[mod] [CK 2] Dark World - Serpent Expansion

zia

27 minutes ago, bicobus said:

With all those dragons, why is it still named "slavery expanded"? :tongue:

Because it hasnt been renamed yet. Probably will once I can think of a name XD Though most of it is still centered around slavery. Most of what the dragons will let you do will help with slavery.

6 hours ago, Zmey said:

About the Dragons and slavery, I cant trade with them unless i can also trade with China (which btw is represented in the Forest Empire by a second attack button). Using 0.81

That is Odd and unfortunately I am unable to replicate this. I just ran a test game and selected a county in the Byzantine Empire (outside of diplomatic range of both china and the Forest) and I was able to trade without issue. There shouldn't be any checks for diplomatic Range left for the buttons or decisions. And as for the second attack button it shouldn't do anything what so ever.

Are you running any other mods? Which county/country are you playing right now? Did you change the game rule for interacting with china? What decision where you trying to use? (Guessing Sell slave, in which I have to ask: Did you have a branded slave in YOUR COURT not your prison?)

I am also using DWMage, DWToska, Gift Troops (ability to aid dynasti members and vassals with mercs) and and Patrum Scuta (a Coat of Arms mod), I havent changed rules for China, had branded slave in court and played Leon that became the HRE through inheritance

7 hours ago, Zmey said:

I am also using DWMage, DWToska, Gift Troops (ability to aid dynasti members and vassals with mercs) and and Patrum Scuta (a Coat of Arms mod), I havent changed rules for China, had branded slave in court and played Leon that became the HRE through inheritance

Well I started a game in Leon as the county of Leon. And I was able to trade with them without issue. (Cheated my self some favor, bought a slave then trained and sold them back) It may be one of your other mods causing it. 

And leon by default should be in range. As in range for the forest is china diplo range (forgot to remove regions) and in range of the the forest's Governor (who is in the County of Isle of Mann). And Leon is in range of the Isle of Mann.

Do me a favor and right click on The Elder Forest Empire's button, it should show you diplomatic range.

However again Diplomatic range should not matter, I don't have any checks for in the mod.  

Tried again with only slavery expanded and DW:R in a new game with Croatia, in range have branded slave that I can visit at court but still cant sell slave (only option showing) and claims there are no branded slaves at court in the reqs

40 minutes ago, Zmey said:

Tried again with only slavery expanded and DW:R in a new game with Croatia, in range have branded slave that I can visit at court but still cant sell slave (only option showing) and claims there are no branded slaves at court in the reqs

Odd... The only requirements are:

is_adult = yes
                trait = branded_slave
                is_heir = no
                NOT = { is_landed = yes } 
                NOT = { trait = incapable } 
                NOT = { trait = inbred }
                NOT = { trait = imbecile }
                NOT = { trait = maimed }
                NOT = { trait = infirm }

NOT = { prisoner = yes }

And they are not Ill, wounded or severely injured?

Your slave meets those correct? 

(Not Prisoner req is being removed in next version)

3 hours ago, Zmey said:

I reinstalled the game and got it to work but China & Forest Empires are still connected, if I ask for a boon from one it appears in both.

yea... I am aware of that. Its a work in progress. Luckly  for the Forest it does not stop you from doing anything as none of the boons check for it.

UPDATE V.09 RELEASED:

-Dragon eggs and dragon children added
-Events to get draogn eggs added.
-Hatch dragon eggs and get your very own dragon
-Having an adult dragon child lets you: Kidnap people (might tweak this some later its kind of over powered right now) and burn enemy armies. 
-FEMALE rulers can get Favor with the Elder Forest with out the use of slaves. 
-Fixed a few minor bugs. (no more boon being shared between China and Elder Forest)
-Event/Desicsion to allow couriters and vassals to get draogn eggs. (Only Vassals and landed characters will hatch them however.)

Current Bug: Localization for dragon calming events is not properly pulling names. I am looking into this. Beyond the character names not pulling up in the event text everything else is working!

PLEASE report any bugs you may find. If I do not know about the bug I cannot fix it! 

1 minute ago, Zmey said:

Not a bug but an oddity, the Forest Elder Viceroys(?) seem very eager to join Crusades

Yea I don't know what causes it. Some times (seems like 20-30% of the time) he is a dragon. The rest of the time he is a catholic human. Its kind of strange.... I shall poor over the code again and see what I can do...

I have noticed that whit your mod active some CoA are messed up; I have tried different combinations but every time Slavery Expanded is active I have this problem.

