[mod] [CK 2] Dark World - Serpent Expansion

zia

Playing with Dark World: Reborn as a Succubus.  Taking part in the Dragon Festival and giving birth to an egg seems to break the Succubus "Kiss of Seduction" ability.  I would suspect that this is because of the attraction modifier that you get when you take part in the Festival?

Playing as a Merchant Republic: Unable to Enslave Prisoners. Unable to trade with the Elder Forest, even with branded slaves that are acquired through other means such as the traveling merchants.

4 hours ago, kalador said:

Playing with Dark World: Reborn as a Succubus.  Taking part in the Dragon Festival and giving birth to an egg seems to break the Succubus "Kiss of Seduction" ability.  I would suspect that this is because of the attraction modifier that you get when you take part in the Festival?

Playing as a Merchant Republic: Unable to Enslave Prisoners. Unable to trade with the Elder Forest, even with branded slaves that are acquired through other means such as the traveling merchants.

For the kiss of seduction: I have not noticed that but it may be related to having the - attraction.. but that should be removed once the egg is laid. I will have to run some tests to see if I can replicate that. (If you are talking about when you are heavy with draogn egg then its intentional. You are INCAPABLE while with dragon egg. )

For merchant Republics: I was able to interact with the empire as DOGE and as just a Patrician.  For being unable to enslave its an Issue with DARK WORLD: REBORN. The enslaving Mechanics are not handled here but in darkworld reborn itself. 

I was able to sell Branded Slaves without issue as a patrician and as Doge. From what you said: "branded slaves that are acquired through other means such as the traveling merchants." Leads me to believe you may have a second mod adding slavery that uses a different trait (named differently in trait file but may have same localization) which is why you were unable to sell them. How do I know this? In my experience the travelling merchants in Darkworld do not give you slaves they give you: A dwarf Lover, a trap lover, a futa lover and then a misc. Futa with at least 1 high stat.

What other mods are you using? 

For the Succubus problem, it continued after the egg has been laid. It seemed as if the Incapable while being pregnant with the egg was never removed, or reset the Succubus abilities?

As for other mods, Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions and the Toska sub-mod for Dark World: Reborn.  That leads me to think that it might be an issue with the Toska mod.  One other thing that I might mention is that I created a Merchant Republic other than Venice.  I was Prince-Mayor, not Doge. I was playing in European/African coastal areas starting from a tribal culture.

Thank you for the reply

10 hours ago, zia said:

Yes the offmap empire is the dragons. And there should be boons, The boons are slaves you can buy and the contract need to declare slave raids.

Hmm... I can't see any boons. Is that a conflict with some mod? I've only got DW:Reborn, Toska's expansion, Turtle's Extra Traits, and this.

NEW UPDATE V.091.

ALL new features and anything that gets removed (until its re-purposed normally) will be listed in the CHANGELOG. PLEASE READ THE CHANGE LOG, if you don't like a new feature: DON'T UPDATE. If you feel something should have its own Game rule: ASK. I made this mod for me but thanks to noxbestia I can see that game rules are not that difficult at all. I can easily add new ones for other features but most of the time I don't feel they are warranted (As I would have them on in my games anyway -_- ), and I don't think that its something others will have a problem with. But if you DO have a problem with it ASK, nothing wrong with asking. The worst you will hear if you ASK is a NO. 

Change log Below:

• V.091

DUE TO COA FIX AND NEW GAMERULE THIS MAY OR MAY NOT WORK WITH A SAVED GAME. It SHOULD (And did for me) But CK2 will do it's own thing and I have seen similar things break saved games in the past. Use on saved games at your own risk.

•  

-Dragon Rules: You can now pick whether you want dragons to spread outside of the Elder Forest Empire THANK YOU NOXBESTIA FOR WRITING THIS.

• -Crown Expansion Law: Stop the boarder gore! Prevent vassals from declaring wars. (Only a VERY VERY small chance for paranoid AI to use this law, its mostly just yours to use. If you think its Overpowered then DONT USE IT)
    -Dragon Hatching now takes 6 months. (Meaning it takes at least 1 year to get a dragon. 6 months to lay the egg, 6 months to hatch)
    -To use dragons in War or to have them Kidnap people you have to calm them first.
    -Dragon calming event only gives a 10% chance of getting an egg. Dragon Festival is still the fastest way to get one.
    -Dragon Festival now has a 5 year cooldown. 
    -Fixes COA. Flags should now work.
    -A few other bug fixes that I am forgetting. Localization for dragon events still not pulling the dragon's name.

