[Unity-3D , 3D-Adventure]Abandoned : A tale of forgotten lives (version 1.00 Final))

• 3 weeks later...

So I might just be an idiot, but I can't quite figure out how to load a game. I have a couple files in my install directory folder, where the main executable is, named "AATOFL_Save_1" and "AATOFL_Save_2", which I assume would be the save files, but when I'm in game, the load menu is blank. Trying to load a save from the main menu gives the same blank menu. Am I doing something wrong, or perhaps someone else has encountered this and fixed it?

Love the game by the way, doing all this by yourself on weekend free time is really impressive.

If i am right saves 1 through 4 are the quicksaves which are listed at top of load screen, the png file is inside the data folder... if the png is missing you might not see anything in the slot but it ?should? load... haven't tried it... tried and yes it'll load without the png... in load screen it'll have the normal blue background but instead of "No File" it;ll show date of save and be loadable. if all say "no File" then there might be something wrong with the save files??? they are simple txt files so should be able to open in notepad or such and look at them.

5 hours ago, tacothief said:

So I might just be an idiot, but I can't quite figure out how to load a game. I have a couple files in my install directory folder, where the main executable is, named "AATOFL_Save_1" and "AATOFL_Save_2", which I assume would be the save files, but when I'm in game, the load menu is blank. Trying to load a save from the main menu gives the same blank menu. Am I doing something wrong, or perhaps someone else has encountered this and fixed it?

Love the game by the way, doing all this by yourself on weekend free time is really impressive.

Important thing first , i can only help you if we talk about the windows version. Since i do not have a Linux/Mac system i can not check where the savefile of those versions are saved in.

If you are playing on windows then you just need to put the savegame text files into the AATOFL main folder (where the exe is located)

Furthermore , you need to check that the *Savegame workaround* option is disabled in the gameplay menu.

2 hours ago, Phalzyrd said:

If i am right saves 1 through 4 are the quicksaves which are listed at top of load screen, the png file is inside the data folder... if the png is missing you might not see anything in the slot but it ?should? load... haven't tried it... tried and yes it'll load without the png... in load screen it'll have the normal blue background but instead of "No File" it;ll show date of save and be loadable. if all say "no File" then there might be something wrong with the save files??? they are simple txt files so should be able to open in notepad or such and look at them.

The savegames are not checked if the data is correct in the files. There are just checked if they are exist.

You can just create a empty text filke and name it like a savegame xD

but.. this would not work.. obviously >_<

3 hours ago, Kerny said:

Thanks for the help. I am on windows and what Phalzyrd said did work for me. I'm not able to see anything on the Load Game menu but sure enough, I am able to use the 4 Quicksave and the 4 Quickload key-bindings, so I'll just use that. So I'm set after looking up the key-bindings. And the savegame files in my install folder appear to be the quicksaves.

Thanks again for the help and for also helping all these other people, it's very nice of you.

2 hours ago, Deniska25 said:

While we are waiting for the new update (btw, any news on it?), I've decided to make some sort of a guide/catalog for it. Comments are welcomed.

AATOFL guide

Can i post this *guide* into one of my patreon posts ? . Maybe i will be helpfull for some people.
Furthermore i left some comments ^_^

and... currently i am at the andrtoid delivery bot but as i assumed i need to fight my own bugs ~_~
After i implemented this i need to implement the new spellchecking thing and then i can make the next beta.
But i guess this will sta a  beta since i do not have that much content.
Only the restrain table , the generic event for the towerdefense and Chastity trail , the delivery bot and the new spellchecking engine.

2 hours ago, Kerny said:

Can i post this *guide* into one of my patreon posts ? . Maybe i will be helpfull for some people.
Furthermore i left some comments ^_^

and... currently i am at the andrtoid delivery bot but as i assumed i need to fight my own bugs ~_~
After i implemented this i need to implement the new spellchecking thing and then i can make the next beta.
Only the restrain table , the generic event for the towerdefense and Chastity trail , the delivery bot and the new spellchecking engine.

I will add up your comments.

And yes - obviously you can repost the link.

And obviously we all are eagerly awaiting future updates from you chanting "we want more stuff!"

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, Kerny said:

Speaking of which:

(Disclaimer: while my education states - system analyst, my knowledge of specific languages apart from SQL are very limited. So I might be talking ab something non-realistic here. So take my words with amount of skepticism)

I do agree with the post on your patreon page that the easiest approach to spellchecking (and later - possible translations) problem would be:

1) place in settings to where user can enter a name of file with text

2) File having a structure of marker|text (some sort of external library if you wish)

Possibly file can be upgraded & have not 2 columns, but 3 - marker|Nr of symbols|text, with number of symbols - note to amount of symbols the text will be truncated to. It will serve as an information to translators - how big text they will be able to enter in any particular place.