I remember that some time ago there was a similar problem but could not find the right thread.

Anyhow, thanks for your work.content-posted

ck2_1.jpg

ck2_2.jpg

18 hours ago, SymphonyOfSpecters said:

decided to remove your mod when I found out it was the one throwing in fucking dragons into my game

the name of the mod is "dark world slavery expanded," nowhere in that title hints towards dragons being shoved in my face, I'd play AGOT if I wanted that

I feel the same way but you probably could of said that in a less dick-ish manner. Maybe that is just my interpretation of your post. I don't really get the slavery-dragon connection either.

One of the things I liked about this sub-mod was that it was more down-to-earth and realistic than other ones which tend to add in even more out-there fantasy stuff.

38 minutes ago, zafer said:

I feel the same way but you probably could of said that in a less dick-ish manner. Maybe that is just my interpretation of your post. I don't really get the slavery-dragon connection either.

One of the things I liked about this sub-mod was that it was more down-to-earth and realistic than other ones which tend to add in even more out-there fantasy stuff.

decided to remove your mod when I found out it was the one throwing in fucking dragons into my game

the name of the mod is "dark world slavery expanded," nowhere in that title hints towards dragons being shoved in my face, I'd play AGOT if I wanted that

Honestly? There isnt much a connection. But a few things happened when I was working on the offmap empire and when I made this mod.

When I first made the mod I did so for the following reasons:

1. Obtain courtiers with the other exotic traits added by darkworld. Because currently without cheating its very hard (nearly impossible) to get anything besides werewolves or vampires in the game unless you start as one of them.

2. Add in a better way to get slaves. (Waiting on vanilla mechanics to generate prisoners to enslave was tedious... it was a nice mechanic in Darkworld itself but it was rather bland and didnt do much.)

Adding the Off Map:

1. I never much cared tying this to buildings or to a click through event. In the case of the event it would make slavery more of a world wide thing.. that the AI never really used.

2. I tired a society but it failed (Couldn't wrap my head around the code) and it prevented you form using any other society. Which limits gmaeplay which is something I personally do not enjoy.

3. Offmap seemed like a great idea and it really was. Not bound to only certain people and it somewhat made sense in the world of Dark World.

Adding Dragons:

1. Having people run the empire was... well underwhelming.  Expecially since later plans would allow you to raid an off map area for slaves. Namely the exotic slaves mentioned above.

2. I had it as bears for awhile because I did not want the player to really be able to gain free Favor. They deal in trade NOT gifts. (Same culture/religion nets you free Favor) SO I had to make the empire something you cannot be. 

3. Almost made it Cats but... (Khajiit has wares if you have coin.)But that to seemed... Off. Same with horses.

4. Dragons make at least some sense for the empire itself. They Horde things and love wealth, taking slaves to make gold? Fair trade to them. And they make some sense as a mystical guardian on the exotic races. 

5. Last but not least: I actually enjoyed the dragon mechanics of AGOT but not the mod itself. And I only found 1 mod that added it into the vanilla game.. but it also added a few other broken things and edited the map which can quickly break compatibility with other things.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

This may sound dickish or at least self centered: I Made the mod so I could enjoy it.  Me, not you. 

I plan (tentative if I can figure it out) to add a game rule to prevent/allow the Dragon Festival. Which would disable getting eggs thus stopping you from getting dragons popping up outside the empire. I have to figure out how to do this first. I am a very NOVICE modder all things considered. (Which is why a few thread have pop up from me asking for help)

And As for it not being in the title? DRAGONS ARE NEW. I may change the name later.. maybe. Have to think about a good one for it. 

12 hours ago, zia said:

Honestly? There isnt much a connection. But a few things happened when I was working on the offmap empire and when I made this mod.

When I first made the mod I did so for the following reasons:

1. Obtain courtiers with the other exotic traits added by darkworld. Because currently without cheating its very hard (nearly impossible) to get anything besides werewolves or vampires in the game unless you start as one of them.

2. Add in a better way to get slaves. (Waiting on vanilla mechanics to generate prisoners to enslave was tedious... it was a nice mechanic in Darkworld itself but it was rather bland and didnt do much.)

Adding the Off Map:

1. I never much cared tying this to buildings or to a click through event. In the case of the event it would make slavery more of a world wide thing.. that the AI never really used.

2. I tired a society but it failed (Couldn't wrap my head around the code) and it prevented you form using any other society. Which limits gmaeplay which is something I personally do not enjoy.

