LF Scripting class 101. Need directions.

Hi there loverslab. I'll cut this short.

I'm looking for the most basic scripting tutorials for Skyrim. Starting from the lowest possible point, like a "Hello World!" introduction.
I've looked around the net but keep getting directed to "modding setup" guides (on how to install mods) or youtube creation kit tutorials. I probably should pick the second option. The thing is, these tutorials allways start with completly unrelated data about content I have no interest in, It really feels like a long long road, so that at some point maybe it takes a turn and actually gives me what I want, the "how to script" tutorials.

What I really want is to make my own attempt at a wear and tear mod that hooks into sex animations, creatures and actually gives the player some feedback, basically what Sexlab Mortality does, but with the possibility of triggering custom animations (I can sort of animate). I really don't think it's much work, because Mortality has source scripts within it for anyone interested in continuing it, and they don't seen that big. But at the momment, I'm just clueless when I look at it.

Won't make any promises since I'm among the few people out there with the least will power to carry one with anything. But who knoes, maybe it aint that hard.

Starting with the creation kit tutorials is always something you should do getting into modding. Learning scripting is like learning a language, so take notes as you go. You can of course look through what other people have done as far as scripting goes. I would definitely take a look at CPU's guide there, as well as at the very least set up the software you will be using to identify the scripting language (Notepad++ and what have you).

Thanks a lot, this is precisely what I was looking for. (really, literaly, it even as a Hello World example.)

Starting with the creation kit tutorials is always something you should do getting into modding. Learning scripting is like learning a language, so take notes as you go. You can of course look through what other people have done as far as scripting goes. I would definitely take a look at CPU's guide there, as well as at the very least set up the software you will be using to identify the scripting language (Notepad++ and what have you).

Thanks. I understand I'll have to deal with the whole of Creation Kit eventually.

Archived