Ready to give up on MO??

Afro68

I'm still learning the ropes to modding skyrim and I've heard damn near everyone say MO is better than NMM. After trying for days and getting things working right, when I add SLAL to MO and run FNIS then play my game when I go back into MO my FNIS files are merged with the top file not highlighted and my overwrite moves up to priority one. I've followed the FNIS video for MO and had it working great it was only when I added the SLAL pack things went haywire and I couldn't even uninstall and reinstall FNIS. There was no way to recover it and in frustration I deleted and got ready to start over and I'm sorry that my anger couldn't give a screenshot of what I mean.

Going out on a limb, as I am not sure what you mean, but try this on for size:

At the bottom, to the right of the ">> Filter" button, there is a drop down menu.

It should read "No Groups."

If it reads "Nexus IDs" it will do horrible things to your previously nicely organized layout, and group stuff like FNIS together as well as move Overwrite to the top of the list. It won't actually break anything though, just look really messy and perhaps prevent you from changing load order properly. Just switch it back to "No Groups" and all is well again.

If it reads "Categories" it will group things according to how you added them to categories, which can be useful for oversight once in a while.

Going out on a limb, as I am not sure what you mean, but try this on for size:

At the bottom, to the right of the ">> Filter" button, there is a drop down menu.

It should read "No Groups."

If it reads "Nexus IDs" it will do horrible things to your previously nicely organized layout, and group stuff like FNIS together as well as move Overwrite to the top of the list. It won't actually break anything though, just look really messy and perhaps prevent you from changing load order properly. Just switch it back to "No Groups" and all is well again.

If it reads "Categories" it will group things according to how you added them to categories, which can be useful for oversight once in a while.

I gotta run our for a minute but I'll try that and see what I get once I reinstall. 

Edit I just did a basic install of just minimal mods and it said no groups and fnis went crazy again in MO. I give up and I'll just go back to NMM. After a week of trying I give up.

Archived