3. Offmap seemed like a great idea and it really was. Not bound to only certain people and it somewhat made sense in the world of Dark World.

Adding Dragons:

1. Having people run the empire was... well underwhelming.  Expecially since later plans would allow you to raid an off map area for slaves. Namely the exotic slaves mentioned above.

2. I had it as bears for awhile because I did not want the player to really be able to gain free Favor. They deal in trade NOT gifts. (Same culture/religion nets you free Favor) SO I had to make the empire something you cannot be. 

3. Almost made it Cats but... (Khajiit has wares if you have coin.)But that to seemed... Off. Same with horses.

4. Dragons make at least some sense for the empire itself. They Horde things and love wealth, taking slaves to make gold? Fair trade to them. And they make some sense as a mystical guardian on the exotic races. 

5. Last but not least: I actually enjoyed the dragon mechanics of AGOT but not the mod itself. And I only found 1 mod that added it into the vanilla game.. but it also added a few other broken things and edited the map which can quickly break compatibility with other things.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

This may sound dickish or at least self centered: I Made the mod so I could enjoy it.  Me, not you. 

I plan (tentative if I can figure it out) to add a game rule to prevent/allow the Dragon Festival. Which would disable getting eggs thus stopping you from getting dragons popping up outside the empire. I have to figure out how to do this first. I am a very NOVICE modder all things considered. (Which is why a few thread have pop up from me asking for help)

And As for it not being in the title? DRAGONS ARE NEW. I may change the name later.. maybe. Have to think about a good one for it. 

Judt for the sake of information, or for whoever's that might sub-sub-mod the dragons out of their personal copies, the offmap interface can be modded so that the portraits are hidden, and the offmap unreachable ruler himself can be given the 'governor' title before becoming offmap ruler. That way you only have a very hidden dummy character.

And since you interact with the offmap via custom buttons, the absence of the portraits isn't a problem.

On 2/3/2018 at 11:05 PM, zia said:

LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

After I get over my own emotional overreaction caused by @SymphonyOfSpecters's rude, selfish, and exceptionally dickish post, I'll have a look and help you with setting up a rule for this.  It's actually fairly easy once you figure out the initial confusing syntax.

@zia Create a folder in /common called "game_rules" and create a text file in that folder for your rule(s).  Here is an example of how I would then code the rule into the game.  Let me know if you need help working the rule into the event itself and I can help with that also.

EDIT: the way I did it below, dragons are OFF by default.  If you want them ON by default, switch the order of the two rule options.

# *********************************************
# * The help text supplied with CK2 is wrong. *
# * Below is the corrected text.  --Noxie     *

# List of options showing in the Game Rules screen
#
# format is:
# rule_token = {
#	name = "TEXT_KEY_FOR_NAME"
#	group = "TEXT_KEY_FOR_GROUP"					# Used for filtering. A single rule can be in multiple groups 
#	option = {										# please note that the first option is always the default option
#		name = option_token
#		text = "TEXT_KEY_FOR_OPTION_NAME"
#		desc = "TEXT_KEY_FOR_LONG_DESC"
#		achievements = no							# by default achievements = yes, allows or disallows achievements
#	}
# }

# ********************************************************************
# * I find scripted triggers helpful but if there is only one case   *
# * you are going to need to check this rule then they may be        *
# * overkill.  Regardless, here is an example of how _I_ would code  *
# * a scripted trigger for this rule:                                *

# dwse_has_dragons = {
#     has_game_rule = { name = dwse_dragons value = dragons }
# }

dwse_dragons = {
	name = "dwse_dragons_localisation_label" # "Dragon Controls"
	#group = "RULE_GROUP_NOX_EVENTS"		 # you wont need this until you start doing a lot of rules.

option = {
		name = off
		text = "dwse_dragons_localisation_disabled_label"	# something like "Disabled" or "Off" 
		desc = "dwse_dragons_localisation_disabled_desc"	# "Dragons only exist in the empire and will not spread through the regular known world."
	}
	option = {
		name = dragons
		text = "dwse_dragons_localisation_enabled_label"	# something like "Here be Dragons" or "Dragons Enabled"
		desc = "dwse_dragons_localisation_enabled_desc"		# "Events are in place that may cause dragons to spread in your game"
	}
}

EDIT: here is some more prattling on game rules from me that might be useful in the future.  :tongue:

