stuck in the menu.  I can't save, load, move the cursor up or down, and I can't even alt+tab or ctrl+delete!  I've only noticed this recently.

I was thinking that maybe it was a mod I installed but I'm not sure why that would make a difference for a menu.  And I also thought maybe it was because of the fallout update but people said it didn't change anything except a couple of quests...

I'm at a loss.  It sucks when you're playing survival and then you're game freezes when you press start.

I would appreciate any help that can be provided!

Hi, rdawgx. Are you by chance using more video RAM than your video card supports? When I was using a video card with only 4 gigs video RAM I'd get that problem using ultra settings with 4k. When I had a 2 gig VRAM graphics card I had that problem with ultra settings at 1080P.

With a 6 Gig VRAM card I don't get that problem with anything in fallout 4.

I agree. You definitely should not have that problem, hehe. I'd also make sure your hard drive isn't full, that you're not running an anti-virus at the same time, and if all else fails check for viruses and stuff just to be safe. Something's using up your resources as clearly your computer is strong enough.

Archived