6 minutes ago, Arbiter1742 said:

Hmm... I can't see any boons. Is that a conflict with some mod? I've only got DW:Reborn, Toska's expansion, Turtle's Extra Traits, and this.

I dont use Toska's or Turtle's Mod. So it may be one of them. Toska's Hasnt been updated in awhile and it is quite buggy form what I can tell form reading posts in the topic. And I haven't seen anything from turtle in awhile Either. 

My recommendation would be to:

1. Try the new version I uploaded.

2. Try removing Turtle's and Toska's Mods (1 at a time to see which one it is), If you can point out which one is causing it I can look into seeing if I can make a patch for it (ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE, but I can at least look into it.) 

3. Try removing all mods except Drakworld Reborn and this one and see if you have the issue. If you do its my fault and something went pear shaped. Validator tells me nothing but good things but it can be a piece of junk for somethings. (not often but sometimes it is absolutely no help) 

2 hours ago, kalador said:

For the Succubus problem, it continued after the egg has been laid. It seemed as if the Incapable while being pregnant with the egg was never removed, or reset the Succubus abilities?

As for other mods, Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions and the Toska sub-mod for Dark World: Reborn.  That leads me to think that it might be an issue with the Toska mod.  One other thing that I might mention is that I created a Merchant Republic other than Venice.  I was Prince-Mayor, not Doge. I was playing in European/African coastal areas starting from a tribal culture.

Thank you for the reply

Try removing Mods besides this and Darkworld Reborn. I have not been able to replicate this yet so it may be an incompatibility. However I do want to let you know Prince-Mayor is no different than Doge they are just king tier. (But I did try it with them and had no issues)  

And you may be right about Toska's Being the cause, it has not beein updated since November and just looking at the latest post are showing it may have quite a few bugs right now. (Probably just needs updated to current Darkworld Reborn Version) 

16 minutes ago, zia said:

I dont use Toska's or Turtle's Mod. So it may be one of them. Toska's Hasnt been updated in awhile and it is quite buggy form what I can tell form reading posts in the topic. And I haven't seen anything from turtle in awhile Either. 

My recommendation would be to:

1. Try the new version I uploaded.

2. Try removing Turtle's and Toska's Mods (1 at a time to see which one it is), If you can point out which one is causing it I can look into seeing if I can make a patch for it (ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE, but I can at least look into it.) 

3. Try removing all mods except Drakworld Reborn and this one and see if you have the issue. If you do its my fault and something went pear shaped. Validator tells me nothing but good things but it can be a piece of junk for somethings. (not often but sometimes it is absolutely no help) 

I have got the latest version. Deactivated the other two mods and started a new game. Still no difference.

20180210132716_1.jpg

25 minutes ago, Arbiter1742 said:

I have got the latest version. Deactivated the other two mods and started a new game. Still no difference.

20180210132716_1.jpg

Well 2 questions then:

1. (really sorry about this but I have to ask) You are hitting the BOONS button (hand with green arrow) Not the one holding the sword correct?

2. Do you have ANYTHING else running beyond darkworld reborn and this mod.

3. What county are you playing? (This should not cause any problems but its best to check anyway)

4. Did you change any of the Jade Dragon's rules? 

5. Is China affected? (easy way to test: Start a new game in Tibet and see if you have the same issue) IF china is affected then you may want to VERIFY FILES or just reinstall CK2 all together.

6. Do you own Jade Dragon?

7. Do you meet the following requirements:

has_dlc = "Jade Dragon"
            has_dlc = Reapers
            mercenary = no
            holy_order = no
            is_landed = yes
(I am going to remove the reapers requirement, but I'm going to leave the Jade dragon Requirement. ) 

21 minutes ago, zia said:

Well 2 questions then:

1. (really sorry about this but I have to ask) You are hitting the BOONS button (hand with green arrow) Not the one holding the sword correct?

