WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

Thank you for all your answers, Turbodriver and TimeLord. 

I visited your tumblr and Patreon.

So basically if I support this mod for more than $4.50,  can I see some special stuff too? Am I right? 

I am not familiar with the Patreon.. that is why. 

When you support my Patreon for $4.50 you will get access to all new versions for the whole time of your support. You will be charged $4.50 only once a month for an actual full release. That's it, there is nothing more to it.

But they will eventually be free, right?

Not sure if this would help with the whole strapon thing, but just in case check this out if you dont already know about it. http://sexysims.info/download.php?t=175444

Good looking out bro, when I get to it maybe I can frankenmesh it to a panty or something so it'll look like a realistic strapon and not full on shemale. Though I'm not putting down our futa/shemale players. Damn near anything goes on LL right...;)

So I downloaded the mod and I like it and what it could potentially grow into. However, there are some game breaking bugs for me, in the initial version, that caused me to delete it. Mainly sims will start having sex randomly, without seemingly any initiating factor outside of the mods presence in of itself. While that would be annoying, I could deal with it if once I cancelled the action the sims stopped. But they don't. For long at least. Every time I force them to stop they start back up and will NEVER stop. I've looked for options to change this but found nothing. I turned off exhibition but that didn't work either. To make matters worse for me, now that I've uninstalled the mod my sims won't woohoo at all anymore. Help would be appreciated.

Guest INKkan

So I downloaded the mod and I like it and what it could potentially grow into. However, there are some game breaking bugs for me, in the initial version, that caused me to delete it. Mainly sims will start having sex randomly, without seemingly any initiating factor outside of the mods presence in of itself. While that would be annoying, I could deal with it if once I cancelled the action the sims stopped. But they don't. For long at least. Every time I force them to stop they start back up and will NEVER stop. I've looked for options to change this but found nothing. I turned off exhibition but that didn't work either. To make matters worse for me, now that I've uninstalled the mod my sims won't woohoo at all anymore. Help would be appreciated.

Delete the WickedWoohoo folder in your saves. That should fix the bug.

So basically if I support this mod for more than $4.50,  can I see some special stuff too? Am I right? 

When you support my Patreon for $4.50 you will get access to all new versions for the whole time of your support. You will be charged $4.50 only once a month for an actual full release. That's it, there is nothing more to it.

The mod is free, patreon is just a support for development and for testing builds before public release to ensure a stable functional mod. Like Kinky World is doing.

Delete the WickedWoohoo folder in your saves. That should fix the bug.

I just deleted the folder, I wish I could say it worked... but it didm't. Any other suggestions?

I just deleted the folder, I wish I could say it worked... but it didm't. Any other suggestions?

I had similar issues a few pages back, but thing that wasn't mentioned is that the folder you deleted gets recreated every time you exit the game, so you need to delete it again every time before you play... I also thought it didn't work at first, but it was just that launching to check the settings and version number was enough to reintroduce the problem.

Now that I'm getting into the habit of removing that folder every time I finish playing it seems to be working properly.

I had similar issues a few pages back, but thing that wasn't mentioned is that the folder you deleted gets recreated every time you exit the game, so you need to delete it again every time before you play... I also thought it didn't work at first, but it was just that launching to check the settings and version number was enough to reintroduce the problem.

Now that I'm getting into the habit of removing that folder every time I finish playing it seems to be working properly.

Oddly enough the woohoo folder isn't getting created when I exit, it stays deleted. However, I still couldn't woohoo. I found a solution tho, and a potential bug. My sims WILL woohoo if it's picked from the romantic dialogue options. But if I click on a bed and tell them to woohoo from there, it'll automatically cancel and my poor sim will have blue balls. Not sure why it works out like that.

hey Turbodriver

can this mod work on 1.10.57.1020? if any possible to work, please help. how to do? Should I send my lastexception.txt file?

I already download this and copy to mods folder, but when in-game it crash. not error mention, just some bugs on all menu interaction. can't move

The mod is free, patreon is just a support for development and for testing builds before public release to ensure a stable functional mod. Like Kinky World is doing.

KinkyWorld is probably the worst example on LL for Patreon authors to follow.  I posted a best practice suggestion for Patreon users in SimLab previously but saw zero impact so here is me being a pest again ;):

1. If the mod is publicized as "free" do not discriminate between Patreon and public users in terms of the actual release.  It creates confusion, miscommunication and very likely badwill. 

2. Have a publicly stated and "reasonable" exclusive time window if you so choose to use that as Patreon perk (more on this below).

