CTD After Sex Scenes

I'm not sure if it's a memory issue or what, but for a while I was able to initiate scenes without issue, now all of the sudden the game crashes every time after the sex scene ends. I could be running at 30 fps (which, sadly, is about as good as I can do with my machine in most cases), with no signs of lag, and then as soon as the scene ends the game crashes to desk top. It doesn't matter if I'm in an interior space, or outside, it always crashes after the scene is finished. I did some poking around on the internet and found some old threads on here from 2014 about it being an issue with SexLab Submit, but the problem with that is, I don't have that mod installed in my game, and things were working fine before.

Any hints on how I might be able to troubleshoot this issue would be appreciated.

Archived