OSA | Skyrim Ascendancy Engine

The mod works and looks beautiful, BUT: Testing OSEX for about 5 minutes produced a 18 Gigabyte papyrus log. Another test where i only tried it for about 30 seconds made a 2GB papyrus log. Without OSEX, my logs are still under 100 kilobyte after hours of play.

This is truly most innovative sex mod out there... It is much more promising than sexlab. The only problem is the scarcity of animations, but that's to be expected since this is still a pretty young mod. I hope there will be some rape anims too. Such a great mod should not be limited to single type of anims :)

The mod works and looks beautiful, BUT: Testing OSEX for about 5 minutes produced a 18 Gigabyte papyrus log. Another test where i only tried it for about 30 seconds made a 2GB papyrus log. Without OSEX, my logs are still under 100 kilobyte after hours of play.

1.084C will produce some log entries.  I let CEO know about them within days of 1.084C's release and last I heard, he was addressing them.  But, gigabytes?  No.  Shouldn't even be megabytes.  It makes me wonder what else you are running.

The GitHub repository get setup for this?  Was interested in looking at Personas and saw a earlier thread in here about Github, but didn't have a URL link for the repository to connect to.

Thanks.

I'll be putting up a few GitHub's soon that have some segments of the project but mainly the only one that's core for OSA will be the actionscript involved. Persona's are basically just the XML files in the meshes/0SP/ folder of the settings I made for the default personalities (OGuy and OGal) it can take as many versions as people have time to make or customize but it is a bit confusing without more documentation which i'm trying to get done. 

Basically I mean that for now Persona can be viewed in meshes/0SP/ as all the xml for my default persona's are in there but it is complex and might seem overwhelming to figure out without more documentation on how to fill in the different parts. For the most part they follow a repeating system of xml fields (Some are still being ironed a little in system)

---------

The additional plans for GIT were a suggestion brought up here to have a single place to consolidate Profile and Pesona's for Skyrim's Vanilla NPCs so those could be developed together as a community effort and downloaded easily as a zip file. That's coming soon.

Dude seriously this is professional quality stuff - what do you do for a living?

Thanks a lot! I freelance design mostly in the fine arts, exhibition catalog & books for museums / galleries primarily but I'm kind of a jack of trades visual consultant / designer, got visual training from a RISD bfa.

CEO,

where your mod store position of GUI? If you make savegame with position shifted to the left, nothing will help to restore proper position.

I tried to remove mod, make clean save, but after I load OSA again, GUI is shifted.

I'm looking into the bug and others are reporting it but I'm not quite sure the cause at this time. OSA bases positioning entirely on screen width + height of the skyrim UI scaleform. From those points it starts at the bottom left (for navigation) and bottom right (for main menu) and builds inwards and up so in theory the menu should always be rooted on the corners and visible.

I believe the conflict is elsewhere and related to something with SKYUI assigning the X Y coordinates of OSA. I'm not saying it's SKYUi's fault because it's a bug that started happening in recent versions of OSA and is most likely just a chain of events making some kind of delay or something starting to early or to late in the order I'm booting things up. I'll keep working on this and hopefully come up with a solution. I'm thinking SkyUI is saving the X Y coordinates as properties for the menu in the UI script as something incorrect which is why this is happening. I'll play with it some like pre filling those in as 0,0 an see if that fixes it in the next round.

Some users have requested a movable UI for VR. It's my understanding having the UI on the corners is hard to see and interact with for VR so I'll see what I can do to make it movable. This wouldn't be a fix however to the issue you mentioned since it's being placed incorrectly by something I haven't identified yet. 

The GitHub repository get setup for this?  Was interested in looking at Personas and saw a earlier thread in here about Github, but didn't have a URL link for the repository to connect to.

Thanks.

I'll be putting up a few GitHub's soon that have some segments of the project but mainly the only one that's core for OSA will be the actionscript involved. Persona's are basically just the XML files in the meshes/0SP/ folder of the settings I made for the default personalities (OGuy and OGal) it can take as many versions as people have time to make or customize but it is a bit confusing without more documentation which i'm trying to get done. 

Basically I mean that for now Persona can be viewed in meshes/0SP/ as all the xml for my default persona's are in there but it is complex and might seem overwhelming to figure out without more documentation on how to fill in the different parts. For the most part they follow a repeating system of xml fields (Some are still being ironed a little in system)

---------

The additional plans for GIT were a suggestion brought up here to have a single place to consolidate Profile and Pesona's for Skyrim's Vanilla NPCs so those could be developed together as a community effort and downloaded easily as a zip file. That's coming soon.

