WickedWhims v180a [2024-05-20]

6 minutes ago, kittyyyyye said:

I also get a lot of error notification with MC and Nisa's wicked perversions and it happened after Origin update Sims yesterday?

If you use mods, you need to turn off auto-update. Until the mods are updated you need to pull your mods folder out if you want to play your game. 

21 minutes ago, Mellchiril said:

I miss my wicked whims... not just for the smexy times, but even just for non pixel blur, non barbie and ken bodies...

I'm guessing the update will come after Growing Together comes out? Makes sense to me, but my inner mod enthusiast wishes to know.

I'm sure Turbo and all the other mod creators are working on updating their mods as quickly as possible, but GT was a rather large update to the game so its going to take a little longer to get the mods updated. 

9 minutes ago, RUASim21 said:

If you use mods, you need to turn off auto-update. Until the mods are updated you need to pull your mods folder out if you want to play your game. 

Thank you! I downloaded Sims on new laptop just one week ago and absolutely forget about turning off auto-updates

If game wont launch while in offline mode in EA app, while logged in just disconnect from wifi on laptop and then launch game from the shortcut on desktop.

Maybe this will help, was the only way I could get to work without updating game.

Just an FYI: I was still running 174e and I still have MOST functionality.

Holy hell, I didn't know you could turn off updates!  I guess I got used to the Steam stance of "ignore that setting anyway".

Correction: Just found the setting.  Auto update was turned off and it still forced the update.  So just like Steam.

Edited by chasm
Update/correction
On 3/14/2023 at 6:24 PM, DarkAudit said:

I don't know what you guys are or aren't doing, but the Go Offline option has always been there. In the EA Desktop, it's the three lines in the upper left corner, then Go Offline.

If the game still won't let you play after that, you've misconfigured something else. Make sure auto update is really off.

by time i get an ea app that will download. mods will all be updated. three days and night i contiually re apply the app with nothing happening.  i think before its over ill be investing in a new pc. hate to due to nivation though.

8 minutes ago, Tina0854 said:

Hallo und liebe Grüße aus Deutschland.

Ich bekomme nach der Installation folgende Fehlermeldung (siehe Anhang). 

Was mache ich falsch? 

LG Tina 

WickedWhims_v174h_Exception.txt 150.18 kB · 0 downloads

You are doing nothing wrong Tina.

Your game updated but the new patch broke lots of mods, including WW.

You will need to wait for WW and all the other mods you are using to be patched as well.

It may take a few days for that to happen, so nothing to do but having patience.

Next time remember to go offline before logging into the game when a patch is due.

Look at the post I made above yours to learn how to turn off auto-updates and go offline.

If you use another laucher for the game, you will need to look into its settings.

Edited by carnation77
2 minutes ago, carnation77 said:

Du machst nichts falsch Tina.

Ihr Spiel wurde aktualisiert, aber der neue Patch hat viele Mods beschädigt, einschließlich WW.

Sie müssen warten, bis WW und alle anderen von Ihnen verwendeten Mods ebenfalls gepatcht sind.

Es kann ein paar Tage dauern, bis dies geschieht, also nichts anderes tun, als Geduld zu haben.

Denken Sie beim nächsten Mal daran, offline zu gehen, bevor Sie sich beim Spiel anmelden, wenn ein Patch fällig ist.

Sehen Sie sich den Beitrag an, den ich über Ihrem erstellt habe, um zu erfahren, wie Sie automatische Updates deaktivieren und offline gehen können.

Wenn Sie einen anderen Launcher für das Spiel verwenden, müssen Sie sich dessen Einstellungen ansehen.

Vielen lieben Dank für die Info :)  

Ja ich habe es gerade gesehen, bei dem Post vor mir. 

Dann werde ich geduldig warten. Einen schönen Tag dir  :) 

In preparation of glitches happening with EA updates in the future, maybe we could always have an older version available for download? Just one behind the most recent verison. Would save some people from having to stare at the errors while playing. Anyone know how to hide/remove those? They're annoying.