CTD in the middle of a fight

zoidnoid11

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help out on a weird issue. I've been getting pretty frequent CTD's, but it doesn't appear to be the usual slot conflict or incorrectly installed costumes. All costumes; original, official DLC, and modded, have been tested and load and play fine. But sometime after the first match, whether playing arcade, survival, or team fight, a sudden CTD will occur, no warning, no error message. It could crash on the 2nd, 5th, or 17th match. Also doesn't seem to matter which character or whether it's an official or mod costume that's currently onscreen.

As far as I know, DOA5 doesn't keep any error logging system. And I've tried to look up the Windows Event Viewer, but there's nothing specific or helpful there either. Just recorded as an 'Application error'.

Background: I'm using DOA5, lnk_reshuffle, and Autolink versions from just before the Attack on Titans DLC, but did temporarily try updating to the latest version of the game.exe and both lrs/autolink .dll's, but still got random unexplained crashes.

Also, in general, I'm sure many of us have loaded up DOA5 with mods, but I'm assuming crashes while playing is not a common problem for other people, right?

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help out on a weird issue. I've been getting pretty frequent CTD's, but it doesn't appear to be the usual slot conflict or incorrectly installed costumes. All costumes; original, official DLC, and modded, have been tested and load and play fine. But sometime after the first match, whether playing arcade, survival, or team fight, a sudden CTD will occur, no warning, no error message. It could crash on the 2nd, 5th, or 17th match. Also doesn't seem to matter which character or whether it's an official or mod costume that's currently onscreen.

As far as I know, DOA5 doesn't keep any error logging system. And I've tried to look up the Windows Event Viewer, but there's nothing specific or helpful there either. Just recorded as an 'Application error'.

Background: I'm using DOA5, lnk_reshuffle, and Autolink versions from just before the Attack on Titans DLC, but did temporarily try updating to the latest version of the game.exe and both lrs/autolink .dll's, but still got random unexplained crashes.

Also, in general, I'm sure many of us have loaded up DOA5 with mods, but I'm assuming crashes while playing is not a common problem for other people, right?

Thanks for any assistance.

I don't have CTD but during fights sometimes the game freezes  for a few sec. I already consumed all assets in lrs :P . I'm not using autolink but have it installed for some of its features (except the mods).

Much thanks for the quick response guys. The main takeaway seems to be unexplained CTD's are not normal, even if you have tons of mods. :lol:

A couple more details:

1. It's not happening at the start of a match, which would indicate a problem with a particular costume trying to load, but could happen at the start, during, or after a fight.

2. The past few crashes have occurred right as my character strikes the opponent (but this is after multiple hits have already been traded).

Going to try removing autolink, if that doesn't do it, I probably should just start over with a clean install. :-/

SW=software

Any strange SW or command line showing up on them

Although, re-reading your OP, also check if you have all these files inside your games's root folder:

patch_02_catalog.bin
patch_02_catalog.lnk
patch_04_catalog.bin
patch_04_catalog.lnk
patch_05_catalog.bin
patch_05_catalog.lnk
patch_06_catalog.bin
patch_06_catalog.lnk
patch_07_catalog.bin
patch_07_catalog.lnk
patch_10_catalog.bin
patch_10_catalog.lnk
patch_11_catalog.bin
patch_11_catalog.lnk
patch_12_catalog.bin
patch_12_catalog.lnk
patch_13_catalog.bin
patch_13_catalog.lnk
patch_19_catalog.bin
patch_19_catalog.lnk
patch_20_catalog.bin
patch_20_catalog.lnk
patch_21_catalog.bin
patch_21_catalog.lnk
patch_23_catalog.bin
patch_23_catalog.lnk

Confirmed, I have all the patches. And if there are strange things coming up in task manager, I probably wouldn't notice anyways since I don't remember what was all running and what wasn't when everything was normal. Also, no problems with any other game/software.

This pretty much all started with the AoT DLC, I've tried getting rid of it, reinstalling it many times, got rid of autolink and lrs, reinstall those... Man, if only I'd not bothered downloading that crummy copy-paste DLC at all.

Further messing around is only resulting in the CTD happening earlier: now it's crashing within first 20 seconds of the 2nd match starting, regardless of game mode. Going to go for a fresh install and keep everything more organized next time.

Thanks for everyone's help.

SW=software

Any strange SW or command line showing up on them

Although, re-reading your OP, also check if you have all these files inside your games's root folder:

patch_02_catalog.bin

patch_02_catalog.lnk

patch_04_catalog.bin

patch_04_catalog.lnk

patch_05_catalog.bin

patch_05_catalog.lnk

patch_06_catalog.bin

patch_06_catalog.lnk

patch_07_catalog.bin

patch_07_catalog.lnk

patch_10_catalog.bin

patch_10_catalog.lnk

patch_11_catalog.bin

patch_11_catalog.lnk

patch_12_catalog.bin

patch_12_catalog.lnk

patch_13_catalog.bin

patch_13_catalog.lnk

patch_19_catalog.bin

patch_19_catalog.lnk

patch_20_catalog.bin

patch_20_catalog.lnk

patch_21_catalog.bin

patch_21_catalog.lnk

patch_23_catalog.bin

patch_23_catalog.lnk

I suspect that the AoT patch really needs the "stage" DL.

Archived