2. Do you have ANYTHING else running beyond darkworld reborn and this mod.

3. What county are you playing? (This should not cause any problems but its best to check anyway)

4. Did you change any of the Jade Dragon's rules? 

5. Is China affected? (easy way to test: Start a new game in Tibet and see if you have the same issue) IF china is affected then you may want to VERIFY FILES or just reinstall CK2 all together.

6. Do you own Jade Dragon?

7. Do you meet the following requirements:

has_dlc = "Jade Dragon"
            has_dlc = Reapers
            mercenary = no
            holy_order = no
            is_landed = yes
(I am going to remove the reapers requirement, but I'm going to leave the Jade dragon Requirement. ) 

As away. I'd like to get this solved, too. :smile:

Anyway,

1: Yes, I'm clicking on the green arrow button

2: No. I've deactivated the only two other mods I use (the Dark World expansion and Turtle's mod)

3: I've tried it as England, Sweden, and the HRE in that picture. All are the same results.

4: No. That HRE game I started without changing any rules at all.

5: The various boon options for China showed up in the China tab on my Sweden playthrough yesterday, but not for the dragons.

6: Yes, I have the DLC.

7: I don't have Reaper's Due. That might be causing the problem, because I meet all the others.

8 minutes ago, Arbiter1742 said:

As away. I'd like to get this solved, too. :smile:

Anyway,

1: Yes, I'm clicking on the green arrow button

2: No. I've deactivated the only two other mods I use (the Dark World expansion and Turtle's mod)

3: I've tried it as England, Sweden, and the HRE in that picture. All are the same results.

4: No. That HRE game I started without changing any rules at all.

5: The various boon options for China showed up in the China tab on my Sweden playthrough yesterday, but not for the dragons.

6: Yes, I have the DLC.

7: I don't have Reaper's Due. That might be causing the problem, because I meet all the others.

Yeeeep its the reapers due. My fault. When I originally created teh decision it was a copy of the doctor boon form China... which you dont get without reapers due. Im gonna upload a fix now try DarkWorld Slavery Expanded V.092.

NEW VERSION V.092 Avalible NOW

-Removes reapers due requirement from boons. I forgot to remove it earlier and for that I am sorry.

7 minutes ago, zia said:

Yeeeep its the reapers due. My fault. When I originally created teh decision it was a copy of the doctor boon form China... which you dont get without reapers due. Im gonna upload a fix now try DarkWorld Slavery Expanded V.092.

NEW VERSION V.092 Avalible NOW

-Removes reapers due requirement from boons. I forgot to remove it earlier and for that I am sorry.

Thanks. It works now.

I like the changelogs, should fix one of the issues I just noticed. Somehow one of my sons had 16 dragon kids in the span of about 13 months. Apparently he was really horny lol. The son is landed and the youngest of those kids is 9, and the oldest is 10. I only just noticed it happened, but I checked the Dynastry tree and he is the only one of 50+ of my kids this happened to. Playing as a Han in Tibet.

So then I went to the offmap screen to check it out and found I have 11630 favor with the Elder Forest Empire despite not having done business with them this playthrough. Getting 10 pts of favor a month because of the same dynasty bonus thanks to installing my oldest son as emperor of China 70 years or so ago.

5 minutes ago, Alaratt said:

I like the changelogs, should fix one of the issues I just noticed. Somehow one of my sons had 16 dragon kids in the span of about 13 months. Apparently he was really horny lol. The son is landed and the youngest of those kids is 9, and the oldest is 10. I only just noticed it happened, but I checked the Dynastry tree and he is the only one of 50+ of my kids this happened to. Playing as a Han in Tibet.

So then I went to the offmap screen to check it out and found I have 11630 favor with the Elder Forest Empire despite not having done business with them this playthrough. Getting 10 pts of favor a month because of the same dynasty bonus thanks to installing my oldest son as emperor of China 70 years or so ago.

I... am gonna have to fix that. It shouldn't be giving you that much favor.. actually any at all. But yea the dragon spam it was really bad since the AI will ALWAYS run the calm event. Though for your son to have that many dragons he would have had to be landed and killing courtier left and right since he couldn't birth the dragons himself. But yea the newest update bumped it down to a 10% chance per calm event so it will hopefully tone it down a bit.. scratch that. Tone it down A LOT.

