[mod] [CK 2] Dark World - Serpent Expansion

zia

3 hours ago, zia said:

I guarantee nothing, but i can take a look. Now just to clairfy its the dragon trait that makes it all buggard up? or is it the dragon_egg artifact as well? (I dont use AGOT, I have no idea myself)

Dragon (trait), dragon_egg (artifact), Dragon_group (culture group), dragongfx.

I didn't delete the dragongfx so I have your dragon portraits with GoT dragons, so that's not a big deal.

I'm reasonably certain that you could just replace them with dwsedragon, dwsedragon_egg, etc... and that would stop any issues, but my modding of ck2 has always been ugly.

13 minutes ago, asdfasdf said:

I didn't delete the dragongfx so I have your dragon portraits with GoT dragons, so that's not a big deal.

I'm reasonably certain that you could just replace them with dwsedragon, dwsedragon_egg, etc... and that would stop any issues, but my modding of ck2 has always been ugly.

Thank you, again I will look into it. If it is simple and it honestly sounds like it should be (Thank you replace all function of wordpad) I should be able to get a fix out. (Kind gonna be busy for a few days though.)  So long as it does not require an overly done re-write I should be able to get a fix up by probably next week end. 

22 hours ago, Bah! said:

Just out of curiosity. Is there any plans to make a half/part-dragon hybrid race?

If and only if you can find me some portraits. (They do not need to be circles or the right size, I can do that on my own)  I can see what I can do. No guarantees, and as I am not really interested in it Im not gonna look for pictures myself.  (But if YOU find them then I can see what I can do) 

On 4/10/2018 at 9:19 PM, zia said:

If and only if you can find me some portraits. (They do not need to be circles or the right size, I can do that on my own)  I can see what I can do. No guarantees, and as I am not really interested in it Im not gonna look for pictures myself.  (But if YOU find them then I can see what I can do) 

I mean I could find a plethora of them, however they would most likely all be anime. Finding non-anime would be a challenge. What do you say?

5 hours ago, Bah! said:

I mean I could find a plethora of them, however they would most likely all be anime. Finding non-anime would be a challenge. What do you say?

Send me what you find, I'll see what I can do!

On 4/5/2018 at 10:08 PM, asdfasdf said:

Well I looked into and... nope. Not at this time. I tried to fix annnnnd everything broke and I mean everything.  So no I do not plan to make a compatibility patch/update/thing for GoT. 

I personally do not use GoT, nor do I plan to. I did once, it does to much overhauling for my tastes. The only thing in I did like was the dragon system (not everything about it, but enough), which is what inspired me to make a dragon system for darkworld. 

Maybe (and I mean maybe) sometime in the future I may make it compatible with GoT, but it will not be any time soon. (However I have learned for this mistake and anything new I add will have the dwse_ or something similar at the beginning to prevent farther mess.)  

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Bah! said:

Attached is a portrait strip I made of the ones I found that looked like they would fit best.

Last 5 are guys, which were harder to find for.

remedy_portrait_swapping12.dds

Are you sure that is the right file? Theo nly reason I am asking is they all look like elves except the last 2 who are orcs. And you mention that the last 5 are guys and more than 5 of those are guys. And it looks like 4/5 of the last portraits are in fact female. 

15 hours ago, zia said:

Are you sure that is the right file? Theo nly reason I am asking is they all look like elves except the last 2 who are orcs. And you mention that the last 5 are guys and more than 5 of those are guys. And it looks like 4/5 of the last portraits are in fact female. 

Well shoot that embarrassing lol. Here's the real one. I've made too many portrait strips :smile:

remedy_portrait_swapping11.dds

10 hours ago, Bah! said:

Well shoot that embarrassing lol. Here's the real one. I've made too many portrait strips :smile:

remedy_portrait_swapping11.dds

These are great and I was already going to try and add them through remedy's mod already (rather than a culture) so them being grouped is fine as well (better even). Now its just getting the coding to work... and ot figure out lore for them (beyond simple dragon/human hybrids) and to figure out if I want them to be able to do anything beyond just the portraits. 

Already have a few ideas its just a matter of implementing them. 

The Ideas if you wish to view or voice you opinion on. 

