Tropical Skyrim: AceeQ vs Soolie

soljer13

Soolie's Tropical Skyrim or AceeQ's Tropical Skyrim? Which one do you guys think is better/recommend? I'm just tired of seeing the same locals in Skyrim, and im hoping that with this plus people of skyrim (hope it works with these) and japanese voice acting I won't get tired of seeing the same stuff over and over.

Aceeq's runs smoother but are more prone to CTD.

Soolie's just slows down thou there is addons to solve much of it's problem.

Best, if we can fins and fix why Aceeq's ctd from time to time I say that win but Soolie's are more complete with things like new textures on armors and such.

None of them properly handle Solstheim and Aceeq's weather cpntrol fails with snow still falling in Solstheim and northern Skyrim.

Mmh, I still have that mod. Everyone's experience is different. I liked Soolie's version, while you're at it, you should try out the predator mod (and also Gopher's predator vision on top of it), it really fits with the overhaul and you'd have a very different experience.  I roleplayed the shit out of TS, but there were some things I did not like:

• The blue raptors (It just really broke the immersion to me...an optional retexture resembling a real raptor would have been nice), made me feel like I was having a bad trip every time I encountered one.
  • The trees. They pissed me off, in many areas, they seemed to be placed any and everywhere, and it also became increasingly difficult to see (especially at night), I literally had to use the map so I could find my way around excluding the desert area around Whiterun. I've never been in a rainforest, but it didn't feel like one to me, they didn't feel properly placed. I wonder if he referenced to actual tropical climates or not.
  • Not all the armors were converted to a more tropical feel as far as I remember besides the hide and fur armors.
  • That loading screen...
  • Lack of an audio overhaul (including music) that could have really set the tone, but it's best to play with the music off as it just doesn't fit. 

Visually speaking, it doesn't look like skyrim, but once you start playing...certain stuff just seems out of place (that's if you care for immersion). I only can imagine how Dragons look in that climate, and how difficult it may be fighting them as well. I was playing the Rigmor of Bruma mod, so I never started the main quest, so I can't say. There's a lot of things that could be improved in my opinion for me to play with it again (though that won't happen, it being updated I mean), but all in all it's a good mod if you're tired of the winter atmosphere or just want to try something different... it's by far the best world overhaul out there. As far as ACeeQ's version, I haven't tried it. I don't really intend to unless the cons from Soolie's version are fixed, I may track it though. The lack of suitable armor mods for that particular climate though put me off as well. Throw in revamped armor, music that fits the climate and believable wild life... I'll be excited to try it, I just don't see enough that can grab my attention. Have you tested either yet? 

• The blue raptors (It just really broke the immersion to me...an optional retexture resembling a real raptor would have been nice), made me feel like I was having a bad trip every time I encountered one.
  • The trees. They pissed me off, in many areas, they seemed to be placed any and everywhere, and it also became increasingly difficult to see (especially at night), I literally had to use the map so I could find my way around excluding the desert area around Whiterun. I've never been in a rainforest, but it didn't feel like one to me, they didn't feel properly placed. I wonder if he referenced to actual tropical climates or not.
  • Not all the armors were converted to a more tropical feel as far as I remember besides the hide and fur armors.
  • That loading screen...
  • Lack of an audio overhaul (including music) that could have really set the tone, but it's best to play with the music off as it just doesn't fit. 

Visually speaking, it doesn't look like skyrim, but once you start playing...certain stuff just seems out of place (that's if you care for immersion). I only can imagine how Dragons look in that climate, and how difficult it may be fighting them as well. I was playing the Rigmor of Bruma mod, so I never started the main quest, so I can't say. There's a lot of things that could be improved in my opinion for me to play with it again (though that won't happen, it being updated I mean), but all in all it's a good mod if you're tired of the winter atmosphere or just want to try something different... it's by far the best world overhaul out there. As far as ACeeQ's version, I haven't tried it. I don't really intend to unless the cons from Soolie's version are fixed, I may track it though. The lack of suitable armor mods for that particular climate though put me off as well. Throw in revamped armor, music that fits the climate and believable wild life... I'll be excited to try it, I just don't see enough that can grab my attention. Have you tested either yet? 

Tropical Skyrim 2 actually get's rid of the Raptors and tidied up the trees a bit. There is also the Tropical Skyrim optimizer which cuts down the trees even more. It still looks tropical but doesn't over do it to the point where you can't see.

Only the Fur of armors was changes to be more... Tigery I guess. Since the original mod did away with Wolves and replaces Bears with Pandas I guess Tigers made more sense.

There is a mod that makes the Bandits, Imperials and Stormcloaks wear I little less (Sometimes remove Helmets and Gauntlets) and another that makes the Skaal people where fur armors instead of there Snow Gear.

@sshadow501

Interesting, that does sound more reasonable. If I was an experienced modder and had the patience, I'd create new armors and such for it. The thing when it comes to overhauls is, it's not a true overhaul unless everything is changed. That's like saying you overhauled your house, only the exterior looks different, but the interior is the same as before... it's not complete. The weapons as well would need to be re-done with an exotic appeal, magic (think voodoo and witchcraft) should become way more prominent than it is and enemy designs/behavior.

I think a great game to reference from in terms of world design would be Peter Jackson's King Kong: Official Game of The Movie which had an authentic jungle atmosphere. If you ever watched the movie, the natives of Skull Island were spooky as hell, the Forsworn have NOTHING on those natives, they're not frightening at all, they're just breton bandits in tarzan clothing. I'd rather have many gameplay mechanics, lore and quests expanded on and improved before using a world overhaul which would seem like the icing on the cake. Because my thing is, I love skyrim's atmosphere, I just dislike the lack of depth in various aspects. So something like a visual overhaul doesn't do much for me in the end. Something like that can be possible if a whole team was behind it, but probably impossible with only one person.

But I'll definitely look into it whenever I decide to use the predator mod (and actually play as the Yautja) for a play-through, I can see some massive roleplaying with those two mods combined. So it's good for something new. 

Archived