FNIS Issue

Cupidius

Recently, I've been having issues trying to launch FNIS and I've done just about everything I could find to try and fix it. I've already looked for help in Nexus Mods and Steam Discussions with no luck. The error reads as follows, periods swapped out for underscores since the site seems to think it's a link:

"C:\Windows\Microsoft_NET\Framework\v_4_0_30319\clr_dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000020."

I'm currently using Windows 10. My contention is that I cannot possibly be the only person who has been having this problem. If anyone else has been having this issue, I would certainly like to hear from you. If anyone has a possible solution, please by all means let me know what you think might help, keeping in mind that I've tried all the obvious things already (uninstalling/reinstalling, running DISM in command prompt as admin, etc). I'm aware that this is 99.999999% likely just an issue with my PC, but I find it strange that FNIS seems to be the only thing affected despite working perfectly well just a few weeks ago. I've had Windows 10 for a while now, too. 

If you're having this problem too, let me know. Just go to "tools" in your Skyrim Data folder and try to launch GenerateFNISforUsers and see if that message comes up if you're not sure whether or not you're affected yourself.

This is from FNIS page on nexus:

(".NET Problems") The generator gives some other strange error messages like "0x800A0005 (CTL_E_ILLEGALFUNCTIONCALL)", ".NET Framework Initialization Error", or aborts immediately after double-clicking.
Most likely you have a corrupted Windows or .NET installation, which can even be caused by undetected viruses. Use the Windows Event Viewer eventvwr.msc to find clues about the cause of the failure. If it indicates .NET problems, then re-install .NET from Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer). If this does not help use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool and Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool. The following links might give additional information: .NET 40 Redistib install error "failed with 0x240006" and Possible issue where .NET Framework 4 setup reports success but fails .... This .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool User's Guide seemed to solve many issues. If nothing helps, and before you have to completely re-install windows, you might consider How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2.

Archived