Spoiler

-Rare chance from being impregnated by a dragon (eggs are far more common)

-A chance for them to be human if they are born from a human and reptilian. (Thinking giving them a health trait that can be cured that will give them the portrait on age up. Requiring the trait and the reptilian trait at age up. A third trait would be added to guarantee it if their parent is a dragon or if both parents are reptilian) 

-The ability to tame dragons (they would be older and stronger than the ones you hatch)

-The ability to regenerate (Not instantly, would take a several years to grow back a limb)

Again these are all Ideas and might not be implemented and I am open to any other ideas. So if you have an idea for it post it and it might get added.  

One other thing I am thinking about doing is renaming the mod. As we progress we are moving away form the slavery aspect so it really isnt slavery expanded any more. Thinking of changing it to Serpent Expansion. Though I am not sure yet. 

*UPDATE* With a little coding magic and smashing my head against the wall once or twice I have managed to modify remedy's Static Portrait Replacer so that DWSE will be using its own custom version so it will not conflict with darkworld's portraits or any other pack from remedy (Unless of course they named everything the exact same)  Meaning I can add a lot more portraits and don't have t worry about overriding anything from Darkworld! 

Any plan of expanding on slavery? More training, more flavor, more fappable content?

Nox is making a slaver society, but the project looks big and it will take a while before we can even get the alpha version.

As for dragons, I have a few ideas.

- Dragonkin! Half-dragon, half-human, they are the pinnacle of prestige! On the battle their innate Way of the Dragon will instill fear to enemy morale, crushing foes down both physically and mentally! On the bed they also crush you down with their endless stamina! On the other hand, just by being a ruler they gain more prestige than mere mortal human, but people who fears you will hate you for obvious reasons.

- Dragonkins who subdue other rulers can also instill "Total Domination" modifier that ensures almost perfect loyalty (high opinion modifiers, reduced morale during war against the dragon/dragonkin overlord), until when the subdued rulers win wars against the dragonkin overlords which has a chance to remove Total Domination.

- Monmusu Quest should have a few available images for you, and also does Monsterpedia (though they are all girls).

- When your wife/lover/concubine is pregnant of a dragonkin child she will lay egg instead of an usual baby. Egg has resistant to illness and other bad trait (like sickly), and also dragon is a divine blood (so incest gives more lunatic but less inbred, very fitting for a dragon).

- Dunno if it is possible to interfere with combat, but something that affects ongoing battles can be fun. AFAIK you can mod combat tactics, so any commander with dragonkin/dragon trait can have "fireball" tactic that deals extra damage during skirmish phase.

- Different races amongst dragons! Black Dragons cause fear, Green Dragons have prestige (and awe), Red Dragons breathe fire, Blue Dragons create water, etc. Dragon interbreeding also can create hybrid that inherit both races' traits, but BEWARE, their conflicting nature will have high chance to render the hybrid incapable!

- Because of how OP a dragon is, you cannot gain the dragon trait from Ruler Designer (console command is available, though), and to get the dragon trait you have to get a female of your dynasty to be pregnant by a dragon, and through inbreeding you "purify" your gained dragon blood in your dynasty! Your mission is to get a pure-blood dragon in your throne, and expand your rule to puny humans! But beware, your fellow kins will not like your influence, and will likely rival you and compete in world domination. Being a dragon will mean they will hate you to the core, unless they are in the same dynasty as yours.

5 minutes ago, Kjojo said:

Any plan of expanding on slavery? More training, more flavor, more fappable content?

Nox is making a slaver society, but the project looks big and it will take a while before we can even get the alpha version.

As for dragons, I have a few ideas.

- Dragonkin! Half-dragon, half-human, they are the pinnacle of prestige! On the battle their innate Way of the Dragon will instill fear to enemy morale, crushing foes down both physically and mentally! On the bed they also crush you down with their endless stamina! On the other hand, just by being a ruler they gain more prestige than mere mortal human, but people who fears you will hate you for obvious reasons.

- Dragonkins who subdue other rulers can also instill "Total Domination" modifier that ensures almost perfect loyalty (high opinion modifiers), until when the subdued rulers win wars against the dragonkins which has a chance to remove Total Domination.

- Monmusu Quest should have a few available images for you, and also does Monsterpedia (though they are all girls).

