New to Skyrim Modding and having lots of trouble!

Hello guys,

Sincere apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it after a search.

I'm new to adding Skyrim nods and am trying to understand it. I have the Mod manager up and running, and the Sims hair and pretty face stuff is all working fine so something has gone right. I've tried to add the SexLab mod and the aggressive prostitution mod, but something isn't right. THe dialogue options are there and the character can earn money, but there are no animations and underwear is remaining on. In addition, the game crashes - a lot. Every time I go near a city it crashes. I've added FNIS and that doesn't seem to have done anything. I think I've added every mod which is listed as a pre-requirement for the mods I have tried to install.

Can anybody help? Thanks very much if you can!

Hello guys,

Sincere apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it after a search.

I'm new to adding Skyrim nods and am trying to understand it. I have the Mod manager up and running, and the Sims hair and pretty face stuff is all working fine so something has gone right. I've tried to add the SexLab mod and the aggressive prostitution mod, but something isn't right. THe dialogue options are there and the character can earn money, but there are no animations and underwear is remaining on. In addition, the game crashes - a lot. Every time I go near a city it crashes. I've added FNIS and that doesn't seem to have done anything. I think I've added every mod which is listed as a pre-requirement for the mods I have tried to install.

Can anybody help? Thanks very much if you can!

A detailled installation is given here :

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16623-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v162-updated-jun-3rd-2016/

Thanks very much, I've done most of it but am lost on a couple of points - first off, how do I 

Activate the SexLab.esm file in your list of active mods.

As an aside, is there anywhere I can read up on what an esm and esp and the like are and what I need to know about them?

You're starting from zero and you have pretty much no idea what you're doing, right? Don't worry, we all have been there. Learning to mod Skyrim is going to take a really long time, but it is about 10 times as long if you have no idea what you're doing.

My recommendation would be to uninstall everything and start over again. This is to be sure that everything you did wrong will be removed and you can start with a working Skyrim again. After you reinstalled Skyrim and started it once (so that it can generate the graphics), you should watch (or watch it before and reinstall everything after it again) this guide by Gopher. It is aimed at complete beginners who don't know anything. Gopher is a modder with skill and knowledge and will tell you everything you need to know in his videos.

Ok, I've watched a lot of this guy's early tutorial stuff and it's all based around Nexus Mod Manager. The problem is that NMM seems to be an absolute minefield of bugs and incompatibility issues. After 30 minutes of shifting files and playing around it has finally recognised Skyrim. However, even with me logged on to Nexus and logged on to NMM, it simply will not download a single file. Nothing appears in the download queue. 

Does anybody have any ideas? Or should I go back to Mod Organiser 3_1 which is what I started with?

Probably because the ModOrganize have an option to 'Stole' (I don't remember the exact word) the request of download from the Nexus, so actually when you're downloading frpom Nexus, you download on Mod organizer, not in NMM.

Disable the option in the MO settings.

Probably because the ModOrganize have an option to 'Stole' (I don't remember the exact word) the request of download from the Nexus, so actually when you're downloading frpom Nexus, you download on Mod organizer, not in NMM.

Disable the option in the MO settings.

The problem with downloading is on NMM, not MO. My two options are:

- Use NMM as I've got the links to the tutorials, but it literally will not download a single thing so I need help

- Go back to MO, but it's very complicated and I can't get it to mod Skyrim without causing crashes or animations not working at all. 

Still stuck here, I'm afraid - I'm willing to learn and put the hours in but MO is too difficult for me to understand and NMM doesn't work at all despite me following the tutorial.

Any ideas?

- Use NMM as I've got the links to the tutorials, but it literally will not download a single thing so I need help

- Go back to MO, but it's very complicated and I can't get it to mod Skyrim without causing crashes or animations not working at all. 

Still stuck here, I'm afraid - I'm willing to learn and put the hours in but MO is too difficult for me to understand and NMM doesn't work at all despite me following the tutorial.

Any ideas?

You misunderstood me, check: Mod Organizer -> Setting -> Nexus -> "associate with 'Download with manager' links"

If the Links are already associated on MO (probably, because you're using MO first) they will be downloaded by MO and not with NMM, That's why, if you click the NMM, doesn't download anything...

Anyway, here another guide: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47360-anatriaxs-guide-to-an-immersive-skyrim/

Ah... I've deleted MO. Another thread here said that it didn't require an uninstall, just deleting. I guess I'll try to reinstall it and check that setting?

EDIT - I've tried that and MO is definitely disconnected. I've checked the Download settings on NMM. Nothing is working still, I'm afraid. 

Ah... I've deleted MO. Another thread here said that it didn't require an uninstall, just deleting. I guess I'll try to reinstall it and check that setting?

Honestly I don't know, never had such problem, I've only noticed that this could be the source of your download problem.

At your place I'll uninstall NMM and try to reinstall it, so it will reset all basic settings.

I'm from the Mod Organizer Church, I transcend these problems ;)

Anyway the guide that I've posted is based on Mod Organizer, so eventually you're in time to redeem your soul...

Any ideas?

You misunderstood me, check: Mod Organizer -> Setting -> Nexus -> "associate with 'Download with manager' links"

If the Links are already associated on MO (probably, because you're using MO first) they will be downloaded by MO and not with NMM, That's why, if you click the NMM, doesn't download anything...

Anyway, here another guide: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47360-anatriaxs-guide-to-an-immersive-skyrim/

We're getting there...

I've gone with this link you sent and wiped everything to start again. I'm now having trouble with FNIS - I've used MO to install the mod, but can't get FNIS generator to link up as an executable file. I've tried adding it both using the tutorial method and the different method in this youtube video:

In both cases, I can find the exe file but when I click 'add' in MO, it doesn't do anything. Anybody got any ideas?

Archived