skeleton editing

enya

Would like to make a little change on the skeleton that I use (XP32). Just slightly(!) wider hips. Tried to make the change myself but I'm confused due to the amount of bones, etc..

Would need help from someone who has experience with it. Anyone willing?

Why do you need to do it to the skeleton? You can very simply do it with bodyslide.

Don't use bodyslide at all. Most of my stuff is for simple UNP. Just looking for a small change on the skeleton that my main char uses.

It's been awhile since I made full-scale skeleton modifications so use what I say as hints rather than a guide.

Look for NPC Pelvis, it's a single node.  The easy way is to select one of the legs then follow up the hierarchy.

Sometimes it can be difficult finding a node or branch while Nifscope is in Branch view.  Go to View option (at the top of Nifscope) > Block List and select Show Blocks in List.  To go back to Branch view, repeat and choose Show Blocks in Tree.

Increase the scaling, but keep in mind this will enlarge everything attached to the Pelvis node (both legs and any weapon nodes).

You will now have to (your choice really) adjust the position of the left and right Thigh nodes by tweaking the 'X- and/or Y-translation' (if you can find where to change the Scaling, you will see the X, Y, Z translations)(do not touch the Z-translation).

Next is scaling down the legs and that is done by scaling down the left and right thighs (NPC L Thigh + NPC R Thigh) which also scales down the rest of the legs.  If you want something like thick thighs, but not calves then you will need to also adjust the scaling of NPC R Calf + NPC L Calf.

The final problem to fix is the feet clipping into the ground or the character floating above the ground.  This happens when changing the scaling of anything from the lower body.  To fix this go to NPC Root > NPC COM (or the next node attached to NPC Root)(NPC Root is near the top of the heirarchy branch) and adjust the 'Z-translation' of NPC COM.  Increase 'Z-translation' to fix the clipping or decrease to fix the floating.

Done...unless I overlooked something.

It's been awhile since I made full-scale skeleton modifications so use what I say as hints rather than a guide.

Look for NPC Pelvis, it's a single node.  The easy way is to select one of the legs then follow up the hierarchy.

Sometimes it can be difficult finding a node or branch while Nifscope is in Branch view.  Go to View option (at the top of Nifscope) > Block List and select Show Blocks in List.  To go back to Branch view, repeat and choose Show Blocks in Tree.

Increase the scaling, but keep in mind this will enlarge everything attached to the Pelvis node (both legs and any weapon nodes).

You will now have to (your choice really) adjust the position of the left and right Thigh nodes by tweaking the 'X- and/or Y-translation' (if you can find where to change the Scaling, you will see the X, Y, Z translations)(do not touch the Z-translation).

Next is scaling down the legs and that is done by scaling down the left and right thighs (NPC L Thigh + NPC R Thigh) which also scales down the rest of the legs.  If you want something like thick thighs, but not calves then you will need to also adjust the scaling of NPC R Calf + NPC L Calf.

The final problem to fix is the feet clipping into the ground or the character floating above the ground.  This happens when changing the scaling of anything from the lower body.  To fix this go to NPC Root > NPC COM (or the next node attached to NPC Root)(NPC Root is near the top of the heirarchy branch) and adjust the 'Z-translation' of NPC COM.  Increase 'Z-translation' to fix the clipping or decrease to fix the floating.

Done...unless I overlooked something.

Thank you very much! Will give it a try.

Archived