So I've ported yet another equipment for Mia from her original outfit in Fallout 3/NV

This one is a bit different , its a goggles/eyeglass/eyewear type. I did everything in outfit studio properly added bones , didn't forget build skin partitions, even made sure its aligned on fallout 4's head mesh using OS.

However once I equip it in game it doesn't show up on my character.

post-8123-0-52584400-1459936644_thumb.png post-8123-0-97456800-1459936653_thumb.png

Any Ideas?

MiaGoggles.zip

Don't use the facebones.nif or whatever to copy bones/weights from. Use the regular female or male head.nif

There ...fixed.

attachicon.gifMiaGoggles.7z

That's what I did the first time , then they still didn't show up so i tried facebones, then i tried to use the bones of rad-ban mod, no success, to how you did it I have no idea how you made it to show up.

Can you explain :)

Also THANK YOOOOOUUU SO MUCH :D

Exported .obj from nifscope, imported the basefemalehead.nif as a reference to OS and than the goggles as an outfit. Scaled it down,copied weights from the headnif and exported nif with no reference. Than again in nifscope to spells-->optimize --> remove bogus nodes , save and done.

Exported .obj from nifscope, imported the basefemalehead.nif as a reference to OS and than the goggles as an outfit. Scaled it down,copied weights from the headnif and exported nif with no reference. Than again in nifscope to spells-->optimize --> remove bogus nodes , save and done.

Yep i have used you're mesh and i have tried the method you said, still won't show up in game when worn.

Is it because i didn't set a .BGEM effect in fo4edit? NV and fo3 meshes don't have speculars so i left the BGEM blank and only put in material BGSM.

The nif i made doesn't render in game?

BGEM material files is to be used with BSEffectShaderProperty and 99% of the cases it has to do with partial transparency, like for example glass lenses. BGSM material files can do transparency that cannot be regulated via the diffuse texture alpha channel.

edit: just tested it and it renders fine, so not sure what you meant. Maybe the material path in the nif is wrong?

BGEM material files is to be used with BSEffectShaderProperty and 99% of the cases it has to do with partial transparency, like for example glass lenses. BGSM material files can do transparency that cannot be regulated via the diffuse texture alpha channel.

edit: just tested it and it renders fine, so not sure what you meant. Maybe the material path in the nif is wrong?

material file of nif is setup correctly, when i use it on outfit studio it renders with texture.

maybe the esp of the goggles itself that i made.

Yep doesn't show up,

here take a look.

Mia Goggles.zip

material file of nif is setup correctly, when i use it on outfit studio it renders with texture.

Yep doesn't show up,

here take a look.

attachicon.gifMia Goggles.zip

Ok, 1st of all your case almost drove me nuts and i still haven't figured what exactly was wrong. In any case... your material file had errors (the U was unchecked and also you needed to check alpha test for transparency). In your esp there was a material swap that was wrong (changing from and to materials was the same) and unnecessary. In any case i've converted one of my own esps because like i said i didn't know what was the issue and tried various things. I think that, what fixed it, was changing the path for the mesh, from ...armor/mia    to clothes/mia/miagoggles . Anyway it works fine now , and it is also craftable at the chem workbench (as well as the scarf).

Have fun

Mia Goggles v2.7z

Edit: also fixed the textures... in FO4 the normal maps do not use an alpha channel.

Yep doesn't show up,

here take a look.

Ok, 1st of all your case almost drove me nuts and i still haven't figured what exactly was wrong. In any case... your material file had errors (the U was unchecked and also you needed to check alpha test for transparency). In your esp there was a material swap that was wrong (changing from and to materials was the same) and unnecessary. In any case i've converted one of my own esps because like i said i didn't know what was the issue and tried various things. I think that, what fixed it, was changing the path for the mesh, from ...armor/mia    to clothes/mia/miagoggles . Anyway it works fine now , and it is also craftable at the chem workbench (as well as the scarf).

Have fun

attachicon.gifMia Goggles v2.7z

Edit: also fixed the textures... in FO4 the normal maps do not use an alpha channel.

Thank you very much :) Seriously, like so much!

I fucking suck with fallout 4, mainly because coming right out the bat from fallout 3/nv and a little bit skyrim, had blank knowledge when i tackled this.

Heck it took me 1 week to port mia's clothes and thats with the help of and guide of 2pac4eva7 already

Yep doesn't show up,

here take a look.

Have fun

attachicon.gifMia Goggles v2.7z

Thank you very much :) Seriously, like so much!

I fucking suck with fallout 4, mainly because coming right out the bat from fallout 3/nv and a little bit skyrim, had blank knowledge when i tackled this.

Heck it took me 1 week to port mia's clothes and thats with the help of and guide of 2pac4eva7 already

You're welcome. Btw i think i forgot to delete my nexus handle from the esp header (in case you plan on uploading somewhere). And yeah 2pac is cool ;)

You're welcome. Btw i think i forgot to delete my nexus handle from the esp header. And yeah 2pac is cool ;)

Thank again very much. Nah its ok :)

yeah hes so awesome he literally spent and took the time on how to guide and help me with it.

Also theres a new 200mb patch for fallout 4 O_O

Heres the outfit outcome :

i'ma take screens of it havent tested the googles yet

UpeXipL.jpg

Here she is from Fo3/NV

MAQjKTT.jpg

I'm so happy shes officially in fo4 now,

Thanks to you guys. :)

BlackShades

2pac4eva7

fo4mischairstyle author for helping me and giving the time with hair conversion

Now to find an enb to match the original coloring