Archspider's Realm Problem

vden111

I can play through it just fine, until I come to the part where you have to open the three gates in front of the tower. I went and hit the two switches, killed all the enemies, but when I go to the gates, they don't open. The third one does, but the first two don't do anything. Am I missing something? Or is it a glitch? And if so, I'd love to know if there's a way to fix it.

Did you read the walkthrough? There is a walkthrough included.

I remember getting a little frustrated at it a long time ago, then using console "tcl" (no collision) to walk right through it. The walkthrough said I was suppose to meet some kind of "cowboy" girls or something but I explored a bit and couldnt find anything...except spider chicks that seem to have infinite health haha. The problem is that the oblivion realms are all really big...I ended up opening two of them and cant find the third lol.

Well, if all else fails use tcl haha, sorry I couldnt help much. Go read the walkthrough if you still have it.

Hi,

You have 3 switches, one in a tower, one next to the Giant spider and one in a cave. Don't cheat, there's an anticheat feature!

I added some dialogue lines for next version as I agree it's not obvious.

Save often!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah sorry, I finally found out where the third switch is, its in a cave like halfway down from the mountain's circular path.

I have to say, there are like 3 doors that all say it leads to the cave (forgot the name), and 2 of them are barred and wont let me in...kind of confusing I had to tcl and run up higgghhh in the sky to spot all of the entrances...why are they there if you can't open them?

Anyway, go in the cave door that isn't barred, make sure you have a torch or something to light your way, and the cave itself is pretty straightforward. Read the walkthrough if you keep dying XD

Good luck!

Is "The Nest" the name of the cave I need to go in? Because if it is, I always go through that cave. I hit the gate switch at the end of it, and then I go activate the one next to the giant spider and the one in the tower. The gates still don't open though. Is there a way to progress the level through the use of console commands?

Try to approach the gates when you have triggered all the levers.

I had already tried that, but still nothing. Is there a possible mod conflict or something like that? I don't have any mods that alter the Oblivion planes at all, so I don't think it would be that.

• 1 year later...

I fear that I may of initated this anti-cheat feature and seriously boned myself here

I missread the guide and triggered only two switches I think, I didn't notice any gates opening so I figured it was a bug and clipped my way through the gate and "completed" the quest but left the island realm without any silk and unable to turn it in to claudia...

Normally I'd just go back and re-do it but in my frustration I decided to go play some of the regular game and have now gained quite a bit of progress that I'd rather not toss if possible...

Is there some command to just give myself the silk or to autocomplete the quest? I went through the effort and I rather not of wasted 4+ hours of effort S:

It could also just be a legit bug in which case that would be great to fix too

UPDATE:

Tried to go back to  an older save to get a headstart if things were bad, but it turns out I did, in fact activate all three switches without the gates opening! So that may or may not also be a bug (Just ran from enemies, too low leveled to manage to fight them)

It could be said then that the major bug here is only that I did not recieve any silk and don't have a dialogue option to advance the quest

Went to upload saves but it seems I am not allowed to attach .ess and .obse files?

Decided to use the above address instead and email them.

(I hope other mods not being installed won't be an issue? I've had no problems before with other mods that I didn't already fix)

I did walk up to the gates and activate them even, but no dice

I cannot stress enough the importance of not having to go back, I managed to complete most of the entire dark brotherhood questline whilst waiting and it would really suck to have to re-do all that.

But if it comes to that I understand D:

I received an email from a @???.us so I supposed it was you? I tested and everything is ok with your game. Claudia can't go on because you need Michelle but Michelle is too busy with Sarah... 

So maybe you should ask the boss of the hotel to hire extra hands...

Cheers!

Archived