I need help with Script and the CK

darkteutonic

Good day!

OK So I have been working on a mod, and I just realised that what ever I do, whenever I use a Polymorph spell, it desactive my control, and even if I transform back /or through console set back my race to normal, (I am still unable to use any of the menu (Inventory, Spell, or map).

So basically I followed to the letter the following instruction on how to create a spell to shapeshift into a monster. (see link below)
http://hubpages.com/entertainment/How-to-Create-New-Shape-Shifting-Spells-In-Skyrim

Obviously the line that says 

Game.DisablePlayerControls(false, false, false, false, false, true, false)

Was preventing me from using the menu option, but even after replacing that line with Game.EnablePlayercontrols() nothing change, and even removing entirely that line. Still unable to use the menu.

Does anyone here know how to fix this, how what I should add to the script to force the game to give me access back to the inventory?

What is the most frustrating is the fact that I had it working perfectly about 2 years ago, and stop playing and deleted my mod half finish, now I am almost done with my mod, but I can't get the inventory to open while transform.

It's doesn't work,

It says when I push tab Character Menu is not available.

here is my script _ I have made some change from the website and a few things from the script was not particularly useful to me such as the werewolf faction and the removing of spell and such.

;======================================================================================;
;               PROPERTIES  /
;=============/

Race Property ZULUARACNAFOLLOWERRACE auto

Race Property Imperialrace auto

;======================================================================================;
;               EVENTS                     /
;=============/

Event OnEffectStart(Actor Target, Actor Caster)

if (Target.GetActorBase().GetRace() != ZULUARACNAFOLLOWERRACE)
Target.SetRace(ZULUARACNAFOLLOWERRACE)
Game.GetPlayer().SetHeadTracking(false)
Game.SetCameraTarget(Target)
Target.SetPlayerControls(True)
Target.EnableAI(true)
Game.EnablePlayerControls(true, true, true, true, true, true, true)
endif
EndEvent

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor Target, Actor Caster)
; change back
Game.SetCameraTarget(Target)
Target.SetPlayerControls(True)
Target.EnableAI(true)
Target.SetRace(Imperialrace) 
Game.EnablePlayerControls(true, true, true, true, true, true, true)
endEvent

Let me better understand what are you trying to accomplish.

You have a spell, and this spell should change the race of the target. Correct?

Now, when the spell is case, aside the changing of the race, what else has to be done?

Looking at the code you do pretty much nothing, or better you do some not useful changes.

And also it will revert the actor to "ImperialRace" and not the original race.

Try this code for the Magic Effect (it includes a couple of trace logs to better debug what is going on):

scriptname theNameofYourMagicEffectScript extend MagicEffect

Race Property ZULUARACNAFOLLOWERRACE auto

Race originalRace

Event OnEffectStart(Actor Target, Actor Caster)
  if (Target.GetActorBase().GetRace() != ZULUARACNAFOLLOWERRACE)
    originalRace = Target.getRace()
    Target.SetRace(ZULUARACNAFOLLOWERRACE)
  else
    originalRace = None
  endif
EndEvent

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor Target, Actor Caster)
  if originalRace
    ; change back
    Target.SetRace(originalRace)
  endIf 
endEvent

I have no idea of what race is ZULURACNAFOLLOWERRACE, if it is "playable" then you should not have problems.

But if it is not playable you have no controls if the player has this race.

damn it still not working. I tried your script , but not working either. Also thank you kindly for taking some of your time to help me, I really appreciate it.

To answer your question about the race... its a mod I have been working for several years lol, I was almost finish creating it, a few years ago and then I just got tired of Skyrim, I recently just started playing again, the thing is, I deleted my mod, now I started from scratch and am having trouble with this menu thing it ridiculous.

Link a description of my mod

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/991380-my-very-first-mod-need-help-please/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/14463-new-race-idea-spiderqueen/page-3

ZULUARACNAFOLLOWERRACE is the Swarm form of the Custom Race Ananasi Mod that I am creating. Oh and I gave up on that Battleform Half Spider - Half Human form, way too complicated for my very amateurish skill of modder lol/

Lol, I had everything working back then except the spider wouldn't follow me, Now I have the spider follower but ***damn it, I can"t open the ***damn menu. I have been searching on google for ways to fix this and no one seem to know what is causing this but I am not the only one, and the only fix I have found is to reinstall the whole, game but I am really hoping it doesn't come to that.

I am wondering if the Creature pack from the FNIS isn't breaking the script.

Give me some extra info.

When the player is converted to this race: can you walk? Can you change between first and 3rd perspective? Can you open the inventory? The map?

Creature Pack from FNIS has no impacts on scripts.

Is there a way to give the in-game console command through a script.

Spell = Magic effect - Script - command to console player.setrace

the thing is when I use the console to set my race to it. everything works like a charm. But whenever I use the Script. I lose access to the Character Menu. For some stupid reason.