Sounds good.  I'll wait for the documentation.  Looks like defining a new class is pretty important if you wanted to add different voices or how their expressions would work.

Just so I understand, the idea is that classes are pretty generic in themselves and not meant to be specific to a individual character correct?  For example instead of a Nazeem class you'd call it 'Arrogant' or something?

OSA Documentation - Help post

This post will include links to relevant information for developers while we wait for official documentation.

If you are developer feel free to write short tutorial about how you developed something for OSA and i will add a link to it in this post.
Also if you have a question about development for OSA feel free to ask it here in this topic and i will link the answer in this post.

Terminology

First of all you will want to read original/first post in this topic where CEO explains Terminology and gives other usefull information.

Scripting

In order to compile your code using OSA functions you will need source files of SKYUI and SKSE.

- API -

OSA + OSEX API

OSA API requires no mastery or extending of OSA or it's scripts. As long as OSA.esm is active in the users game the scenes will begin. These can be called both from a Papyrus Script or Fragment at any time.

OSEX SPECIFIC API:

OSex.start(actorDom, actorSub)

These additional parameters are not fully tested but should work:

You can add a non-default startScene like so:

OSex.start(actorDom, actorSub, startScene="0MF|Sy6!Sy9|Ho|St9Adore+01T180")

- Don't be intimitdated by the long sceneID please, that's my OCD naming style for scene IDs. In game from the info menu you should be able to see the ID of the current scene. It's a little hard to get this for transition scenes so I will make the scene info panel also show the last scene you were on as well. Case sensitivity does matter here.

You can define the location of the scene:

OSex.start(actorDom, actorSub, Loc="1")

Will make the scene start on the location of the actorSub in this case. (The 2nd actor, 0 would start it on the first)

This will also take coordinate data soon in the future but doesn't yet, if you want a scene to occur in an exact spot in a house for example.)

OSA API

OSA is meant to be an animation framework that any animator can add scenes to. The OSA API makes a custom API for any module installed. It also will allow additional scene flags and parameters to be adjusted so it has more power then using the basic OSex.start also.

1. Put your actors in an Array (I'll make a function that does this automatically also)

Actor[] actro = New Actor[2]

actro[0] = domActor

actro[1] = subActor

2. Set Up the scene and launch it

string[] newScene = osa.makeStage()

think of newScene like stacking cups up. It's a string array that's automatically made and you just keep passing it into each step along with additional data.

osa.setActors(newScene, actro)

Plugin newScene along with your actor Array

osa.setModule(newScene, "0Sex")

Type in the name of the module here. You can also define startScene and loc(ation) like in the basic start function

*Flags will be set in here

osa.start(newScene)

Just put newScene back into here and the scene will begin

OSA is actionscript based hence the CASE of the letters does matter. When copying names of modules, scenes or referencing anything done in OSA for papyrus or OSA developers please pay close attention to the case of what you are copying as a majority of the time it will effect the outcome.

How to check (with Papyrus) if actor is involved in OSA scene?

Module Creation

Read more about modules in original post.
Download example Demo module to see how to setup basic module.

Explaination of tags in xml for modules
Explaination of tags for Autonavigation
How to end scene automatically after specific animation?

Visitor System Explaination.

MyOSA

Read more about MyOSA in original post.
Download example MyEquip and MyAnim

Explaination of tags in xml for MyEquip

Persona

Read more about Persona in original post.

Explaination of tags inside oForm

Profiles

Read more about profiles in original post.
Download example profile for Camilla Valerius.

How do i set up profiles?

ESG

Read more about ESG in original post.
Here you can find example of modified ESG setup.

Sounds good.  I'll wait for the documentation.  Looks like defining a new class is pretty important if you wanted to add different voices or how their expressions would work.

Just so I understand, the idea is that classes are pretty generic in themselves and not meant to be specific to a individual character correct?  For example instead of a Nazeem class you'd call it 'Arrogant' or something?

Yea exactly,

You can think of the classes similar to VoiceType or CombatStyle in Skyrim forms. A truly unique NPC would have all their own classes made just for them and then specified in their persona exactly. One of the main reasons I did it like this is because in the case that an NPC doesn't have a unique persona it assembles them from  all the installed classes in the hope that it would make diversity for random NPCs. Their personality would be being assembled from a number of small random rolls instead of just a few major ones.

Your example is right that it would be best to design them as a type of personality as opposed to a specific character. Technically the name doesn't matter but that would be the more accurate approach to use. You can setup a class to not be used in random generation so if you had a really special personality that only made sense for one specific NPC you could have it not be included in the list that auto-generated persona's use. Maybe in that case it might be best to name and design around that character instead of the npc.

