Negative reputation

Carabosse

If you have the need to talk shout about something, you should hit a button that makes you type out fully realized response instead of a passive aggressive drive-by snipe button.

Kind of like this one:

I've seen people repeatedly give reputation in my mod topic and never comment. They don't give reputation for every comment or suggestion I make but many have been there doing it for months and months. I don't know what things they didn't agree with, did they not give reputation because they disagreed? Were they on holiday?

They might have good reason for not wanting to comment, they might just be too shy.

I would value their opinions if they disagreed. I wouldn't necessarily action them or be obligated to.  If I saw someone constantly disagreeing then I'd probably disregard their opinions altogether. We don't need to be coddled.

I've seen people repeatedly give reputation in my mod topic and never comment. They don't give reputation for every comment or suggestion I make but many have been there doing it for months and months. I don't know what things they didn't agree with, did they not give reputation because they disagreed? Were they on holiday?

They might have good reason for not wanting to comment, they might just be too shy.

I would value their opinions if they disagreed. I wouldn't necessarily action them or be obligated to.  If I saw someone constantly disagreeing then I'd probably disregard their opinions altogether. We don't need to be coddled.

I personally hit the like or up button if I generally agree with what has been stated in one form or another and don't have something to add to the conversation.

Not sure if that is how others use it but I generally from my own uploads and comments see it as pretty close. If you get a like then they liked it or at least accepted the statement and didn't have anything else to say. Those comments without likes were fine medium comments and those that got a negative response like many here posting about your suggestion is just that strong enough to get a response.

You can start a poll for your mods and get the info you desire. Not perfect but does the job pretty well and has been used by many other authors in the past.

Polls, I don't like polls. People keep saying polls, I alluded to my opinion on polls in the opening post and then I further explained why I don't like polls and why I don't consider them suitable for what I had in mind in a later comment. In a topic where I am making excuses for members laziness, I can only, thank you?

I personally hit the like or up button if I generally agree with what has been stated in one form or another and don't have something to add to the conversation.

That's where I am too.

I'll avoid hitting the LIKE button if the post says something I agree with and something I disagree with, or if my general feeling is just "meh."

Polls, I don't like polls. People keep saying polls, I alluded to my opinion on polls in the opening post and then I further explained why I don't like polls and why I don't consider them suitable for what I had in mind in a later comment. In a topic where I am making excuses for members laziness, I can only, thank you?

Have you ever considered using polls? Okay, that's me being a troll... sorry. ;)

Here's an example of how I imagined it.

I suggest an idea like in my mod having sex with ghouls will be prohibited. I come back later and overwhelmingly I see that people are against that. That might make me change course on that, either remove the prohibition or make it story appropriate that that can happen but has a possibility of a negative effect.

Just quick responses to ideas that will help shape the course of a mod.

It's not about how randomly opinionated people on the forum feel about themselves. I don;t care so much about that to be honest.

OK, let's stop there.

Take your time to read rule 1: "The biggest and most important thing of this community, is that the modders come first. They are the ones who make this community worth coming to, they are the ones enabling you to even play these mods.  Meaning if you don't like the way a mod is going, don't be a jerk about it, they can take the mod in whatever direction they want. Don't like it? Then make your own release and put the work in yourself. Find a bug or issue that needs to be fixed? Don't be a jerk about it and raise your concerns and feedback in a constructive manner."

Using "negative reputation" or any other name you wanna call it is going against rule 1.

You can post your advises and requests. But don't be a jerk (Rule 2)

And with that, the topic is Locked.

Archived