Current standard for UNPB+HDT?

Sorenant

I'm can usually find information and troubleshoot myself but this time my google-fu failed me and it seems I can only find outdated or unrelated articles and I need help.

What's the current standard for UNPB body with HDT breasts?

I'm confused between this approach using BodySlide, HDT and HDT Breast And Butt Physics and this one which, according to my investigation, uses HDT Bounce and Jiggles UNP meshes and HDT files. At first I followed the latter but found some problems like gap on wrist/ankle and figured out breast collision wouldn't be much use for me so I retried using Shinji's method. It's working nicely but I wonder if this is the best method? BodySlide, which mine is newer (3.2) than the one in the video (2.5), came with it's own "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" but using that one makes breasts and butts behave unrealistically, so I kept the independent one (though it still bounces too much even using the loremonger version, is there a better alternative?).

Edit: Googling around I found that these files are simply called "XML" around here (I know it's the format name, but thought it had some fancy name along the lines of "bounce config files") and also this one that I'm testing now and seems nice.

Go for Bazinga's file - the name "Naturalistic XMLs for HDT PE" is well chosen.

Besides that, and you already mentioned it but I'd like to pronounce it a little bit further: once the meshes are bound to the XML files, they will react to the artificial gravity HDT creates. The meshes themselves can be altered manually or via bodyslide - it matters not. And it doesn't even matter how old the meshes are. If you like the original UNPB most, download them and add the lines via nifskope to the files.

Point is: easiest way to get a very decent result is Bodyslide, and in your case a good set of XML files with reduced bouncing effect. All in the DL section. You put a lot of effort in research, I grant you that. But please believe me when I say that finding the right setup takes much less effort :).

I would like to add a following question with regard to question already asked by Sorenant;

Current standard for UNPB+HDT, plus option to manually tweak weapon positions, weapon size, body parts size for RaceMenu? So how to set up a proper HDT skeleton that allows possibility to use all other HDT mods, that allows possibility to tweak weapon positions and weapon scale, and that allows ingame "showracemenu" body parts tweaking with racemenu mod?

It is getting too difficult to track what is compatible with what. Or I'm just a noobie that fails to understand it. :)

Go for Bazinga's file - the name "Naturalistic XMLs for HDT PE" is well chosen.

Besides that, and you already mentioned it but I'd like to pronounce it a little bit further: once the meshes are bound to the XML files, they will react to the artificial gravity HDT creates. The meshes themselves can be altered manually or via bodyslide - it matters not. And it doesn't even matter how old the meshes are. If you like the original UNPB most, download them and add the lines via nifskope to the files.

Point is: easiest way to get a very decent result is Bodyslide, and in your case a good set of XML files with reduced bouncing effect. All in the DL section. You put a lot of effort in research, I grant you that. But please believe me when I say that finding the right setup takes much less effort smile.png.

Thanks for mentioning Bazinga's xml. I've tested it but unfortunately found it too bouncy and kept "my body is not jello".

Regarding the body, I'm relieved I'm doing it right. I thought BodySlider would be harder to use but after using it a few times I'm realizing it was a misconception and that it's quite easy to use, excellent.

I would like to add a following question with regard to question already asked by Sorenant;

Current standard for UNPB+HDT, plus option to manually tweak weapon positions, weapon size, body parts size for RaceMenu? So how to set up a proper HDT skeleton that allows possibility to use all other HDT mods, that allows possibility to tweak weapon positions and weapon scale, and that allows ingame "showracemenu" body parts tweaking with racemenu mod?

It is getting too difficult to track what is compatible with what. Or I'm just a noobie that fails to understand it. :)

There is only one skeleton that should fit your requirements: Groovtamas "continuation" (more of a complete overhaul and improvement) of the XP32 skeleton. There is nothing else. Demonica might use its skeleton, but I'm not sure on that. So for the optical pleasure of UNPB HDT you have to use Bodyslide (unless you can recreate or are considering to disregard the HDT vagina).

And for the more PVE related requirements you might check the racemenu thread here on the forum. Weapon scale can be altered both by the skeleton, and racemenu. Never tested it, to be honest. But maybe those mods already can deliver what you are looking for.

Regarding the body, I'm relieved I'm doing it right. I thought BodySlider would be harder to use but after using it a few times I'm realizing it was a misconception and that it's quite easy to use, excellent.

Thanks for mentioning Bazinga's xml. I've tested it but unfortunately found it too bouncy and kept "my body is not jello".

Happy to be of service. Do you know "JFF - just for fun"? You can alter the XML files by this tiny tool - check the DL section. Mod / file is from Monstro Burkes. Might give you the extra kick to fine-tune the "my body is not jello" file.

Happy to be of service. Do you know "JFF - just for fun"? You can alter the XML files by this tiny tool - check the DL section. Mod / file is from Monstro Burkes. Might give you the extra kick to fine-tune the "my body is not jello" file.

I have noticed it's existence but chose not to delve in it for now because I'm still getting the hang of it. But because BodySlider was also something I thought would be way more complicated to use, I might try JFF sooner than I thought.

Archived