(obviously number of symbols should be more than the initial text, but should be duplicated in the program itself, & used from program, not the file. File is only reference)

It will make further spellchecking/correction really simple.

example of the possible line:

greet1|25|Hi, my name is Aemi

somebody will be able to change it to (in a different file, to preserve the original text. But substituting the reference to the file in settings):

greet1|25|Hallo, mein Name ist Aemi (note - my knowledge of german is quite poor & kinda limited to "Scheisse" so I'm sorry if i'm incorrect here )

however, if someone will translate it to

greet1|25|Guten Abend, mein Name ist Aemi - the game will truncate the text to 25 symbols: "Guten Abend, mein Name is"

More to follow, but now gotta go.

9 minutes ago, Deniska25 said:

Speaking of which:

(Disclaimer: while my education states - system analyst, my knowledge of specific languages apart from SQL are very limited. So I might be talking ab something non-realistic here. So take my words with amount of skepticism)

I do agree with the post on your patreon page that the easiest approach to spellchecking (and later - possible translations) problem would be:

1) place in settings to where user can enter a name of file with text

2) File having a structure of marker|text (some sort of external library if you wish)

Possibly file can be upgraded & have not 2 columns, but 3 - marker|Nr of symbols|text, with number of symbols - note to amount of symbols the text will be truncated to. It will serve as an information to translators - how big text they will be able to enter in any particular place.

(obviously number of symbols should be more than the initial text, but should be duplicated in the program itself, & used from program, not the file. File is only reference)

It will make further spellchecking/correction really simple.

example of the possible line:

greet1|25|Hi, my name is Aemi

somebody will be able to change it to (in a different file, to preserve the original text. But substituting the reference to the file in settings):

greet1|25|Hallo, mein Name ist Aemi (note - my knowledge of german is quite poor & kinda limited to "Scheisse" so I'm sorry if i'm incorrect here )

however, if someone will translate it to

greet1|25|Guten Abend, mein Name ist Aemi - the game will truncate the text to 25 symbols: "Guten Abend, mein Name is"

More to follow, but now gotta go.

I took another approach to be honest.
Since all my story lines and all the things that happen in a VN frame is just an array of hashtables i can change them in runtime. SO my approach is just to export all frames with a unique ID and then a *story* editor can just exchange all lines and what happesn in that frame. So, in theorie you could change the whole story , could change where Aemi and Vivian are to find but it has many limitations since oyu do not have access to the unity editor and the placement of position markers and triggers like i do.
Maybe i will script this in too but... those would be plans for the future. For now i will focus onto the spellchecking thing.

Just wanted to let you know, I fucking love your game.
At first, the 2gig download kind of scared me away, but I am glad I downloaded it and checked it out.
The setting is fun, and the characters are really special. I am constantly smiling at the interactions I have with them. I'm not heavy into BDSM, but Viv and Aemi make it very entertaining and approachable.
It can be challenging to give ANYTHING character, but you've managed to do an awesome job of it with your game. Viv, Aemi and Victor are all wonderful.
You've made a fan of me, and I will follow this game closely. Great work, thank you for sharing it with us!

Some notes from my play through of the public version:
- After the first nightmare scene with Victor, and Vivian shows up in my room, nothing else triggered. I ran around, tried to interact with things, but there were no words, nothing happened. Upon reloading, the error was gone (and I never experienced it again).
- During the first Milking scene with Aemi, when I zoomed in with the mouse, multiple grey dialogue windows popped up over the scene. When I zoomed out, they went away. Haven't experienced it anywhere else.

And my only suggestion:
- The dialogue window gets in the way of some of the sex scenes, where it covers everything that's happening. A smaller dialogue window, a moveable dialogue window, or one with less design around it would really be appreciated.

Again, fantastic game, and good luck with it.
Cant wait for more :smile:

Kerny,

I just finished the latest free beta (up to the crews quarters) and you have done an amazing job!  Only a couple of glitches that a reload finished and I like the way the player can correct the spelling errors, which there are many, but it is still an awesomely erotic game to play.  I won't spoil it for everyone, but wow you did so much and the animations are really good too!  I like all of the toys and devices even though I can't get them all work after the experiments, but they are still cool!  Thanks for creating some a amazing piece of entertainment and please, please keep up the good work!

On 5.1.2018 at 6:44 AM, boofer said:

Some notes from my play through of the public version:
- After the first nightmare scene with Victor, and Vivian shows up in my room, nothing else triggered. I ran around, tried to interact with things, but there were no words, nothing happened. Upon reloading, the error was gone (and I never experienced it again).

If you are able to reproduce this error then you could send me the savegame so i can see what the underlying problem is.

- During the first Milking scene with Aemi, when I zoomed in with the mouse, multiple grey dialogue windows popped up over the scene. When I zoomed out, they went away. Haven't experienced it anywhere else.

