[mod] [CK 2] Dark World - Serpent Expansion

zia

6 hours ago, ReallyNice said:

could yo change the names of culture, gfx etc of dragons? like dwse_dragon instead of just dragon. Your current naming system conflicts with a lot of total overhaul mods who also adds dragons to the game.

I may in the future, however I have no set plans at the moment. I tired once... and everything broke. 

I do not use said overhauls so it is not a priority for me, I am sorry for any inconvenience. 

5 hours ago, Costrod said:

Hey I cant seem to marry a reptile royal. I think its locked behind jade dragon right? 

It is not locked behind having jade dragon in the latest version (v_11 for Dark World reborn 1.67).

If you have the latest version then, are you landed? 

Are you married? Is who ever you are trying to web married?

Is who ever you are trying to have marry them able to be wed? 

Do you have the lizards on or married only rule? (Either will work, if it is set to OFF then you cant use the decision.)

Played around a bit with the mod and a few others, however I couldn't find any dragons even after 100 years.

When I look at the elder forest empire I got 5 buy slave options, 1 marriage and 1 slaving contract (which I havn't been able to activate either)
Kinda wondering if somekind of global event need to happen first or something.

So far I have tried running with only reborn and serpent expansion, with the same results and have tried reinstalling them both again.

Edit: Tried disabling everything one by one until I only had reborn and serpent left, dl new copies and rolled back to 1.67 DWR. the feature I do have working are okay though. Really want the dragons though. Can somebody confirm they do work in the latest patch?

You need to sell slves to the Forest Empire to get enough grace(?) to buy slaves etc and for some reason if you have given the Chinese Empire a monetary gift you can do fuck all in the Forest Empire until it expires

18 hours ago, redraven313 said:

Played around a bit with the mod and a few others, however I couldn't find any dragons even after 100 years.

When I look at the elder forest empire I got 5 buy slave options, 1 marriage and 1 slaving contract (which I havn't been able to activate either)
Kinda wondering if somekind of global event need to happen first or something.

So far I have tried running with only reborn and serpent expansion, with the same results and have tried reinstalling them both again.

Edit: Tried disabling everything one by one until I only had reborn and serpent left, dl new copies and rolled back to 1.67 DWR. the feature I do have working are okay though. Really want the dragons though.

I am going out on a limb and saying you are playing a male character.... its still possible to get a dragon egg you just need to steal one from a female ruler who jas gotten one from th empire. (Honestly I completely forgot about this until recently and I will be fixing it in the next version, no ETA unfortunately) 

15 hours ago, Zmey said:

You need to sell slves to the Forest Empire to get enough grace(?) to buy slaves etc and for some reason if you have given the Chinese Empire a monetary gift you can do fuck all in the Forest Empire until it expires

I could have sworn I fixed that, are you running version v_11? 

3 hours ago, zia said:

I am going out on a limb and saying you are playing a male character.... its still possible to get a dragon egg you just need to steal one from a female ruler who jas gotten one from th empire. (Honestly I completely forgot about this until recently and I will be fixing it in the next version, no ETA unfortunately) 

Correct didn't even know there were requirements like gender. So when I am a female ruler, will there be an action or is it just a random event. I dont see any action in the boon menu as a female ruler.

Scratch that, found it in the other menu. But is there an easy way to check for an egg and steal it as a male? like a take artifact command?

9 hours ago, redraven313 said:

Correct didn't even know there were requirements like gender. So when I am a female ruler, will there be an action or is it just a random event. I dont see any action in the boon menu as a female ruler.

Scratch that, found it in the other menu. But is there an easy way to check for an egg and steal it as a male? like a take artifact command?

There is not, however I will be working on that for the next version...  (If you don't mind cheating you can use add_artifact dragon_egg )

2 hours ago, Zmey said:

@Zia

Running the latest version of both DW & SE

I would recommend deleting DWSE and reinstalling it (V_11) as I just downloaded it an check the code I removed all of the china requirements from it. I'll run more testing on my end but I am not seeing anything that should be causing that issue. 

Let me know if i continues after reinstalling it.

2 hours ago, Zmey said:

Reinstalled an still "Has not gifted money to the within the last 15 years" note that it doesnt say "the Chinese Empire" just "the"

Alright so, are you seeing the tooltip in the screenshot below or are you seeing it elseware? 

If it is the one in the screenshot below, it can be safely ignored and should not prevent anything. (I cant figure out how to remove it, it may be had coded or I may have goofed elseware, but it is only visibly there and causes no issues) 

If it is not like the screen shot, would you be able to send a screenshot of it? 

Spoiler

20180616165545_1.thumb.jpg.07d74116a46b137342531954a590bc75.jpg

3 hours ago, zia said:

Alright so, are you seeing the tooltip in the screenshot below or are you seeing it elseware? 

