How dark is the screen supposed to get with a blindfold in DD?

Hey all-

I already posted this in the DD thread, but just putting it out here too, in case no one sees my question there.

And much apologies if this is somewhere posted, honest, I've looked and searched, and can't find the answer.

Just wondering, as the topic says, how dark is the screen SUPPOSED to get, if you have a  blindfold equipped in devious devices, and have the sliders set all the way to full strength?

For me, its blurry, but not much more than the skooma effect.   I can still pretty much see everything, its just blurry.  It only gets dark when you get beyond the walls of a normal room, so it really has no real effect while inside.

I haven't posted logs and stuff yet, simply because before troubleshooting, I just am trying to figure out if there is any trouble to shoot.   I just need to know if it is SUPPOSED to get fully dark, up close, before trying to figure out what may be the cause.     

Seems like used to, I ran this, and I could make the screen totally black if I wanted.

thanks!

I tend to run leeches mode, so clear in third person (or is it blurry in the distance, can't remember) and pitch black in first person. At least it always has been, not had my PC blindfolded much since I changed from real vision to unbleak. Not sure how it looks now.

@spoons666   thats EXACTLY  what mine looks like!    Does not matter if I run Leeches, DD, or Dark Fog, I can't get it any darker than that.

Like Sorinade has, I want the screen to be pitch black when I shift to first person mode.  I used to be able to do that a long time ago.

I don't know why, but darkness works fine to me (strange, usually I have many strange-looking bugs)

On [DD Blindfold] mode and max strenght I have almost black screen on first person.

On [Leeches] mode - strong blur.

I have 2.9.2 version, because newer are causing DD-addons spamming with error messages.

DD Blindfold mode 1st person

dxVAxs-lVMs.jpg

Leeches mode

7y3nOfNL8W4.jpgRkQyfuTxVHw.jpg

Its supposed to be black.

However with an ENB, or shader set installed...

Most of the mods that make a change to shaders don't behave properly and DDI is no exception.

Therefore the Blind fold will not and cannot work properly due to other modification that an end user has installed.

This message is brought to you by a team member of the Devious Device Team.

Thank you Gameplayer!  That is what I was wondering.       And thank you Xenoramos for posting that black level pic, to show me  what it could look like.

I was trying to make sure that it could do that, before wasting lots of energy figuring it out, if it could not.

Now to go find the culprit.

again, thank you all!

Archived