To be frank, the best practice for Patreon in regard to authors intending on keeping his/her outputs in the public is really not exclusive "special" content nor launch window.  What stated above are merely tricks for enhancing revenue and there are more I can list if maximizing pay-to-play earnings is the goal.  IMO, the best practice in balancing free and financial incentive is to reward tiers of patronage to be part of your process.  Use a combination of milestones and patron tiers to reward inputs in regard to priority of features YOU want to build. 

Those who truly appreciate your work will not pledge less if you don't grant them early or exclusive access to certain content.  Those who can afford it likely pledge more for the higher tiers to get the features they want sooner rather than so they can play something exclusive by themselves. 

KinkyWorld is probably the worst example on LL for Patreon authors to follow.  I posted a best practice suggestion for Patreon users in SimLab previously but saw zero impact so here is me being a pest again ;):

1. If the mod is publicized as "free" do not discriminate between Patreon and public users in terms of the actual release.  It creates confusion, miscommunication and very likely badwill. 

2. Have a publicly stated and "reasonable" exclusive time window if you so choose to use that as Patreon perk (more on this below).

To be frank, the best practice for Patreon in regard to authors intending on keeping his/her outputs in the public is really not exclusive "special" content nor launch window.  What stated above are merely tricks for enhancing revenue and there are more I can list if maximizing pay-to-play earnings is the goal.  IMO, the best practice in balancing free and financial incentive is to reward tiers of patronage to be part of your process.  Use a combination of milestones and patron tiers to reward inputs in regard to priority of features YOU want to build. 

Those who truly appreciate your work will not pledge less if you don't grant them early or exclusive access to certain content.  Those who can afford it likely pledge more for the higher tiers to get the features they want sooner rather than so they can play something exclusive by themselves. 

Yeah, I'm still confused as to how this is playing out.  From what I can glean there are two groups of users for this mod; those who donate and those who don't.  The ones who don't aren't getting access to the same content as the ones who do.  As it stands now that is against LL rules (#12).

“Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content.”  :mellow:  

I don't know. Mods like this take a lot of time and nothing is owed to anyone for free. They are within their rights even to make it available only to contributors with no public releases. And they don't really need LL to do this.

My feeling is that it's entirely up to the modder on how they want to handle that. It's their time.

I think that insisting on some kind of donation orthodoxy and mobbing up against violators will just remove incentive for talented professionals to make mods in the first place.

Donations mean early access, nothing more. While my own philosophy is a different one ("ah, so you put many hours of work into your product? I don't care, give it for FREE NOW" is kind of irritating and rude) I won't argue over this. Both sides (pay to access + completely free) have legit points, however, if I understand it correctly WickedWoohoo is somewhere inbetween of these business models.

I'm not against paid modding.  I have a Renderosity storefront and the stuff I make for Daz isn't free.  Whether or not modders are entitled to compensation isn't the point.  The point is people can't use LL to solicit or entice others to donate with the promise of early access or exclusive content.

That's not open for debate, justification or discussion.  It's against the rules for a reason.  LL is a free community.  That's all there is to it.

I'm not against paid modding.  I have a Renderosity storefront and the stuff I make for Daz isn't free.  Whether or not modders are entitled to compensation isn't the point.  The point is people can't use LL to solicit or entice people to donate with the promise of early access or exclusive content.

Could you quote the relevant part here because I am not firm with the rules. I didn't even know it was forbidden since WickedWoohoo is not the only mod with such an early access system on this forum.

I'm not against paid modding.  I have a Renderosity storefront and the stuff I make for Daz isn't free.  Whether or not modders are entitled to compensation isn't the point.  The point is people can't use LL to solicit or entice people to donate with the promise of early access or exclusive content.

Could you quote the relevant part here because I am not firm with the rules. I didn't even know it was forbidden since WickedWoohoo is not the only mod with such an early access system on this forum.

He already quoted it a few posts above.

But, several mods have been operating that way for a long time now. I don't think the rule benefits LL, the community or modders. Maybe that's why it hasn't been enforced?

The link to the rules is at the top right of the forum pages.  Rule #12.

“Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content.”

He already quoted it a few posts above.

But, several mods have been operating that way for a long time now. I don't think the rule benefits LL, the community or modders. Maybe that's why it hasn't been enforced?

Regardless, the rule stands until Ashal decides otherwise.  If the rule isn't being enforced (or enforced equally) then that's a problem.  LL is primarily a Bethesda fan site.  If modders are placing Bethesda-based content behind paywalls (real or implied) then that's a LEGAL issue and one that Zenimax lawyers love to enforce with threats and DMCA takedown notices.