1 minute ago, zia said:

I... am gonna have to fix that. It shouldn't be giving you that much favor.. actually any at all. But yea the dragon spam it was really bad since the AI will ALWAYS run the calm event. Though for your son to have that many dragons he would have had to be landed and killing courtier left and right since he couldn't birth the dragons himself. But yea the newest update bumped it down to a 10% chance per calm event so it will hopefully tone it down a bit.. scratch that. Tone it down A LOT.

lol cool. So you think he was killing courtiers to get the eggs, then hatched them all himself? I just looked and the son is 24 , so the eggs were made when he was 14 and 15 years old. He is recorded as their father, though, with no mothers. Is that part normal? I had 1 dragon baby only once in a quick test run, so not a lot of experience with that part of Slavery Expanded yet

6 minutes ago, Arbiter1742 said:

That's all right.

Oh, one more thing. How do I sic dragons on enemy armies? I've got one right now, but I can only use him to kidnap people.

You have to be in command and currently in battle. Once that is done so long as the dragon is an adult and has been calmed you should get a high Priority intrigue Decision to burn their army. Due note there is a cool down on it so don't waste it on small fights. (unless you have a bunch of dragons which meet the criteria, in which: Go Nuts.)

6 minutes ago, Alaratt said:

lol cool. So you think he was killing courtiers to get the eggs, then hatched them all himself? I just looked and the son is 24 , so the eggs were made when he was 14 and 15 years old. He is recorded as their father, though, with no mothers. Is that part normal? I had 1 dragon baby only once in a quick test run, so not a lot of experience with that part of Slavery Expanded yet

Yes only landed characters can hatch eggs and only female's can lay them. So somehow he got the first egg then he spammed the even getting courtier pregnant. They die (most likely the game just cleared them cause they weren't important) and if he is their liege and they don't have an 'heir'  He inherits the eggs. So he may not have been murder happy but instead just had a bunch of lowborn women that the game kept culling to keep it running smoothly. 

And technically they have a mother (Him) as the code sets the one who hatches them to be their mother.  The only way to see who laid the egg is to look at the dragon egg itself (which is destroyed when they are hatched). This will change if and only if I can figure out how to assign the original owner of the egg to be the mother. (Haven't figured out how to scope to a specific artifact yet)

Actions with china giving favour with other offmaps means you need to add a new modifier_definition for your own currency and reference it in your offmap definition.

And why would you require Jsde Dragon? Custom offmaps can be modded in the base game perfectly fine.

3 hours ago, Drax70 said:

I don't have Jade Dragon DLC. Will I be able to play this mod with Dark World?

By the way, Dragons? Not a fun... better make it optional!

Thanks!

As of right now you need jade dragon. Next update (should be thursday/friday) I will try and remove that requirement.  And Dragons ARE optional. Well mostly. The empire and its governor will always be dragons, BUT personal dragons are optional. (There is a game rule for it.) 

7 hours ago, zia said:

As of right now you need jade dragon. Next update (should be thursday/friday) I will try and remove that requirement.  And Dragons ARE optional. Well mostly. The empire and its governor will always be dragons, BUT personal dragons are optional. (There is a game rule for it.) 

Excelent!

Thank you zia! Keep up the great work!!! :smiley:

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/02/2018 at 4:15 AM, zia said:

Could you make any progress with removal of the Jade Dragon requirement? I'd like to try your mod but I don't have that DLC.

On 2/12/2018 at 5:26 PM, Drax70 said:

I don't have Jade Dragon DLC. Will I be able to play this mod with Dark World?

By the way, Dragons? Not a fun... better make it optional!

Thanks!

5 hours ago, nugerumon said:

Could you make any progress with removal of the Jade Dragon requirement? I'd like to try your mod but I don't have that DLC.

NEW UPDATE:

V.-93 

-Removed Jade Dragon Requirement.

If you have Jade dragon and downloaded v.092 you DO NOT need to update, all this did was remove jade dragon as a requirement. 

Sorry this took so long, I started playing Fallout 4 again and got distracted. Probably not going to have any updates for a little while, burned myself out on CK2 and have been playing other things. Probably wont be to long (less than a month) before I start playing it again. I will try and keep this updated an functional however (if something breaks it, such as an update to ck2 or darkworld), unlike last time. IF IT BREAKS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Archived