WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

1 minute ago, Jace5 said:

Damn are you even able to alt +tab? I was gonna update but more and more it seems I'll hold off a bit.

I play in fullscreen windowed mode, so yeah, I can alt-tab. What's frustrating is spending 3 hours setting up a game only to have it freeze the first time my sims try to have sex. Sure wish we had the older version pre all this new body bullshit. Huge mistake doing a complete version change just before a major update.

2 hours ago, BnArrogant said:

Mine is doing the same thing. I've removed everything from my folder except for the default animations and my game still freezes. 

Mine too but I noticed that if you have the Fame/traits tab section open at the bottom it'll freeze or stutter. It doesn't effect the "needs" section though if that tab is open and I haven't tried the rest like "Relationships", "Work" etc. It seems to be tied to the new "Fame" system with Get Famous though. I would try quitting Fame with a random sim and see what happens after you start an animation if you don't have any tabs open.

Замечательная работа! Осмелюсь сказать, что очень нагружает игру! Вы не можете наготу и экгебиционизм разделить на модули от основного мода. Многие этим не пользуются, а нагрузка идет очень жесткая!  Одним словом игра стала тормозить! Спасибо огромное за ваш труд!

6 minutes ago, beastbybay said:

Mine too but I noticed that if you have the Fame/traits tab section open at the bottom it'll freeze or stutter. It doesn't effect the "needs" section though if that tab is open. It seems to be tied to the new "Fame" system with Get Famous though. I would try quitting Fame with a random sim and see what happens after you start an animation if you don't have any tabs open.

Wow... I never thought of that as being responsible for the game freezing. Seems that the one game I'd had this issue was on the fame screen. I closed it, and used ww without a freeze. At least this is a start. I'm going to have to check some other games that I had started that have been freezing, and see if closing the fame screen stops the freezing. Nice catch! Still not happy with the new system though. It's a royal pain in the ass. Wastes too many tattoo slots.

I'm having the same issue with the game freezing right before sex.  It's not constant, so it's been difficult to try and even guess at any discernible cause or possible self help solution.  That said, this latest Sims 4 update has been a tremendous pain in the butt. Auto update... never again.

UPDATE

I was reading more through this forum (right above my own post no less),  and saw the suggestion that the an open fame window was the freezing cause and culprit.  After several tests, I can confirm!  Thanks, beastbybay!

Thanks, MickCasanova!

30 minutes ago, digital_samurai said:

I'm having the same issue with the game freezing right before sex.  It's not constant, so it's been difficult to try and even guess at any discernible cause or possible self help solution.  That said, this latest Sims 4 update has been a tremendous pain in the butt. Auto update... never again.

Give this a shot... Make sure the "simology" tab is closed (bottom right corner of the screen). Seems the "fame" section was causing my sims to freeze when attempting to have sex. Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, and it seems to have eliminated my freezing. I know it's not ideal, but at least for now it's a work around. It's actually the traits/public image tab under simology to be more specific.

8 hours ago, asdfasdfasdfgasd said:

Hey. I have question. Last patch will be for long time? I mean should I update all mods right now or soon will be next patch and all mods again will not work. I have 20 gb mods, scripts etc. and I am not sure that should I update everythink right now or just wait for next patch. WW is core mod to play sims 4 and idk what to do.

This is the first update needed of this size - EA changed the version of the scripting language and all *.ts4script files no longer work and need to be updated.  All of your *.package files should be fine.

EA does a monthly patch which sometimes affects things, and a few times a year puts one a new major pack that requires some updates, but the scope of this one is the biggest ever.

Well I gave in and updated. First person is worth the update so far. Haven't had anything of the problems being had in here but I only use like 3 script mods. For the people having problems trying cutting down on your script mods till the you find the culprit I don't think WW is the issue.

3 hours ago, MickCasanova said:

Give this a shot... Make sure the "simology" tab is closed (bottom right corner of the screen). Seems the "fame" section was causing my sims to freeze when attempting to have sex. Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, and it seems to have eliminated my freezing. I know it's not ideal, but at least for now it's a work around. It's actually the traits/public image tab under simology to be more specific. 

Thanks!!

7 hours ago, WombatCombat said:

I highly suggest not updating to any of these mods until they work out the kinks. only reason i downloaded the new patch was because origin wouldnt let me start sims 4 til i did it.  so essentially wait like 1-2 weeks

you could have played offline via origin ;)

it's what I did.

4 hours ago, war123890 said:

Hi! I have a little problem. Can anyone explain what's going on? Can modification conflict?

18.11.2018_2-49-38.png

6 hours ago, Vengeance_11 said:

I haven't updated my game yet (waiting on them fixing the CAS aging bug and for a few more mods to be updated first) so I'm just curious if the new body selector works like the old penis model selector and allows for you to change all Sims at the same time? 

yes you can set all penis the same.

13 minutes ago, wellington1983w said:

I updated my game and I am using the latest version of both the game and also the ww is working perfectly if for some people it is not working is due some mod that the person may own is having conflict

Same here, everything is just fine,
before i start my game with ww i make sure i update another script/tuning mod. and delete outodate script/tuning mod.
but sadly penis settings is no longer there. lol
i think TURBODRIVER forget to update for that one because for quick update for new patch.
Just wait for the next update.

3 hours ago, Darkenna said:

I updated WW to newest version and it doesnt work anymore, im not sure what to do should i just wait for the fix?

My suggestions for "im not sure what to do" would be:

0.  If you just upgraded, EA turns off all script mods.  Did you turn it back on in the game options?
1.  Give us the relevant information.  What version of the game are you running, this version with only work with the one that just came out.
2.  Read back the past four or five pages, there's a lot of suggestions.  Soft save cleanings, remove older versions, taking out all script files as seeing what's up, etc.

3.  If all that fails, be more specific -- do you see WW listed at the bottom of your custom content when you first load the game?  Do the welcome screens come up but the radial menu is missing?  Do you see the commands but nothing happens?