Age of Barbarian Extended Cut on Steam now. Naked barbarian girls etc

Cyric

I bought this game a few days ago, mainly for the Conan type setting and the naked girls (obviously!). Though I havent finished it yet, I have seen a few instances where the female protagonist is completely nude. Pretty cool :)

It plays like a side scrolling beat-em-up/platformer type game. You can use either a male Conan type guy, or the sexy barbarian girl. I havent used the male character yet. The girl will walk around in her thong and nipple armor, cutting up bad guys. The combat is somewhat janky, but still pretty fun. The violence is on par with Mortal Kombats, so its pretty graphic.

I was really suprized (but happy) to see this on Steam and so I thought I'd post it here in the hopes of more people buying it and encouraging the devs to make similar games in the future.

You can check out the trailers and Steam details here...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/402880/

I took a few screen shots.

The first is from when I met Deathdealer in the game. Always loved Frank Frazettas art too. The outfit you see on Shayna here (the warrior girl) is what she wears for the vast majority of the game. Nice :) 

tumblr_o9y8iiWJsS1shciyho1_1280.jpg

Between stages, you can choose to camp for the night. You have to mash the attack buttons to wake yourself up in time to defend yourself from kidnappers. It is very hard and my girl has been kidnapped EVERY time so far. When this happens, you will get a cool little animation of your character being dragged away and sometimes tied up. The text "a very bad night" appear on screen, perhaps to insinuate what else may happen?

tumblr_o9y8e6UODr1shciyho1_1280.jpg

Here is an example of full nudity. The devs are still adding updates and I know a full nude "costume" has been requested by a few of us. I hope Shayna can wear this full time one day.

tumblr_o9y8gdsxX11shciyho1_1280.jpg

This cool screen, I got after rescuing a maiden. It shows off Shaynas outfit really well...

tumblr_o9y8jhOsx81shciyho1_1280.jpg

Again, please check this game out if you are interested. Like I said, it is somewhat janky with a few bugs now, but still definitely worth it for the hot girls IMO. It really blows my mind that this is on Steam. Fingers crossed we get more games with this level of nudity in the future.

If you already own Age of Barbarian, tell me what you think.

This is indeed a great game, and it might still have a few bugs, but they have squashed probably a few hundred since the game came out on Steam, lol. The dev is very active, and another of their games, Age of Barbarian Arena, is up for vote on Sream Greenlight. It takes the combat from AoB and deepens it for a series of one on one fights similar to the old C64 Barbarian game. I bought Arena from their site and it's tons of fun as well.

I've to say the game itself is a piece of shit

The combat part is quite wired while it's realy hard to handle those puzzle with out a guide. And I don't know why the auther keep the "kick" skill like what it act in the Darksouls

The Darksouls-type game is realy not suitable for indie game makers. It requires all kinds of skills like from action managment to map making. While I have to say 100% of the western developers(even those guy who are in big company) act like idiots or even worse on action game

The combat part is quite wired while it's realy hard to handle those puzzle with out a guide. And I don't know why the auther keep the "kick" skill like what it act in the Darksouls

The Darksouls-type game is realy not suitable for indie game makers. It requires all kinds of skills like from action managment to map making. While I have to say 100% of the western developers(even those guy who are in big company) act like idiots or even worse on action game

All of western developer from indie to big company, who make "pervert games" should enrolled study in Japanese Pervert Games Makers.

I bet if they graduated from it, they could make thousand better than the Japanese.

Me likey.

I has bought it asap!

All of western developer from indie to big company, who make "pervert games" should enrolled study in Japanese Pervert Games Makers.

I bet if they graduated from it, they could make thousand better than the Japanese.

Small chance since they dont even know Japanese.

as my bro gave me a £10 I thought why not >.< lol its not that bad not good though but the developer is still regularly updating it so that's something.

how'd you get the pc nude / topless through the game though as default? I got the setting on full or is only for certain sections?

Acturally I like the "western style" as well as the japanese ones

But problem is that these guys just want to do something out of their ability

A game called "HomeBehind" really have more potential to be changed into an erogame

how'd you get the pc nude / topless through the game though as default? I got the setting on full or is only for certain sections?

Shayna is only topless or nude for small parts of the game (from what I've seen). On the Steam forums, one of the devs asked players what they'd like to see in future updates and a few of us said we'd want playable nude Shayna. Hopefully we'll get that one day.

I tried yesterday AoB:EC for two hours before returning it. I soooo much wanted to like it, and I kinda did. Atmosphere was good, art style was nice, lots of naked flesh and gore... But the combat - which forms majority of the game - was mediocre even at best of times and controls all around felt very clunky. And the bugs.. so many bugs! It felt like I was playing a free flash game with not very high production values. If you're making a game like this, you absolutely need to make combat feel good and the controls responsive! Otherwise it just makes the experience too frustrating. Devs should really look into old Amiga game called Moonstone. Such a good combat!

Still feeling kinda guilty of the refund. It feels like some strong love was put into making the game, but technical skills just weren't high enough to make it feel smooth. Maybe I will give it another go when the bugs are fixed and it goes on sale.

Which stage is the 3rd screenshot from if you dont mind me asking?

Its from a brief cut scene type part of the game, where you can still control Shayna, but theres no combat etc.

i see... which stage is it though? I'm currently on stage 4.

And yes, Sheyna deserves a full nude costume. Hope the devs make it so.

Which stage is the 3rd screenshot from if you dont mind me asking?

Its from a brief cut scene type part of the game, where you can still control Shayna, but theres no combat etc.

i see... which stage is it though? I'm currently on stage 4.

And yes, Sheyna deserves a full nude costume. Hope the devs make it so.

I think its at the end of the stage where you ride on the back of a velociraptor type animal. Cant remember the stage number.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived