Corean Hair mesh & texture matching

enthusiast

I am using a mod that allows you to cast a spell on any npc and change the hair style. The hair meshes & textures are stored in two separate directories that the mod designates. For every mesh you must have the corresponding textures with the same name. For example: If you have a mesh named "MyCustomHair01_Blonde.nif", then you must have a texture file named "MyCustomHair01_Blonde.dds".

The problem is that many mod authors have many different hairstyles (meshes) that use the same texture files. They may have hair01.nif, hair02.nif, hair03.nif but only have one texture file for all 3 hairstyles (meshes). That is the case with the Corean hair.

The Corean hair pack that I have has (35) meshes named hair01.nif to hair35.nif. It has (2) textures named coreanhair.dds & coreanhair2.dds. In order to use them, I must know which mesh uses which one of the two texture files so that I can match them. So, does anyone know how I can find this out? I am not a mod developer, so my tools & knowledge of them is limited to how to's.

1:Open the Corean hair esp and check the textures path

Or

2:Open the mesh with NifScope and check the textures path.

EDIT:

Or test it in game. Almost all Corean meshes use the coreanhair.dds, So create 35 renamed copies of the coreanhair.dds and test the hairs in game.

Then you can fix the few wrong hairs and add a renamed coreanhair2.dds.

Then use NifSkope!  or test in game.

I have a corean hair Mod but with only 26 meshes.

hair01.nif to hair25.nif use coreanhair.dds

Only hair26.nif use coreanhair2.dds

Edit: in the corean race mod are all 35 hairs

All use coreanhair.dds

only hair26.nif use coreanhair2.dds

Edit2:  hair27.nif to hair35.nif have no egm files ! If you use the hairs with wide/big heads the head can clip through the hair. Or with slim/narrow head there will be a gap between head and hair.

Better don't use hair 27 to 35

Archived