- When your wife/lover/concubine is pregnant of a dragonkin child she will lay egg instead of an usual baby. Egg has resistant to illness and other bad trait (like sickly), and also dragon is a divine blood (so incest gives more lunatic but less inbred, very fitting for a dragon).

- Dunno if it is possible to interfere with combat, but something that affects ongoing battles can be fun. AFAIK you can mod combat tactics, so any commander with dragonkin/dragon trait can have "fireball" tactic that deals extra damage during skirmish phase.

- Different races amongst dragons! Black Dragons cause fear, Green Dragons have prestige (and awe), Red Dragons breathe fire, Blue Dragons create water, etc. Dragon interbreeding also can create hybrid that inherit both races' traits, but BEWARE, their conflicting nature will have high chance to render the hybrid incapable!

Welp Lets see what we can use here:

More Slavery (change in training)- No. Training is handled by DarkWorld Reborn and its going to remain that way. 

More Slavery Content (Flavor and as you put it Fappable Content)- Maybe, more focused on the dragons and their kin at the moment. There WILL be more 'Fappable content' in regards to them however. 

DragonKin!- Already planned sort of. Might call them dragonkin as of right now I have been calling them reptilian. They will not be getting any sort of prestige bonus at the moment. However I am planing on adding a few traits to them that will give bonuses. Traits in the Spoiler

Spoiler

Current PLANS:

Rattle, They poses the poison and rattle of a rattle snake.

-Decrease in Diplomacy (Rattle reacts to mood and is harder to stop then facial expressions, no poker face for you!)

-Decrease to Intrigue (Can't be stealthy with a bell on the end of your tail)  

-Increase in martial/personal combat skills

-Kiss of Death. Kill with a kiss form you poisonous fangs.

Venom, Venom of Komodo

-Increase to Intrigue, you are a silent killer after all.

-Decrease to Learning, You hunger quite often and tend to be a bit slothful when not feeding. *PENDING*

-Kiss of Death

Claws, Claws of the Monitor

-Increased Martial/personal Combat skill, Why study the sword when you have five on each hand? 

-Minor Decrease to Intrigue and learning. Its hard to hide with such distinctive hands and they make it a bit hard to hold a quill. 

-Increase to Diplomacy. Many are swayed to your cause, after all its quite intimidating to stand before your claws.

Colored Tail, Tail of the Skink * PENDING, may be scrapped and its features added elsewhere.*

- Minor Increase to intrigue, you are the master of escape, none can ever catch you.

-Decrease to martial, you are a bit of a coward, flee first ask questions never. 

- Master of regeneration, Abandon you tail or even and arm and it will quickly return. *Quick is relative, it will take possibly  few years* 

-No Eggs. They would have to be switched from a portrait to a culture ooooor i'd have to meddle with the portraits again. Plus Eggs are for dragons, one of the traits lost due to human parents is the protection of the egg. All Reptilians give live birth just like humans.

-Combat abilities, MMMMAAAAAAYYYYYBBBBEEE. Already kind of OP using the dragons you can already get, this will most likely not be added (as of right now at least) If they are they will mostlikely be limited depending on trait listed in the spoiler. 

-Different Dragon Races: Dragons are a culture... a veil evil thing to create in ck2. Portraits are better so much better. NO MORE CULTURES. The only Dragon that is different form the rest is the Emperor, for he is the mightiest.  But even then he physically looks the same. 

1 hour ago, zia said:

-Combat abilities, MMMMAAAAAAYYYYYBBBBEEE. Already kind of OP using the dragons you can already get, this will most likely not be added (as of right now at least) If they are they will mostlikely be limited depending on trait listed in the spoiler. 

Well, in my mind, normal dragonkins only possess like 10-30% more fighting prowess than normal human, and with their higher health they will less likely succumb to diseases or wounds.

However! They are still dragonkins, hybrid between puny humans and dragons. Other dragons do not consider you to be their kin (even though they still hate you even when you are a pure-blood dragon nonetheless, for competing with their world conquest!). They can still be killed by swords, or assassinated by plots. They still have very short lifespan.