1. the name of the rule or what the help text calls the "rule token" must be unique across all MODs.  That is why I made the sample code for you "dwse_dragons" instead of "dragons".  If I were to make a dragon rule for mine it would probably be called "nox_dragons" or some such fiddle-faddle.
  2. everything inside of the "rule token" is unique to that rule.  Meaning I can have an option named off for it, and then make a new rule for something else and it can have an option named "off" and the game will not get confused between them.
  3. When I first learned rules, the localisation confused me.  To simplify _understanding_ rules, here is the same rule with all the (required) localisation crap removed for easy reading:
    dwse_dragons = {
    	option = {
    		name = off
    	}
    	option = {
    		name = dragons
    	}
    }

On 2/3/2018 at 3:27 AM, bl7g5x said:

I have noticed that whit your mod active some CoA are messed up; I have tried different combinations but every time Slavery Expanded is active I have this problem.

I remember that some time ago there was a similar problem but could not find the right thread.

Anyhow, thanks for your work.content-posted

ck2_1.jpg

ck2_2.jpg

@zia To fix the flag problem, a graphic named "e_offmap_dwse_voice.tga" needs added to /gfx/flags

5 hours ago, noxbestia said:

@zia Create a folder in /common called "game_rules" and create a text file in that folder for your rule(s).  Here is an example of how I would then code the rule into the game.  Let me know if you need help working the rule into the event itself and I can help with that also.

EDIT: the way I did it below, dragons are OFF by default.  If you want them ON by default, switch the order of the two rule options.

# * The help text supplied with CK2 is wrong. *
# * Below is the corrected text.  --Noxie     *

# List of options showing in the Game Rules screen
#
# format is:
# rule_token = {
#	name = "TEXT_KEY_FOR_NAME"
#	group = "TEXT_KEY_FOR_GROUP"					# Used for filtering. A single rule can be in multiple groups 
#	option = {										# please note that the first option is always the default option
#		name = option_token
#		text = "TEXT_KEY_FOR_OPTION_NAME"
#		desc = "TEXT_KEY_FOR_LONG_DESC"
#		achievements = no							# by default achievements = yes, allows or disallows achievements
#	}
# }

# * I find scripted triggers helpful but if there is only one case   *
# * you are going to need to check this rule then they may be        *
# * overkill.  Regardless, here is an example of how _I_ would code  *
# * a scripted trigger for this rule:                                *

# dwse_has_dragons = {
#     has_game_rule = { name = dwse_dragons value = dragons }
# }

dwse_dragons = {
	name = "dwse_dragons_localisation_label" # "Dragon Controls"
	#group = "RULE_GROUP_NOX_EVENTS"		 # you wont need this until you start doing a lot of rules.

option = {
		name = off
		text = "dwse_dragons_localisation_disabled_label"	# something like "Disabled" or "Off" 
		desc = "dwse_dragons_localisation_disabled_desc"	# "Dragons only exist in the empire and will not spread through the regular known world."
	}
	option = {
		name = dragons
		text = "dwse_dragons_localisation_enabled_label"	# something like "Here be Dragons" or "Dragons Enabled"
		desc = "dwse_dragons_localisation_enabled_desc"		# "Events are in place that may cause dragons to spread in your game"
	}
}

EDIT: here is some more prattling on game rules from me that might be useful in the future.  :tongue:

1. the name of the rule or what the help text calls the "rule token" must be unique across all MODs.  That is why I made the sample code for you "dwse_dragons" instead of "dragons".  If I were to make a dragon rule for mine it would probably be called "nox_dragons" or some such fiddle-faddle.
  2. everything inside of the "rule token" is unique to that rule.  Meaning I can have an option named off for it, and then make a new rule for something else and it can have an option named "off" and the game will not get confused between them.
  3. When I first learned rules, the localisation confused me.  To simplify _understanding_ rules, here is the same rule with all the (required) localisation crap removed for easy reading:

dwse_dragons = {
    	option = {
    		name = off
    	}
    	option = {
    		name = dragons
    	}
    }

5 hours ago, noxbestia said:

@zia To fix the flag problem, a graphic named "e_offmap_dwse_voice.tga" needs added to /gfx/flags

Thank you Nox! I should be able to get an update out on Thursday or Friday with the rule and the graphic should be fairly easy to get done at the same time.

2 hours ago, Arbiter1742 said:

Are you supposed to be able to receive boons from the dragons? I'm not seeing any, anyway. Also, where's the offmap empire? Is that the dragons?

Yes the offmap empire is the dragons. And there should be boons, The boons are slaves you can buy and the contract need to declare slave raids.

Archived