HDT Colision Problem

Hello!

I'm new with HDT. Do you have a quick guide how to configure the collision effects? The problem is that the HDT hair colides with BBP and doesn't stop to shaking. How to solve?

Easiest way to configure HDT Stuff is when you use JFF4 (Found here on Loverslab). You can open the different xml with it (found in data/skse/plugins/).

You can tweak some settings, or (I think easier for you) disable the unwanted collisions at all.

When you open the xml for the hair, at the bottom there are different numbers that can be checked or unchecked. The numbers are the "group" for the bone. You can see the group used for this bone in dropdown above the numbers.

So breasts are usually "2". Hair "15-17".

I don't have any collision enabled hair so I can't double-check. But if the hair comes with his own xml you can check there the "2" to disable collision with everything with this group.

Hello!

I'm new with HDT. Do you have a quick guide how to configure the collision effects? The problem is that the HDT hair colides with BBP and doesn't stop to shaking. How to solve?

Easiest way to configure HDT Stuff is when you use JFF4 (Found here on Loverslab). You can open the different xml with it (found in data/skse/plugins/).

You can tweak some settings, or (I think easier for you) disable the unwanted collisions at all.

When you open the xml for the hair, at the bottom there are different numbers that can be checked or unchecked. The numbers are the "group" for the bone. You can see the group used for this bone in dropdown above the numbers.

So breasts are usually "2". Hair "15-17".

I don't have any collision enabled hair so I can't double-check. But if the hair comes with his own xml you can check there the "2" to disable collision with everything with this group.

I don't know exactly what is the .xml associated with HDT. Can you help me with that?

Very strange! My .xml files isn't in skse/plugins folder. But hdt is working, because I'm using KS Hairdos and it's good. If HDT wasn't correctly installed, it shouldn't work, right?

I looked into my files. You're right, the xml for the KS Hairdos is in data/meshes/KS Hairdo's/xml/

What an xml does: It tell the game how an skeleton note should react with hdt. What its mass is, how it should react with other notes etc. When all is done right, you have in the end some believable physic for that body part.

In my mod folder, I found an Ks Hairdos HDT BBP Fix. iirc it disables the collision with the breasts. It should be in the downloads on nexus from the KS Hairdos hdt hair.

In case you already have this, what body hdt do you use?

Very strange! My .xml files isn't in skse/plugins folder. But hdt is working, because I'm using KS Hairdos and it's good. If HDT wasn't correctly installed, it shouldn't work, right?

I looked into my files. You're right, the xml for the KS Hairdos is in data/meshes/KS Hairdo's/xml/

What an xml does: It tell the game how an skeleton note should react with hdt. What its mass is, how it should react with other notes etc. When all is done right, you have in the end some believable physic for that body part.

In my mod folder, I found an Ks Hairdos HDT BBP Fix. iirc it disables the collision with the breasts. It should be in the downloads on nexus from the KS Hairdos hdt hair.

I found the hdt xml. I started the configuration with the program that you recommended (JFF4), but i have no idea what that all parameters means. LOL

The problem isn't just about the hair (maybe the hair is the less of the problems). What I don't like, is that breasts and butt is shaking even when the character isn't moving (like a jelly or gelatine). I just want to reduce this effect, create something more real, but I don't know what parameters must be changed.  

I found the hdt xml. I started the configuration with the program that you recommended (JFF4), but i have no idea what that all parameters means. LOL

The problem isn't just about the hair (maybe the hair is the less of the problems). What I don't like, is that breasts and butt is shaking even when the character isn't moving (like a jelly or gelatine). I just want to reduce this effect, create something more real, but I don't know what parameters must be changed.  

I can give you my hdt.xml and hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

Both have the same values. But I don't know what body you're using and how the xml is linked in the femalebody.nif. So with this you should get the physics all the time.

Difference: If there is no xml assigned to the body, skyrim will use the ...defaultBBP.xml. When the hdt.xml is linked in the body.nif, skyrim will use that instead.

So lets say the hdt.xml is linked into the body. When you have clothe it they will not apply because the body is replaced by the clothe.nif. You would need an hdt object or another nif that function like that.

Long story short: With both files the physics should be active all the time, independent how the nif is normally set up.

It has breast, butt and belly physics. Collision with hand and slongs are enabled. Also it is way less jelly. I tried to find a realistic value. Still, the belly was a bit hard to set up.

If you have the ks Hairdos HDT BBP Fix, the hair should be no problem. At least it doesn't for me.

Also, if you don't like a setup like the belly, I could create a xml without it. Or just delete the belly parts in the xml yourself.

Path: data/skse/plugins/

hdt.xml

hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

Both have the same values. But I don't know what body you're using and how the xml is linked in the femalebody.nif. So with this you should get the physics all the time.

Difference: If there is no xml assigned to the body, skyrim will use the ...defaultBBP.xml. When the hdt.xml is linked in the body.nif, skyrim will use that instead.

So lets say the hdt.xml is linked into the body. When you have clothe it they will not apply because the body is replaced by the clothe.nif. You would need an hdt object or another nif that function like that.

Long story short: With both files the physics should be active all the time, independent how the nif is normally set up.

It has breast, butt and belly physics. Collision with hand and slongs are enabled. Also it is way less jelly. I tried to find a realistic value. Still, the belly was a bit hard to set up.

If you have the ks Hairdos HDT BBP Fix, the hair should be no problem. At least it doesn't for me.

Also, if you don't like a setup like the belly, I could create a xml without it. Or just delete the belly parts in the xml yourself.

Thanks! Much better than before! Maybe i have to check something about the hair collision, but for now it's good. Thank you again.

Thanks! Much better than before! Maybe i have to check something about the hair collision, but for now it's good. Thank you again.

Good to hear :) Glad I could help you!

Archived