-------

While pretty much everything that is possible to control in Skyrim can be tweaked and set to your liking in Persona, I believe that there's only so much however it can really do in some cases, there's only so many expression combos and adjustments that the human eye would be able to differentiate, and some of the classes most likely wouldn't be customized much. That's another reason why I used the class setup so that everything doesn't have to be filled in to make a new personality, the more set in stone one's that can't be customized much can be ignored and they can be built gradually one new class at a time. 

Seems like I found a bug. There is no pussy sound when used as sound parameter in an event. And I'd also like to know the full list of sounds implemented for animation events.

Thanks.

Let me check it out, I think these are in areas I'm still finishing up, here's a summary though:

0SP\base\default\oForm.oform

is the default formList, additional .oforms can be added separate from this document to register additional forms but these document types are intended to hold all forms that OSA uses for Persona including the sounds. It's an xml document I just use the .oform extension so I can scan the folder with papyrus for all present .oform files. 

A majority of these are meant to be left in the hands of persona to dynamically select what it wants to play but I do have the beginnings of a shortcut to get around this if you need an exact sound on demand.

A lot of the passive stuff like reactions, and sounds during scenes are picked from this stuff based on criteria automatically, but if you need a specific sound to play from their persona this will work in a transition under osfx:

<fx0 ti="18.8" cmd="SAY" fo="wvo" ty="release" sy="0" nolock="true"/>
<fx1 ti="18.8" cmd="SAY" fo="wvo" ty="release" sy="0" nolock="true"/>

• ti  = same as other osfx, the time after the start it should occur
  • cmd="SAY"  this is the command to play a specific sound from their persona formlists
  • fo="wvo" the entire voice suite of an actor's persona is broken up into packs. "wvo" in this case is vocal sounds related to casting magic.The pack "type" is listed in the .oform  type="vo" type="ivo" type="ivos" type="spank" etc.
  • ty="release" ty is type of sound in this case it's the wizard Release sound
  • sy="0"  sy is style you'll see in the .oform they have degrees. This is almost always intensity increase. breath0 is softer breath1 is louder, more enthusiastic.  
  • nolock=true is for if you want the sound to lock their voice out for the duration of the sound. Preventative measure from having an actor moaning multiple times at once etc. If it's a body sound as opposed to a voice it might not want to lock out their voice for example. Sometimes it's just better not to lock for really planned out osfx to get the timing right.

• the result of this means it will play from the wizard voice pack  (wvo) release0 (ty+sy) and it does lock their voice from use for the duration of the sound.

in the next version I'll have an additional event that just plays any sound which will be filled out with pretty much the same basic fields as MyOSA uses:

<fx0 cmd="SKYSND" mod="mod it's from" form="formID" actor="0" lipsync="aeo">

This would be for breaking out of the confinements of Persona, or getting access to a wider range of sounds.  Pointing to the correct sound in the CK, what actor it comes from, and if it should use lipsync.

---------------------------

Wetness increase for pussy and impacts is not quite done. It's most likely playing the 0 wetness sound which is empty. OSA will track wetness / arousal soon and that will fill in the amount of wetness to be used for the sound making it scale with the actor's state but I think for now it's only going to be playing pussy0 and not using pussymoist pussywet sounds until i finish that segment up. The impacts will also get this wetscaling also beyond the body slapping sounds it's just in the case of no body contact penetrating there's no sign that it's working without the wetness scaling.

---------------------------

To the request in your Poser for MyOSA:

Yes absolutely:

I'll do something like this for the next version:  

<folder1 n="Cuirass" i="ome_a_cuirass_m" by="Animator's Name">

would work for the equipment MyOSA also, makes sense and is a nice idea. I'll leave entry as is since it already has an extra line if needed I think: t=" "

<entry n="Pose 77" t="By Animator's Name" id="6GOM77" i="omu_purity" />

Nice Idea and thank you.

--

I can make it run persona but I'll have to do a little bit of planning to figure out what would be best. Since MyOSA is functioning more in a poser sense it might be better to just have an extra button to run a persona that the user can select on demand without caring what the actor's persona actually is set to, or having it be randomly generated. The options to handle it would be:

1. Let it use the actor's persona or generate one automatically if it doesn't exist.

2. Let the xml have the persona set for that animation

3. Have another button that lets you pick from Persona's so they will make faces and sound reactions etc. while posing.

Nice idea I'll see what I can do. Would be nice to be able to use animation events also maybe.

I was looking a bit at OSA trying to figure out what is possible, and it looks very promising.

But since no documentation exists yet and I am clueless about its capabilities I figured asking the dev would be the best idea ^^

I am mainly interested in its UI features and how they are used.