If it is the one in the screenshot below, it can be safely ignored and should not prevent anything. (I cant figure out how to remove it, it may be had coded or I may have goofed elseware, but it is only visibly there and causes no issues) 

If it is not like the screen shot, would you be able to send a screenshot of it? 

Hide contents

20180616165545_1.thumb.jpg.07d74116a46b137342531954a590bc75.jpg

ck2_1.png

5 hours ago, Zmey said:

ck2_1.png

Annnnnnd now I feel like an idiot. Found the issue, turns out I had already fixed it in my current test version and I was blind when looking at the files for v_11.

It will be fixed in the next version. ....Also new version may be out soon. I changed a bunch of crap that I need to get it out.. so I stop trying to fix bugs that are already fixed :I

So I bought a slave contract for 1000 favour points, but don't see any way to capitalize on it. Perhaps it's not working yet?

Another thing I noticed is that I chose to torn off far east (neko) content and the exotic slave I bought from the empire was a neko. Not sure if an exotic slave is always neko, but if not it'd be nice to adhere to player choices.

1 hour ago, Greenhoof said:

actualy i'm also wondering how the slaver cb works i bought one then started a war but no option to start a slaver war was present

I broke it, it has been fixed though.

I am veeeeerrrrryyyy sorry for how broken the last version was. STUFF HAS BEEN FIXED, and new content :3

V.12 was just uploaded, have fun all.

V.12
-NEW Decisions and changes:
    -NEW Send Ambassador, allows you to send one of your daughters to the Forest for a year. Currently two outcomes. (You get an egg, or you lose your daughter)

-NEW Sell Prisoner: WARNING, it is much, much more profitable to train them. (I have had slaves sell for 600-800 selling them as slaves, selling a prisoner should NEVER get you more than 150 Favor.)
    -Calm Dragon: Courtiers or Vassals must have Weyrleader title to participate. 

-NEW BUILDINGS (all in FORTS, not castles)
    -Dragon Roost: Gives taxes, makes slaves and prisoners sell for more. Required for Imperial Marriage and Slaving contract.
    -Dragon Weyr: A home for your dragons, allows you to appoint Weyrleader title (used in Calming your dragon events)
    -Guard Barracks: Gives you a larger garrison for the fort, to prevent it from being destoyed as often. 
    - Reptilian Nest, gives 5 sex appeal, will be used later for events, nothing yet though.

-GOVENER CHANGES
    -Govener of the FOrest is now a Dragon
    -Govener is also a Mercenary you can hire now. 
- BUG FIXES
    - a few localization things
    -fixed a few requirements that were still tied to China. 
    -Fixed Slave Raid (Yes it broke again, good news it was my fault this time.)
-OTHER CRAP I HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT

In light of Dewguru's latest update adding stuff for Vampires, Reptilians can also be vampires. Have fun. 

Now with the release out of the way, when playing you may notice that the event text is... well horrendous for lack of a better word. 

That is due to me being unable to write! Soooo any of you writers out there, if you have any suggestions or if you want to write some events it would be VERY VERY appreciated! 

On 6/17/2018 at 11:33 PM, zia said:

V.12 was just uploaded, have fun all.

-NEW BUILDINGS (all in FORTS, not castles)
    -Dragon Roost: Gives taxes, makes slaves and prisoners sell for more. Required for Imperial Marriage and Slaving contract.
    -Dragon Weyr: A home for your dragons, allows you to appoint Weyrleader title (used in Calming your dragon events)
    -Guard Barracks: Gives you a larger garrison for the fort, to prevent it from being destoyed as often. 
    - Reptilian Nest, gives 5 sex appeal, will be used later for events, nothing yet though.

Nice. this mod really means a lot to me and I havn't played a game without it and DWR for at least two weeks now.

It has taken some time for me to explore, but if slave raids are fixed I think I have every aspect of the mod working now 

A question though.

-Have you found a way to allow the fort buildings to survive a siege? It could be a bit annoying for people to lose coastal forts during raiding.

19 minutes ago, redraven313 said:

Nice. this mod really means a lot to me and I havn't played a game without it and DWR for at least two weeks now.

It has taken some time for me to explore, but if slave raids are fixed I think I have every aspect of the mod working now 

A question though.

-Have you found a way to allow the fort buildings to survive a siege? It could be a bit annoying for people to lose coastal forts during raiding.

I have not, which is why two of the buildings raise the garrison level. It won't help in most wars, but most raiding parties will be too small to siege it down. This is also why it is not required for most decisions and just adds bonuses.

9 hours ago, ngppgn said:

You could make it so that on_building_started a flag is placed in the province and then for the on action on creating fort, if there is such flag in the province, the building is added back to the fort.

I could, except I don't want to. I want to try and make these building something you want, while simultaneously leaving the threat of losing them. 

I personally like the challenge.

Archived