[Unity-3D , 3D-Adventure]Abandoned : A tale of forgotten lives (version 1.00 Final))

Ah crap, just realised that the old spellcheck method does not fix lines that have already been altered by the mod file??? I used my spellcheck to create a mod file then made it primary by renaming it and then turning on the use mod option, then using the new (THANK YOU) convenient in game F3 option to make spelling corrections. It sent to spellcheck.txt but when reloading game with old spell check and mod both enabled the spelling isn't corrected. I was going to use this for a faster way to touch up spelling... Guess I'll have to do it the hard way :confused: 

Kerny is it possible to change the old spellcheck function to take effect after mod function rather than before? (if that is what it is doing...) This way small spellcheck files can be implemented to correct the altered mod files.

I was thinking of loading up game with my spellcheck turned into a mod then making corrections as I play... wonder if I can just turn mod off and use my large spellcheck file back in place and wait till complete to turn to mod... hmmm...

1 hour ago, Phalzyrd said:

Kerny is it possible to change the old spellcheck function to take effect after mod function rather than before? (if that is what it is doing...) This way small spellcheck files can be implemented to correct the altered mod files.

I can do this but i rather want to get rid of the old system since the old one has this massive flaw that it will compare by string and not by unique ID per VN frame.

1 hour ago, Phalzyrd said:

I was thinking of loading up game with my spellcheck turned into a mod then making corrections as I play... wonder if I can just turn mod off and use my large spellcheck file back in place and wait till complete to turn to mod... hmmm...

You can still use the old system with 0.6 but please keep in mind this big - comparing andreplace by string - flaw

and btw the runtime correction with F3 is very old ^_^

yeah but it is still easier than going through via the tool and clicking on all those blue boxes in turn and taking things slighlty out of context... I'm keeping in mind as i go not to change small sentences to be radically different as they might be in more than one place and after I'm done going to export to mod then go through all those blue boxes to see if I missed anything and in places where said small change are helpful... 

Also how will such a mod effect an update you made to existing areas. new stuff would be brought in but if you corrected a bug would the mod over write the fix (depending on what bug is i guess)?

I debated just doing it by blue box but kinda boring that way :tongue: going through story correcting via F3 is more fun :smile: With this F3 feature it much easier than last time i done it, was that in place in .54? I didn't realise it if it was :open_mouth: (Was i making my spellchecking much harder...? I bypassed soooo many extra spaces and punctuation issues because of that difficulty....)

I haven't look too much at blue box method yet, is there a way to change overall name of objects? for instance the spider enemy names shown in battle.

2 hours ago, Phalzyrd said:

yeah but it is still easier than going through via the tool and clicking on all those blue boxes in turn and taking things slighlty out of context... I'm keeping in mind as i go not to change small sentences to be radically different as they might be in more than one place and after I'm done going to export to mod then go through all those blue boxes to see if I missed anything and in places where said small change are helpful...

Mhh.. but the new moddign tool is far better since every frame finaly is unique and now you can write story as you please. YOu can even add new frames if you want to extend the story a little bit.

Also how will such a mod effect an update you made to existing areas. new stuff would be brought in but if you corrected a bug would the mod over write the fix (depending on what bug is i guess)?

This is an issue , really. Since every Frame is unique and every frame will be overwritten , old bugs do always persist in the story.

No idea how to avoid it actually >_<

I debated just doing it by blue box but kinda boring that way :tongue: going through story correcting via F3 is more fun :smile: With this F3 feature it much easier than last time i done it, was that in place in .54? I didn't realise it if it was :open_mouth: (Was i making my spellchecking much harder...? I bypassed soooo many extra spaces and punctuation issues because of that difficulty....)

I actually throught that too but for many many many other people the new method is far better since they want everything in one hand and fast to access.

I haven't look too much at blue box method yet, is there a way to change overall name of objects? for instance the spider enemy names shown in battle.

Yes , with the - blue box- method it is possible , you just have to rename the *nametext* but be carefull , the camera focus depends on the namtext :so for example if you rename every *Aemi* to A.E.M.I the camera will never focus on her. You would have to include *lok to -> Aemi* into every frame ~_~

Thanks for answering, about what I thought.

Once i get through a spellcheck run i'll look at the mod making tool more. I wasn't thinking of adding to the story myself at this time. that's another issue with how it currently works. Say someone makes a super mod that adds lots of story but hasn't used a decent spellcheck mod while making it... since old method doesn't overwrite mod spelling, a spellchecker would actually have to manually go into the mod to fix spelling. Not that I foresee a massive amount of quality mods being made for this but... If the spellcheck file took effect after the mod changes were brought in then it'd be much simpler for spelling fixes to be brought in and then regen the mod file with those corrections in place... (not planning on having everyone use both functions concurrently)

Much easier that way for others to update spelling of a mod or anyone to make small spelling corrections without hunting the huge array of blue boxes for right one :smiley:. Just an idea, not much of an issue if the modding community is small ;) 

On 29.1.2018 at 11:00 PM, Phalzyrd said:

Once i get done with my spellcheck run would anyone like me to upload it? :smiley:

If you used the old system , then i can upload it with along with the next beta download.

if you used the new system you can upload it via the AATOFL_ModManager.exe so it is instantly avaliable to everyone.