You, as a dragonkin, inherit the ambition of your dragonkind ancestor and admire their pure-blood might. Or, inheriting the ambition of your human grandfather, seeking to integrate the dragon blood into Ikaros Dynasty and rule the Roman Empire as a whole again! You then try to sire your children together so that you can get that purity. However! There is very low chance to actually get the blood purer, and it only when your child grows big enough that his or her dragon traits can appear to be purity or mixed. You can try to breed a lot of children, but then, succession will be a big problem. There are also those kids who become more human-like, and despite your decision to choose only dragonkins and dragons as your next successor, they are plotting against your own dragon heir! Incestuous relationship also takes a hit on your vassal opinions, even though they are just some puny humans! Many obstacles will try to thwart your dragonhood domination, both outside and inside your realm. How will you react?

Now V .11 is available. 

-Fixed Imperial marriage, I done goofed and forgot to rename 1 of the events.
-fixed .mod file, forgot to make it reflect the name change. Sorry about that.

Sorry to anyone who downloaded v.1

New Version .1 Available Now!

V.1
-Added Reptilian Race (via portraits and traits)
- Added ablility to start as a reptilian (pick the trait in the ruler designer! Portraits added by descision afterward) 
-Added Imperial Marriage Boon to the Forest (You will marry a reptilian not a dragon) 
- Fixed a couple of minor codding issues. 
-Created a custom version of ReMeDy's Portrait Replacer to handle the portraits so it does not conflict with dark world and so you odnt have ot overwrite and files. 
-MOD RENAMED to Dark World Serpent Expansion. Slavery aspects are still there... its just with the addition of the Reptilians and the dragons it seem to be a minor aspect now. 
-Rules to control Reptilians in the game. (Dont want them? Turn it off.)
-Special thanks to Bah! for gathering the portraits for me.
-Finally fixed the localization error in the calming dragon events (It was not saving the event target like it was supposed to, switched to global_event_target and its fixed)
-Events that gave dragons eggs now have an equal chance of you giving birth to a reptilian. (If you have a child with a dragon outside of these events it will not be affected, you are not supposed to be able to seduce/sleepwith or have children with them anyway) 
--Due to system limitations you MAY see the child dragon portrait and/or missing traits or be stuck with bastard traits for a day. I tried fixing it Imediately but it never worked, I had to delay it by 1 in game day to update traits/graphic culture of the children born between hmans and dragons. 
- No Race specific artwork or events right now. I am still looking for artwork.

-Reptilians cannot have the traits: werewolf,werewolf_ancient, werekin, kitsune, neko, orc, elf or tentacle. (Or inbred :3) as they are opposite traits, adding one will remove the other. 

More coming soon.  

12 hours ago, Hamakabula said:

So is there a reason to download the slavery expanded file or is that obsolete for DW 1.67?

No, its just the last version before the current version.  I always try and leave at least the last version up, in case I bug up and break everything. And it does still work with Darkworld 1.67, however if you down the Serpent expansion they do the exact same thing. (Except serpent has more features) 

5 hours ago, Probito said:

Is it normal that I can't start a Slave Raid, or that I can't visit the Slavers Guild, even though I built the Slavers Guild and Slave Dungeons? Is there anything else I need to build?

The slavers guild is mostly useless now. (though it is used for SOME decisions).

You now do everything by interacting with The Forest Empire (an offmap power). So the visit slave guild decision was removed (disabled)

To get access to the slave raid you have to buy it from the The Forest. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ImNotOneToJudge said:

It seems I can't keep some slaves which are branded and my religion  but I can sell them, what can I do? I'm using DW Toska (the revived one by @Aliris ) bigger interface and Steve's amazing CB's

Keeping slaves is tied to their training, which is handled by Dark World Reborn and not this mod. You will need to report that to dewguru. Though if I might offer a suggestion: try reinstalling dark world reborn. Bad instillations can cause weird things in any situation. 

17 hours ago, zia said:

Keeping slaves is tied to their training, which is handled by Dark World Reborn and not this mod. You will need to report that to dewguru. Though if I might offer a suggestion: try reinstalling dark world reborn. Bad instillations can cause weird things in any situation. 

Oh I see, alright i will try and reinstall it 

On 5/21/2018 at 6:13 PM, ImNotOneToJudge said:

Oh I see, alright i will try and reinstall it 

I haven't had this issue at least, and I use this mod - unless your problem is that they're disappearing before you can select the choice to keep them. If so, that's because CK2 is purging them, something that will be fixed hopefully in my next release (since they added a method to make specific characters immune to that).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived