The Manipulator

Guest ffabris

ffabris - I just want to say how much I'm thrilled with NPC Racemenu cosmetics... Maaaaan, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Manipulator mod is one of my favorite mods. Thanks for making it. :)

Most welcome!  very glad you like it. :)

I have a question, is it  possible to use Racemenu to change the hair on an NPC in game or would you end up with the grey face bug?

It isn't possible, no, sorry. Manipulator calls RaceMenu directly, so what you see if what RaceMenu allows. And that, in turn, doesn't allow changing face or hair because, yes,you would get the grey face issue.

• 2 weeks later...

this mod  doesn't work for me at all, it doesn't even come up in the MCM. 

Then you installed it and didn't activate it in your load order, or you haven't waited long enough for the MCM to update, or your papyrus load is too heavy and is preventing SkyUI from running the code to update the MCM.  Usually, all you need to do when you add a new mod with an MCM is to go into the menu then immediately leave and (for me) the MCM will be added within 10 seconds.  There are ways to kickstart the MCM update:  Jaxonz Kickstarter mod or use a console command - you'll have to look it up yourself, I've never had to use it so I don't know it.

Guest ffabris

Try the suggestions srayesmanll gave above. I think the posts in this thread show that the mod does work - for the majority anyway. So whatever problem you have, is most likely specific to you.

Might be a mod conflict, but I honestly can't see how anything could conflict with this.

ffabris - there is a problem with Race menu feature in the mod. It doesn't remember settings for NPC. For instance: I set my follower's height to 1.03 and head size to 0.97. The mod accept changes until I reload the game. After loading the last save, it returns setting to default. I check this problem with 3 various NPCs and 3 new games.

ffabris - there is a problem with Race menu feature in the mod. It doesn't remember settings for NPC. For instance: I set my follower's height to 1.03 and head size to 0.97. The mod accept changes until I reload the game. After loading the last save, it returns setting to default. I check this problem with 3 various NPCs and 3 new games.

That functionality always seems to work for me and persists between game loads (reloading in-game, or quitting and starting a new one).  Now I never adjust height, but the other changes (boobs (of course), tats, etc) seem to be fine whether applied to followers (through EFF which is the same functionality) or using Manipulator on non-follower NPCs.  Remember that the functionality comes strictly from RaceMenu, not Manipulator (and is used in EFF).  M just creates an interface to access it, but the functionality is strictly from RM (through UIExtensions).  Do other changes (tats, boobs, etc) stick?  Is is just a height issue (and head size)?  I know there are race mods that adjust the height of the races (I use Disparity) and it's possible that the race mod is resetting the height.

That functionality always seems to work for me and persists between game loads (reloading in-game, or quitting and starting a new one).  Now I never adjust height, but the other changes (boobs (of course), tats, etc) seem to be fine whether applied to followers (through EFF which is the same functionality) or using Manipulator on non-follower NPCs.  Remember that the functionality comes strictly from RaceMenu, not Manipulator (and is used in EFF).  M just creates an interface to access it, but the functionality is strictly from RM (through UIExtensions).  Do other changes (tats, boobs, etc) stick?  Is is just a height issue (and head size)?  I know there are race mods that adjust the height of the races (I use Disparity) and it's possible that the race mod is resetting the height.

Thanks for the answer. I'm using Race menu and I don't touch anything else but NPC's height and head size. I do not know why Race menu or whatever program resetting it to default after reloading the game.

I don't have any other mod for editing NPCs in the game but Race menu from manipulator.

Thanks for the answer. I'm using Race menu and I don't touch anything else but NPC's height and head size. I do not know why Race menu or whatever program resetting it to default after reloading the game.

I don't have any other mod for editing NPCs in the game but Race menu from manipulator.

I'm not thinking so much a mod for "editing NPCs" that is conflicting, but a mod that applies changes to races.  For example, I use Disparity which alters the heights of all of the standard races, adjusting them to (supposedly) more "lore-friendly" standards.  It could be that a mod like that is resetting the NPC hts to the it's own defaults on reload.  Doubt it, but a possibility.  Again, since I don't adjust the height normally through RM (either through EFF for followers or Manipulator for other NPCs) I really have no clue about whether the ht changes remain, but I do know that tats, bone scaling, etc do persist between loads.  Try to adjust something other than ht for an NPC as a test (add tat, make the biceps way out of proportion so it's obvious, knee-shooter boobs, etc) and see if these other changes persist.  If they do, then I would look for any mods in your load order that might affect ht.  If nothing persists, then I am not sure.  I know from other posts that you've had some odd issues recently, so maybe related to those?

Guest ffabris

Just to add ... Manipulator doesn't (and can't) remember changes made via RaceMenu. It has no way of accessing the data.

I think srayesmanll covered the rest very nicely - thank you. :)

Side note: I am revisiting this mod with a view to adding a few more functions. But while at it, I will also be changing the json file format. Hopefully, I will also be able to do an update function so your saved info isn't lost. That's my work plan for today.

Guest ffabris

Thank you ffabris. This "Manipulator doesn't (and can't) remember changes made via RaceMenu." is all I needed to know. :)

Welcome :)

Probably no, and no.

Though, that first might be a probably yes... the sliders from that mod might already be available in racemenu with a different body or skeleton type, I'm not sure which controls that.