Let's demonstrate a little common sense here.  Whats more important?  Following one simple rule to avoid clashing with major corporations or modders getting paid for things they derived from intellectual property they don't own?  There are avenues for modders to get paid.  LL isn't one of them.

Regardless, the rule stands until Ashal decides otherwise.  If the rule isn't being enforced (or enforced equally) then that's a problem.  LL is primarily a Bethesda fan site.  If modders are placing Bethesda-based content behind paywalls (real or implied) then that's a LEGAL issue and one that Zenimax lawyers love to enforce with threats and DMAC takedown notices.

Let's demonstrate a little common sense here.  Whats more important?  Following one simple rule to avoid clashing with major corporations or modders getting paid for things they derived from intellectual property they don't own?  There are avenues for modders to get paid.  LL isn't one of them.

The real or implied paywall would exist with or without LL. IF (and that is a big if) lawyers are looking to go after someone over this, they would send the DMCA to Patreon. Not LL.

I am not going to hold anything back, new version should be available at least once a month if not more often.

hey Turbodriver

can this mod work on 1.10.57.1020? if any possible to work, please help. how to do? Should I send my lastexception.txt file?

I already download this and copy to mods folder, but when in-game it crash. not error mention, just some bugs on all menu interaction. can't move

You have to have a least version 1.20 to run it. You have to get a newer version *wink*.

So I see a conversation about paid mods practices started here. Great.. Well I guess I will tell you what is my plan and how I see it.

Creation of Patreon was something that would be done regardless of anything, because why wouldn't it be? I would love to make this mod as my job (for as long as it can last), programming is something that I am doing for years and if I can create something on my own terms then this is the best thing ever.

Because of fairly big interest it was noticed and picked up by quite a bit amount of people. I am so glad you all are here, it's amazing to see how many people want to help. And obviously that lead to supporters on Patreon.

Because it matters to me I've switched to offering something to my supporters instead of sitting quiet in the back, coding and keeping people in unknown of when and what is going to be done. This is not my primary idea of running Patreon, but it is close to it.

Eventually, when I am ready and prepared I will start offering extra features for supporters. This will create a separate version, only for Patreon. The normal released will still go forward and be public for everybody for free. This will never take away from the actual product and offer Patreon something extra. Extra features.

New versions are still going to be delayed for free members, but the idea is not to take them away. The reason of me releasing something early on Patreon is just to offer something special and because it's easier to work with smaller group of players, improve it and make sure that free release is free of issues. If I am going to release new version to everybody, I am exposed to a lot of people feedback, repetitive feedback. It's the best practice for me to avoid releasing buggy version to a bigger audience.

I am not trying to cover up that this is just early access for Patreons, because it clearly is, but I am talking about benefits of doing so.

In the ideal situation, I will be releasing at least one new free version a month and offer extra content to Patreon.

What is the extra content? It's anything that is considered a feature that normal, free version, can be release without.

Yes, I still want to keep the aspect of sooner releases, but because of the benefit it gives me as a developer. I am doing my best to produce a product and these are the things that I see helpful to do it efficiently.

I understand the possible pressure of Patreon supporters, I don't want to give up to that, that is why there is no option to "force" on me a suggested feature. I prefer to listen to people for features and put them in a list of things that will be done.

I understand the urge of wanting more Patreon supporters, that is why I want to offer extra content. I am not ready for it yet, especially before the core features aren't stable, but that is an element of reward for supporters and I consider it as not taking away anything from free members, just giving extra to supporters.

If anything gives you the impression that I just want to give Patreon supporters early access, you're right. That is the only thing that I can offer for now. As soon as I can improve that situation, I will do it.

Patreon is a beast. Kind of sexy looking one, but still scary.

Hey Turbo, I think people are a little worried because Kinky World albeit a great mod is sort of the poster child for Patreon gone wrong and having your mod on LL. I really don't want this argument to flare up again and we have discussed this in another thread and even Ashal chimed in that the way it has been handled is reaching a point where the higher ups here may have to step in as Kinky World hasn't had a public release since Xmas Eve but I think one is coming but I don't follow KW anymore so I really don't know. If you want to check it out.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/62215-just-a-suggestion-for-authors-using-patreon/?p=1565650

I think your idea is fair but because of the way KW has been a few people have trepidation. I paid for it but I don't agree with the mindset of since you're not paying you get what you get when you get it or learn to mod yourself. That's not fair at all and this isn't sour grapes from someone who hasn't paid into the mod, I have paid when I was playing TS3. Don't sweat it too much but that's where some of the anxiety from Sims players on here comes from...;)