Memory

So i have a GTX 950 2GB DDR with 5gb of Vram and 8GB Ram. 

I wanna know why when ever i have youtube playing on one monitor and fallout on the other, that fallout crashes due to a memory shortage. Is the only way to fix this to buy more Ram?

I'd like to not do that cause shit is expensive as fuck 

RAM would be one of the more inexpensive PC upgrades.

I thinks its the vram. Also how do you have 2 GB Vram and 5 GB Vram?

What resolutions do you play at? 2GB should be enough.

Edit:

This seems like a solution.

"I think i've fixed my issue. Go to my computer (This PC), right click > properties > advanced system settings > advanced tab > performance settings > Advanced > under virtual memory, click change > Here i made sure all of my drives were set to 'System Managed', Click OK. Restart computer and you should be good to go! Let me know if it helps :) "

From here

https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/496881136905391648/

increase page file size and u should be fine. windows tend to shutdown programs if it does not have huge memory reserve (about 4 gigs). with 8gb of ram i use 3 gb page file wich is enough for fallout. if u wanna use some another resource hog like chrome along u need at least 5-7 gb of page file i would estimate. dont set page file on your ssd unless u dont care about its life span.

edit

u dont wanna system to automange this. its horrbile, u will waste lots of hdd space in place where u perhaps need it most (like your system partition)

Archived