Anything that is, or is not, in racemenu is not controlled or helped by this mod though, so you'll have to ask in Racemenu threads or on the postings for that mod. All Manipulator does is give you a hotkey to call racemenu on the NPC. Also remember there are some things you cannot change on an npc live in game so some of what you want will be flat out impossible.

Guest ffabris

Just a heads up ... I'm working on an update to this, after a bit of a break. One major new feature which some have requested. Plus a revamped config file format, which is more leggible and flexible. Stay tuned. :)

Guest ffabris

4.0 is up ...

• Changed: Changed the json save file format; thus the latest PapyrusUtil or SexLab is required. (Thanks to CPU for the help, advice, and not slapping me when I made dumb mistakes.)
  • Note: If updating from an older version, when you install this mod, it will automatically upgrade your config file to the new format. The new file is saved in a different location. So once the update is complete, you can delete the folder: ...Data/SKSE/Plugins/StorageUtilData/Manipulator/ - the new location is: ...Data/SKSE/Plugins/Manipulator/
  • New: Added a panel: "Friend Factions". Here you can make yourself part of a number of factions which are normally enemies, thus preventing them from attacking you. Followers will also not be attacked. This info is saved to the config file, is automagically reloaded on a new game. Works nicely together with One With Nature. Using these options WILL break your game! Also, this adds Dawnguard and Dragonborn as requirements.
  • New: NPCs added to your harem will now save to the config file, along with most settings in the Harem panel. This info can then be reloaded (Info & Data Load panel) when you start a new game. (Note: Only if harem markers have been set!)
  • New: Setting to strip the courier ;-)
  • New: Setting to prevent the "attacks" by the Student and the Challenger (they've always annoyed me, so I did something about them).
  • Changed: Load NPC Data has been moved to the Info & Data Load panel.

Do you disable the Student and Challenger random encounters or just the attack part of them?

Does adding the PC to bandit or warlock etc factions cause guards to attack the PC? Going to guess no, as you only mention no attacks in dungeons.

Guest ffabris

Do you disable the Student and Challenger random encounters or just the attack part of them?

Does adding the PC to bandit or warlock etc factions cause guards to attack the PC? Going to guess no, as you only mention no attacks in dungeons.

The random encounter always leads to the "attack" (well, the student just wants training, but he's still a nuisance - IMHO).

Guards won't attack you if you're in BanditFaction.

I have to say, it is almost eerie to go into a dungeon and have skeletons and draugr and what not, just ... walking around. LOL When I first tested, I had to resist the urge to attack. :D

There was a mod on the nexus, I think down now, master of disguise or similar, that let you do something similar for some factions.

With bandit chiefs, draugr lords and master vampires friendly, we'll need a companion mod or an addon for radiant prostitution that doles out quests to visit them for one reason or another. Either Strip-o-grams, kill-o-grams (fight your way out)? or some kind of fetch and carry, especially for the named leaders (I just went through Mzinchaleft, but Maluril wasn't there since I wasn't on the DB assassin quest).

Guest ffabris

There was a mod on the nexus, I think down now, master of disguise or similar, that let you do something similar for some factions.

With bandit chiefs, draugr lords and master vampires friendly, we'll need a companion mod or an addon for radiant prostitution that doles out quests to visit them for one reason or another. Either Strip-o-grams, kill-o-grams (fight your way out)? or some kind of fetch and carry, especially for the named leaders (I just went through Mzinchaleft, but Maluril wasn't there since I wasn't on the DB assassin quest).

Haha... that might be fun, yeah. ;) I used the same brute force approach to this as I did for Pearl Juice ... it isn't elegant, but it does the job, and that's what matters... I think.

Guest ffabris

OK, so, one side-effect of enabling all friend factions:you'll be attacked by vigilants. I'll see if adding that faction to be list will prevent that.

Thanks for the update ffabris. So, if i understood correctly; the new version will save the changes I make in Race Menu cosmetics in MCM menu and will reload them on reloading the game?

OK, so, one side-effect of enabling all friend factions:you'll be attacked by vigilants. I'll see if adding that faction to be list will prevent that.

I would check the faction reaction lists and see which factions they might hate the most.

I would be willing to bet werewolves would be one. Even with the Workshop mod to make shifting into a werewolf friendly, some vigilants will still attack me. If that is the only culprit, may just be best to say "don't be a werewolf unless you are a werewolf"

Guest ffabris

Thanks for the update ffabris. So, if i understood correctly; the new version will save the changes I make in Race Menu cosmetics in MCM menu and will reload them on reloading the game?

Nooooo.... there is no way of saving changes done in RaceMenu, as I said in this thread a few times. It just cannot be done.

I would check the faction reaction lists and see which factions they might hate the most.

I would be willing to bet werewolves would be one. Even with the Workshop mod to make shifting into a werewolf friendly, some vigilants will still attack me. If that is the only culprit, may just be best to say "don't be a werewolf unless you are a werewolf"

Adding Vigilants to the factions you can be added to, fixed the problem. Again, messy but it works. If I ever get super masochistic, I might be it the elegant way, like One With Nature does, but that's a crap-ton of work. So if messy-but-simple works reasonably well, it will stay that way. :D

If there is urgent demand for the Vigilants fix, I can upload it. Otherwise I'll wait a bit and see if any other issues crop up.