The Sims 3 performance guide?

I don't know why my game really slow, because of mods? it is really delayed and slow action, in CAS completely blew my mind, I just installed 3-4 hair mod also I've followed some instruction how to impronve the game performance by deleting featureitem and cache/ DCbackup but the game still slow somehow :/

my PC spec

Core i3 2100

RAM 8GB

GTX960

Installed in SSD 

I don't know why my game really slow, because of mods? it is really delayed and slow action, in CAS completely blew my mind, I just installed 3-4 hair mod also I've followed some instruction how to impronve the game performance by deleting featureitem and cache/ DCbackup but the game still slow somehow :/

my PC spec

Core i3 2100

RAM 8GB

GTX960

Installed in SSD 

It could be a bunch of things but remember you're playing a poorly made game overall. 

Have you tried merging your CC?

You may need to manually edit you're Graphics Card.sgr file to recognize your GTX960 as it's too new for Sims 3 to find it on it's own.

There are routing fixes for worlds that have lag on Mod The Sims website.

Use Nraas Master Controller and change your CAS settings to compact mode for CAS.

It's just a laggy game too. I ran my Sims 3 with Core i7 5820k, 32gb ram, two gtx 980's and installed on a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD and still had lag at times.

I have an i7@ 4.5, GTX970 and 16GB RAM.

Sims 3 runs just as shitty on this rig as it did on my pentium 4/radeon x900 way back when the pre-release leak happened.

Then again back then I wasn't running a whole suite of Nraas mods, OKW and like 20gb of clothes/objects with everything turned to max.

But the simple fact is Sims 3 runs like ass regardless of hardware and modding it makes it worse.

One thing is some worlds are worse than others, bridgeport in particular is a huge lag-hole.

The funny thing about making a game try to manage literally everything that happens in the game at all times over the entire city, instead of managing only pieces or households like the other games, will be kinda taxing.  Throw in some of the bugs and stuff inherent in the game, and then all the mods you put on, and eventually factor in the lifespan of your save file (unless it's my game, in which case you just need to start it up to get lag) and you'll get Sims 3.  Fun game and lots of cool stuff's been modded into it, but good god, there had to be a better way to manage things.

Archived