3dsmax Issues

I'm trying to put a hair into Skyrim with 3dsmax. However, I'm using 3dsmax 2017 and I don't think there are any nif importer-exporter plugins that work with this version so I was wondering if someone knew how to make 3dsmax use an older version. I started with 3dsmax 2017 and never had any of the previous versions. :c

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to put a hair into Skyrim with 3dsmax. However, I'm using 3dsmax 2017 and I don't think there are any nif importer-exporter plugins that work with this version so I was wondering if someone knew how to make 3dsmax use an older version. I started with 3dsmax 2017 and never had any of the previous versions. :c

You should be able to grab the student version of 3ds Max 2016 from Autodesk's site. I believe Figment's nif import/export works fine with that version. Since I primarily create animations, I'm stuck in the dark ages with Max 2012...and can't advise on interface differences between Max 2016 and 2017. 

Archived