Requiem | PerMA — Plugin limit

☀ Dust

I know these vs threads come and go and in the end it's always about preference, but bear with me; I have a(n almost) specific question.

I'd like someone who has used Requiem and PerMa to tell me which is more likely to give me a smaller final number of plugins used, patches and everything included, since I always struggle with the mod limit.

I know it depends on several factors, but I just need a general idea of which was the most patch-hungry for you (even if you only tried one).

And thanks. \o/

Long time SkyRe/PerMa user here, and I can't say much about Requiem other than having tried it only once. However, I can say that PerMa comes with built-in compatibility for many (mostly Nexus) mods, you probably do not need that many additional plugins unless you're running mods that are explicitly listed on the PCaPP Nexus page. In my current load order I have extra PerMa patches for CollegeDays, Wyrmstooth, Hunterborn, USLEEP, Simply Knock, BetterQuestObjectives. Plus two PerMa modifier plugins and the five core modules/esp's. Some of them might be mergeable, but I've never tried that. All my other mods are covered by the SkyProc Patch or don't need any adjustments.

Also worth noting may be that I have yet to find a Sexlab mod that doesn't work "out of the box" with PerMa, though I haven't tried the magicky stuff yet (Shout like a Virgin or Angrim's Apprentice come to mind). But Cursed Loot, Prison Overhaul, SD+, Trapped in Rubber, Mia's Lair, and whatever else I tried all seemed to work okay (well, who knows what happens under the hood, but even in lvl 20+ games I haven't noticed any issues so far). I have however added most of the SL mods to the SkyProc patcher's blocklist, just to make sure that nothing breaks.

Thanks, guys. From what you say and what I've read, seems like Requiem is more .esp-consuming on the long run by itself, but since it covers much more aspects of the game than PerMa, I wounder if PerMa would end up needing more mods if I wanted to cover these areas as well...

Dammit. I know I could just try both, but that would take me days. I'll go with Requiem for now.

Thank you again.

• 2 weeks later...

I know these vs threads come and go and in the end it's always about preference, but bear with me; I have a(n almost) specific question.

I'd like someone who has used Requiem and PerMa to tell me which is more likely to give me a smaller final number of plugins used, patches and everything included, since I always struggle with the mod limit.

I know it depends on several factors, but I just need a general idea of which was the most patch-hungry for you (even if you only tried one).

And thanks. \o/

Archived