Has anyone thought about modding Kenshi?

OutgoingChart7

It's a really good game. I've spent a lot of hours playing this game. Yeah the updates are rather slow, but we are getting 0.90 soon and just look on steam pictures to see whats going on there (Just letting you know the videos are out of date. I hear they are making new ones. Also It's just the pictures with the beta down the bottom right).

In the update the new map will be released and nothing is going to be changed that much. New armors and weapons and maybe factions will be added but it's sad that not a lot of people make mods for this title. 

So I'm just asking if anyone could give the game a shot and see what you think. From what I've heard the update is out march sometime. 

Recent Blog Post: http://steamcommunity.com/games/233860/announcements/detail/638753913265480231

Store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/233860

Note: I couldn't find the spoiler to hide both links so I'm sorry for that ^_^

Never heard of it before. Don't know how moddable the game is but it sure looks interesting.

If you ever get the game it's in it's local files (The mod file that is. It's called the "forgotten construction set"). It's a very good game. You will have a lot of trouble if your starting for the first time so if you need any help hit me up on steam or message me here. 

Think I'd rather not waste my time trying to mod an unfinished game, even though I see a lot of potential, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Come to think of it, I might have heard about this game before, I visited the game's website after checking the Steam pages and the news articles there seemed somewhat familiar. I think my memory is getting worse and worse...

• 5 weeks later...

So, they are releasing a beta today?

New trailer...

I like what they did with the music and growing party size at 01:30 and onward.

I like the game's approach to role-playing and game mechanics but the world the game is set in is the weakest part of the game IMO. What is this really, a desert planet with weird aliens and sword wielding humans roaming around? You can build harpoons, power generators and other types of machinery but not guns? It's just too weird and inconsistent for me...

So, they are releasing a beta today?

New trailer...

I like what they did with the music and growing party size at 01:30 and onward.

I like the game's approach to role-playing and game mechanics but the world the game is set in is the weakest part of the game IMO. What is this really, a desert planet with weird aliens and sword wielding humans roaming around? You can build harpoons, power generators and other types of machinery but not guns? It's just too weird and inconsistent for me...

No. The planet has more than that: http://lofigames.com/wp-content/uploads/grabmap.jpg

The map size is 870 sq/km big.

Guns....The Developers were asked about this. They said no on the spot because Kenshi is a "Sword-Punk" Game. 

"Kenshi is a single player Role Playing Game set in a vast and atmospheric ‘Sword-Punk’ style open world. With a mix of squad-based control and city-building features, gameplay is completely free-roaming and open: enjoy the freedom and potential to do whatever you want.

Set in an unrelenting world of bloodthirsty cannibals, starving bandits, brutal slavers and wild beasts, survival alone is a grueling struggle… You are not the chosen one. You’re not great and powerful. You don’t have more ‘hitpoints’ than everyone else. You are not the center of the universe, and you are not special. Unless you work for it."

• 2 weeks later...

I played Kenshi a couple of years ago (an update made it possible to construct your own buildings) - back then it was mainly a game of running around, avoiding sword fights with bigger gangs and running after single bandits until you had a powerful group. 

By now, apparently it has a solid base building element ... only I have a new PC now and my Kenshi install died with my old hard drive.

Not sure what to expect of a Loverslab mod of Kenshi: Giant dildo swords maybe? I'd appreciate having player prostitution content, stripping etc in any game, so playing a band of travelling whores instead of kenshi's usual travelling swordsmen might be fun, I'm just not sure if that can be done in this game. 

(Unfortunately too many game devs are strictly against sexual content in their games)

I'd welcome a medieval world, or a traditional fantasy world or a post-apocalyptic/futuristic world etc. but the world of Kenshi doesn't make any sense to me. I think the developer wanted to make a Japanese flavored sword fighting game initially, hence gave the game the title "Kenshi" then realized that he had to build a world/lore in order to make it interesting and started adding things willy nilly and we now have this weird-ass world.

I've noticed a dramatic slowdown in performance with the beta 0.90 release and a couple of other annoyances both technical and game-play related. I wouldn't buy this game at this stage or before seeing the final product TBH.

Not sure what to expect of a Loverslab mod of Kenshi: Giant dildo swords maybe? I'd appreciate having player prostitution content, stripping etc in any game, so playing a band of travelling whores instead of kenshi's usual travelling swordsmen might be fun, I'm just not sure if that can be done in this game.

There's a lot of potential in my opinion. The game supports slavery out of the box, for instance, shouldn't be too difficult to turn that into sexslavery... The game supports building shops and trading, so you can build your own brothel in the middle of nowhere and make money... Also I'm sure there are quite a few people here who would enjoy watching their character being eaten alive... :lol: All in all it has more potential than any Bethesda games in terms of adult modding IMO.

If you don't mind the weird world of Kenshi, the game itself can be fun to play without any adult mods, especially if you like other sandbox games such as the Mount & Blade series.