I also added free camera mode into the last two sex events and tested :D, I hated not being able to change camera angle on those... Was there any other events people wanted free camera mode on? I'm now regoing through the mod tool spellchecking... seems F3 simply doesn't work all the time :frown:  those mentioned scene don't have my text changes in them grrr.. I'm at event 105 of ... story ends at 686 but then some other events after it so... might be a bit before I get done... so busy lately...  

22 hours ago, Phalzyrd said:

i did old then made it into new, now going through all the blue squares. then i'll figure out how to upload it. When you do that which file (normal one or the one renamed with edit in name) does it upload?

It will only upload the StoryMod.js File (not the edit file) =)

12 hours ago, Phalzyrd said:

I also added free camera mode into the last two sex events and tested :D, I hated not being able to change camera angle on those... Was there any other events people wanted free camera mode on?

Mh.. no idea to be honest , people do not talk to me that much about those things. Mostly about hard issues with the framework (bug reporting and stuff)

seems F3 simply doesn't work all the time :frown:

Yes.. it is an old system >_<
That is why i wanted to introduce a better system. (the blue box system as you called it)

I'm at event 105 of ... story ends at 686 but then some other events after it so... might be a bit before I get done... so busy lately...  

Don't stress yourself , it is only a little game , not a major one from a big publisher . Take it easy and relaxed :smile:

4 hours ago, Phalzyrd said:

Kerny, There is a reference to a function "Overall_questions" or such is that in the mod file or is that built into game itself? I wanted to correct some of the spelling on those questions but...

These function -parameters- are hard coded , as well as the questions in the dialouge system. Currently you can not change it. Maybe i do this later but since the game does not have many people modding it i don't know if the time is worth the effort.

["hardcoded in unity"]

image.thumb.png.8b776655954ced0fcd17aa799bd9dfc0.png

I discovered this game not too long ago, and the other night I gave it a try. I'm really impressed by the amount of content, I was not expecting a full blown story. I played for about three hours and then I fell through the ship and just kept falling through empty space. This wouldn't be any problem, except this is the moment I realized none of my saves worked. Yes, I did periodically use the menu to save, and I quick saved frequently as well. To my astonishment when I used the quick load, it set me up with the free roam mode which was included with the game. So long story short, I spent three hours progressing only to start all over again... which I will not do unless I can figure out why the game doesn't save.
First assumption is that maybe it's because I had the exe and resource files in my program files (x86).
I have not tried to play again since I moved the game folder to my desktop. Is anyone else having issues with saving, or is it just me? Sorry I don't exactly feel like scouring over 34 pages of comments. I do see the developer is fairly active here, any information would be helpful, thanks.

7 hours ago, Snowfox910 said:

I discovered this game not too long ago, and the other night I gave it a try. I'm really impressed by the amount of content, I was not expecting a full blown story. I played for about three hours and then I fell through the ship and just kept falling through empty space. This wouldn't be any problem, except this is the moment I realized none of my saves worked. Yes, I did periodically use the menu to save, and I quick saved frequently as well. To my astonishment when I used the quick load, it set me up with the free roam mode which was included with the game. So long story short, I spent three hours progressing only to start all over again... which I will not do unless I can figure out why the game doesn't save.
First assumption is that maybe it's because I had the exe and resource files in my program files (x86).
I have not tried to play again since I moved the game folder to my desktop. Is anyone else having issues with saving, or is it just me? Sorry I don't exactly feel like scouring over 34 pages of comments. I do see the developer is fairly active here, any information would be helpful, thanks.

Sounds like anti virus protection problem. We had one user whow figured out how to use *tame* his -Iobit Antimalware fighter- program in order to save. But you can also try to use the *savegame workaround* option in the gameplay menu and see if that works. Just start a new quick game and save if you are in the spaceship and then load afterwards.

Btw.. you can fast forward through the story with Q and win all minigames with ctrl + W ^_^

Thanks for the feedback, I do not have an active anti-virus on this PC. So that's not the likely candidate.
I actually read the readme, *ghasp*, the hacking minigame actually made me kind of salty. THANK YOU for adding the cheat. :b

I just tried to play the game again, but I'm stuck on the main menu screen. It loads and plays the background music but I can't click anything.
I have no clue what's happening xD

1 hour ago, Snowfox910 said:

Thanks for the feedback, I do not have an active anti-virus on this PC. So that's not the likely candidate.
I actually read the readme, *ghasp*, the hacking minigame actually made me kind of salty. THANK YOU for adding the cheat. :b

TZz tz tz .... >_<

1 hour ago, Snowfox910 said:

I just tried to play the game again, but I'm stuck on the main menu screen. It loads and plays the background music but I can't click anything.
I have no clue what's happening xD

YOu can also try to press esc and then there should be a *start game* button on the bottom of the menu :smile:

• 1 month later...