Is the UI usable outside of the OSA Menu, like triggering it and passing info to it with papyrus?

So for starters is it possible to make a new ui window, filled with text content provided by scripts?

Profiles sounds like it may be the way to go but it looks like it is all tied into the OSA menu and I see no way of accessing it via script.

Lets say I want to assign some stats to a couple of actors and I want to open and fill this new ui window with the stats of the selected actor via script.

Is something like this possible and if so what do I need to do? 

Thank you for explanation. I figured already that not all sounds are implemented, so I'll try to create something on my own.

And very exited about the future possibility to use voices from external sources. That will make possible for actors to talk during the scene using vanilla or voiced followers voices and with the lypsync on, mind blowing.

There's one more question I want to ask you CEO. Why did you make those gigantic penises on males?? Not only that it looks unrealistic but it also could give us serious complexes XD

A few reasons.

1. Skyrim hands are huge and I couldn't get a satisfying stroke with 2 hands reliably around something smaller.

2. Body meshes don't compress like in real life so the penetration had much more limited motion with smaller sizes. The penetrator has to stop much earlier then humans actual would on their thrust to avoid clipping.

3. Females in modded Skyrim range from hyper-sexualized to in my opinion grotequely beyond hyper-sexualized so I wanted to return the favor with in reason for Males

4. Personally I think it's heroic sized but within the realm of reality (maybe just slightly beyond, I could see it losing 1 inch in hindsight), but I did want the male hung. I'd say it's as realistic as UNPB's chest is, and despite the huge chest I feel UNPB is closer to reality then most of the females bodies I see. 

While OSex is based on vanilla sex the spirit of it is heroic, athletic bodies, mortal gods making love, not so much average people. The bodies that I target to animated around are 100% weight and fairly thick muscular.

There's one more question I want to ask you CEO. Why did you make those gigantic penises on males?? Not only that it looks unrealistic but it also could give us serious complexes XD

I don't get any complexes from that. :P

Size increase is there to better match female hands.

A few reasons.

1. Skyrim hands are huge and I couldn't get a satisfying stroke with 2 hands reliably around something smaller.

2. Body meshes don't compress like in real life so the penetration had much more limited motion with smaller sizes. The penetrator has to stop much earlier then humans actual would on their thrust to avoid clipping.

3. Females in modded Skyrim range from hyper-sexualized to in my opinion grotequely beyond hyper-sexualized so I wanted to return the favor with in reason for Males

4. Personally I think it's heroic sized but within the realm of reality (maybe just slightly beyond). I'd say it's as realistic as UNPB's chest is, and despite the huge chest I feel UNPB is closer to reality then most of the females bodies I see.

While OSex is based on vanilla sex the spirit of it is heroic, athletic bodies, mortal gods making love, not so much average people. The bodies that I target to animated around are 100% weight and fairly thick muscular.

but it's still too big man.. it looks like redguard has been stung by cazador or radscorpion XD

you could make hand grip smaller so ti would fit nicely a bit smaller penis.

but that's ok, I can always disable autoscaling and use default sos penis I made.

<sp mtx="thrustsPerSec" qnt="2.0">
	<anim id="0Sx0D_Sx-LeitoLesbianDildo2_S5" t="L" l="2" i0="4" i1="4">
	<ae evty="sexThrustR" whodid="0" tar="1" ori="pussy" thrust="cock" sound="assimpact" soundpow="0" imp="ass" impside="R" impforce="2" impdmg=".01" thrustforce="2" oridmg=".01" oriopen=".01"/>
	<ae evty="sexThrustR" whodid="1" tar="0" ori="pussy" thrust="cock" sound="pussy" soundpow="0" imp="ass" impside="R" impforce="2" impdmg=".01" thrustforce="2" oridmg=".01" oriopen=".01"/>
	</anim>
</sp>

I still have some question about Animation Events. In particular where can one define the source for thrust="cock" for example having something like thrust="dildo".

I would also like to know more about sound="assimpact" parameter, for example sound="pussy" doesn't work, but sound="throat" does. I'd like to define my own sound="kiss" for example.

And of course I wouldn't mind to have some insight on other parameters in relation to Animation Events that we can use.

OSA 1.084J

Put up the latest OSA on Nexus. 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76744/

----------------------

If you want to OSex you'll need the latest version which is on Nexus also now.

It doesn't have everything I promised for the next version mainly because I'm pushing on Aug 1rst to try to get some publicity for OSA.

If you're a fan of the OSA project or OSex please give your support to OSA this month on Nexus by voting for FOTM to give it some showcase and prestige. The more attention it gets the more likely others will be aware and try to make content and cool stuff for OSA so please help out! Thanks!