BTW, lofigames.com is the official website (and forum) for the game.

I agree in that it could be possible, and fun, to add things like brothels, slave dungeons, maybe some water-operated fucking machines or whatever to Kenshi.

Not sure if one can zoom in close enough to make watching worthwhile though; I seem to remember Kenshi as being mainly "looking at tiny stick figures from way above" (but it's been more than a year since I last played it. Can one zoom in far enough that it would be interesting to watch e.g. a slave pen?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree in that it could be possible, and fun, to add things like brothels, slave dungeons, maybe some water-operated fucking machines or whatever to Kenshi.

Not sure if one can zoom in close enough to make watching worthwhile though; I seem to remember Kenshi as being mainly "looking at tiny stick figures from way above" (but it's been more than a year since I last played it. Can one zoom in far enough that it would be interesting to watch e.g. a slave pen?

Yeah you can zoom right into your character. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It's a really good game. I've spent a lot of hours playing this game. Yeah the updates are rather slow, but we are getting 0.90 soon and just look on steam pictures to see whats going on there (Just letting you know the videos are out of date. I hear they are making new ones. Also It's just the pictures with the beta down the bottom right).

In the update the new map will be released and nothing is going to be changed that much. New armors and weapons and maybe factions will be added but it's sad that not a lot of people make mods for this title. 

So I'm just asking if anyone could give the game a shot and see what you think. From what I've heard the update is out march sometime. 

Recent Blog Post: http://steamcommunity.com/games/233860/announcements/detail/638753913265480231

Store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/233860

Note: I couldn't find the spoiler to hide both links so I'm sorry for that ^_^

Dude you sold me on this game I checked it out LOVE it. I agree it has tons of modding potential. In fact it has a mod folder where you create a new mod and it copies the game files for you so you can basically change everything. I'll be working on some of that. They also have free male and female 3dsmax models for you to download so you can make your own outfits. Also there is a max file for weapons. Anyway thanks for the post you got me hooked on a great game.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is great game, reminds me of Sims 3, but with blades instead of babies. However there is no quests yet and sandbox getting repetitive eventually.

Also game badly needs certain female mods!

Currently girls have somewhat weird bodies, which can be adjusted in character creation screen, but not much, no way to make proper hourglass figure, they all looks like a pear. Apparently this shape very popular in anime this days (and its horrible) and Kenshi made all around anime, mostly inspired by Naruto (i hate it).

Clothes inspired by Naruto-like anime of course as antisexual as man could do. Only divine power could make it even less attractive. Baggy pants of all sorts, ugly hats, ugly helmets, ugly default underwear, you name it.

Though I admit that hairstyles inspired by anime look much better than in average western RPG.

On top of that so far we have no decent nude mod, existing one non impressive, huge pink areolas not what i want for sure and there is still visible underwear lines since mod maker failed to edit the bump map).

In old good days we would have skimpy outfits, many body-types and skins by now...

...instead we have childish cheatmods, even more ugly helmets, recolored antisexual baggy-pants, twice oversized weapons and heavy heavy armors (of course!).

• 3 months later...
On 9/17/2017 at 8:42 AM, Nexussuckstwice said:

This is great game, reminds me of Sims 3, but with blades instead of babies. However there is no quests yet and sandbox getting repetitive eventually.

Also game badly needs certain female mods!

Currently girls have somewhat weird bodies, which can be adjusted in character creation screen, but not much, no way to make proper hourglass figure, they all looks like a pear. Apparently this shape very popular in anime this days (and its horrible) and Kenshi made all around anime, mostly inspired by Naruto (i hate it).

Clothes inspired by Naruto-like anime of course as antisexual as man could do. Only divine power could make it even less attractive. Baggy pants of all sorts, ugly hats, ugly helmets, ugly default underwear, you name it.

Though I admit that hairstyles inspired by anime look much better than in average western RPG.

On top of that so far we have no decent nude mod, existing one non impressive, huge pink areolas not what i want for sure and there is still visible underwear lines since mod maker failed to edit the bump map).

In old good days we would have skimpy outfits, many body-types and skins by now...

...instead we have childish cheatmods, even more ugly helmets, recolored antisexual baggy-pants, twice oversized weapons and heavy heavy armors (of course!).

what the hell are you talking about? nothing in this resembles naruto or anime...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1342737850

The game not only has a bouncing boobs mod, but it also has a vocaloid race mod with custom animations as well, including animated clothes. Most of the animations work too. 

Considering that slaver raids on your outposts are an important game mechanic, and the dust bandits do threaten to rape people; this game is long overdue for a rape mod. Then there are the brain eating parasites....

• 1 month later...

Yeah, i agree. I mean you already have slavery and cannibalism, corruption, power abuse,etc. Why not a mod like defeat too? However i also think it's to soon for this type of mod too. I think you have to wait until they finish up the diplomacy and world building properly before attempting a mod like this (unless you want to redo creating the mod over and over again every update).

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived