needing help with something...maybe nifscope?

the only problem i have with this is very minor. i'd like to see it "fixed" eventually if possible. i'd do it myself but don't know how. when equipping the cowl it removes my hdt weapon sling. it seems they occupy the same slot. darth vader in skyrim has 2 or 3 different items that cover the head area and neither share the same slot as the hdt weapon sling. if the cowl can occupy a different slot and not remove the hdt weapon sling this mod would be perfect!!!!!!!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18077/?

if someone could show me how to fix this problem that would be most awesome! thanks!

Change the record in TES5Edit.
Open up TES5Edit, just load everything. Find that mod's esp file, click on it. Open up Armor or Armor Addon drop down, look for the item you want to change, click on that record, look for BOD2 - Biped Body Template. If the "Armor" record doesn't have a value, check Armor Addon and vice versa.

post-669090-0-36983800-1457916305_thumb.png

(Example record, not actually from the mod you listed)

Right click that value, click edit, uncheck the slot it's on, change it to a different one. Probably best to check what slot your hdt sling takes first using the same process, just without changing the value.

ONLY save the changes made to that Mod. Just in case you did anything by accident.

ok. in following your directions it made the cowls invisible. inventory showed them equipped but there was nothing to see but my character's face.

after seeing those results i went back into TES5edit put the death dealer values back to default and changed the hdt sling. that did the trick. i can now use both. thanks for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

unfortunately, that was a one time only fix. for some reason that i am unable to pinpoint, the sling and cowl are once again incompatible. i've changed the slot destination of the sling numerous times with the same result. equipping the cowl kicks the sling and vice versa. i'd really like to get this problem solved permanently and not just a fluke one time.

Archived