Weird thing... multible diaglouge windows ?
Can i have a screenshot please ?

And my only suggestion:
- The dialogue window gets in the way of some of the sex scenes, where it covers everything that's happening. A smaller dialogue window, a moveable dialogue window, or one with less design around it would really be appreciated.

You can hide the textwindow with the buttons pagedown and pageup :smile:

10 hours ago, DarinM1967 said:

Kerny,

I just finished the latest free beta (up to the crews quarters) and you have done an amazing job!  Only a couple of glitches that a reload finished and I like the way the player can correct the spelling errors, which there are many, but it is still an awesomely erotic game to play.  I won't spoil it for everyone, but wow you did so much and the animations are really good too!  I like all of the toys and devices even though I can't get them all work after the experiments, but they are still cool!  Thanks for creating some a amazing piece of entertainment and please, please keep up the good work!

Please wait with the spellchecking , in the next beta there will be a new system and i hope this one is better than the old one.
The beta tester can test this one out xD

2 hours ago, Kerny said:

If you are able to reproduce this error then you could send me the savegame so i can see what the underlying problem is.

Only happened once. If I see it again, I will.

2 hours ago, Kerny said:

You can hide the textwindow with the buttons pagedown and pageup :smile:

Hah! I didnt see that noted, thank you!

2 hours ago, Kerny said:

Weird thing... multible diaglouge windows ?

Can i have a screenshot please ?

Sure, I was able to reproduce it w/ Vivian today, attached 3 images for you.

Clipboard01er.jpg

Clipboard02er.jpg

Clipboard03er.jpg

9 hours ago, boofer said:

Only happened once. If I see it again, I will.

Hah! I didnt see that noted, thank you!

Sure, I was able to reproduce it w/ Vivian today, attached 3 images for you.

Clipboard03er.jpg

This is just the texthistory box , you can call it if you use the mouse-scroll and you can hide it via right mouse click.
Mh.. i guess i have to deactivate it during the use of the orbit camera xD

2 hours ago, Kerny said:

This is just the texthistory box , you can call it if you use the mouse-scroll and you can hide it via right mouse click.
Mh.. i guess i have to deactivate it during the use of the orbit camera xD

OK, understood.

Thanks again for the great game, and good luck w/ it :smile:

I am up to the crew quarters now. I love the game and what you are doing so far. I am just wondering when the next version/update is coming out. I have not read all 33 pages here lol so i might very well have missed it. But i didnt see an update on your Patreon. So just wondering when. :smile: oh did i mention i love the game lol

9 minutes ago, Halfelf12 said:

I am up to the crew quarters now. I love the game and what you are doing so far. I am just wondering when the next version/update is coming out. I have not read all 33 pages here lol so i might very well have missed it. But i didnt see an update on your Patreon. So just wondering when. :smile: oh did i mention i love the game lol

I currently work on the new spellchecking system and i think i am very close to the next beta. I have most of the stuff implemented but i need to test it at least once so i can upload it to my beta testers.

21 minutes ago, Kerny said:

I currently work on the new spellchecking system and i think i am very close to the next beta. I have most of the stuff implemented but i need to test it at least once so i can upload it to my beta testers.

sweet :smile: thanks for the quick reply back

19 hours ago, Kerny said:

Speaking about spellchecking & in game texts.

If you want - I can translate the game to Russian. Just prefer to do it in "lines" (have the document in any readable format with lines of English text that I can make a copy & replace the text with Russian)

14 hours ago, Deniska25 said:

Speaking about spellchecking & in game texts.

If you want - I can translate the game to Russian. Just prefer to do it in "lines" (have the document in any readable format with lines of English text that I can make a copy & replace the text with Russian)

I have no idea if this works , to be honest >_<
I guess once the public beta is out (sometime after the patreon beta ) you can just try it out.

Hi,

Happy new year and best wish.

You could have used Fungus framework with Unity. The text can be exported to text file and imported again and it support localization (not checked this myself but there is a lot of tuto). Fungus is made bring text/dialogue to game so it fit your need for a future game, I think (probably to much work to change now for this one).

++

Might be a bug or something.

When you play towerdefence & skip the text with Q - game starts but no towers are available. Out of ~10 tries experienced that at least 2 times.

Also - somehow I have the feeling this towerdefence event is somewhat more challenging than in the campaign.

7 hours ago, Deniska25 said:

Might be a bug or something.

When you play towerdefence & skip the text with Q - game starts but no towers are available. Out of ~10 tries experienced that at least 2 times.

Also - somehow I have the feeling this towerdefence event is somewhat more challenging than in the campaign.

Never experienced the *tower not avalibe bug*  and the new generic event is indeed a little bit more challanging but not intentionally. I use the same values as in the campaign mode but somehow.. maybe since i changed what fight in what room takes place it get's kind of harder.