Give me some extra info.

When the player is converted to this race: can you walk? Can you change between first and 3rd perspective? Can you open the inventory? The map?

Creature Pack from FNIS has no impacts on scripts.

Ok so everything works(Aside from the Character's menu) I followed the instruction found on that other website I mention in my earlier post, it shows how to modify the the Skeleton of the creature you want to transform into.

So I use the FOMM to extract the Skeleton and then nifskope to edit the Camera Height, so yes no problem with the camera, I gove through enabling attack , power attack ETC. everything works . I can move. Turn. everything work.

The only thing that doesn't is the = Character menu not available.

The "menus" that you can have are:

"InventoryMenu", "Console", "Dialogue Menu", "HUD Menu", "Main Menu", "MessageBoxMenu", "Cursor Menu", "Fader Menu", "MagicMenu", "Top Menu", "Overlay Menu", "Overlay Interaction Menu", "Loading Menu", "TweenMenu", "BarterMenu", "GiftMenu", "Debug Text Menu", "MapMenu", "Lockpicking Menu", "Quantity Menu", "StatsMenu", "ContainerMenu", "Sleep/Wait Menu", "LevelUp Menu", "Journal Menu", "Book Menu", "FavoritesMenu", "RaceSex Menu", "Crafting Menu", "Training Menu", "Mist Menu", "Tutorial Menu", "Credits Menu", "TitleSequence Menu", "Console Native UI Menu", "Kinect Menu"

All of them are not working?
Specific question: Can you open your inventory?

Or you are talking about "ShowRaceMenu"?

I am talking about the Inventory Menu , Skills, Map and Magic - The tab button that would bring the kinda crosshair with the four Menu Option is not available. When I press I on my keyboard to open the INventory menu , nothing happens, and when I push the M button , it doesn't work either. I have't tried talking with an NPC to be honest. But even IF I can"t it doesn't really matter, I didn't think I would speak with NPC in Spider form anyways. But I do need my inventory and Spell access.

OK, now it is more clear.

usually if you can't open the menus is because the controls are disabled (or the race is NOT playable but this is an extreme case.)

Probably somewhere there is a script that is making this impossible.

If you can pack your mod (just a zip), and PM it to me (I hope it is no more than 100Mb) I can give a look to it to find where the problem is.

Thanks.

Ok, so its about 30 Kb its basically the Esp + the Meshes skeleton nif file for the camera

In riverwood - Sleeping Giant Inn I've put a Spellbook to learn the spell, (Its in the second room on the left on the Table next to the bed.

Its a lesser power called Form of the Swarm - it transform you into a Frostbite spider and add 4 minion/pet spider.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2713-ananasi-mod/

Not for the moment, the frosbitesnowspider suit my need for the moment, when the mod is completed, I might look into new texture for the spider, if I find something more suiting, I might modify the mod and upload a new version but for the time being, I just want to find a solution for that menu bug.

I am wondering now, I am looking into my Script folder and I see FNIS Creature Version, I am wondering if this could affect my script.

I have added the Full script folder as well in a seprerate folder inside the zip if you want to take a look at it

Link to the file

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2714-ananasi2darkteutonic/

What is your quick way to get the "Voice spell" when you start a game?

I found a few problems in the scripts (and probably on the magic effect itself.)

1) The compiled scripts do not match the names of the sources.

2) The magic effect is not of type "script"

Hum sorry I was away from my computer, IN the console you can type Help Swarm

you are searching for the Spell Form of the Swarm

IN the CK in Alll

type (Zulu)

without the ( ) - you will find all my created files.

Everything is connected. The book gives you the Ability called Form of the Swarm (its in the Sleeping GIant Inn) in the second room on the on your left on the Table next to the bed.

2) I have added my script folder its inside the other folder sorry I put the wrond script inside. The SUMMONSWARMSCRIPT can be found inside the other folder named: [ This is my complete script folder in case you might need to look at it ]

The ability should do 2 things - 1st - Spawn 4 Spider around you that will follow you everywhere and will help you during your fights
2nd - Transform you into a Frostbite snow spider.

I don't see code to "spawn" some "companion" spiders. Probably this part is not yet written. (SummonSwarmScript)

I see that as soon you do a "change race" the inventory and the spell menus are no more available. I checked with some standard races, like imperial and redguard. (My debug char is Nord.)

I will check on it more tomorrow evening.

The following is the script used in the SummonSwarmScript - it enables me to summon up to 10 creatures - I edit the properties and I can choose the number and the race of the creature.

Scriptname SUMMONSWARMSCRIPT extends ActiveMagicEffect  
{SUMMON THE SWARM AT THE PLAYERS SIDE}

;*********************************************************
; PROPERTIES TO BE ASSIGNED IN THE CK

ActorBase Property NPCType auto ; the type of NPC to summon
Int Property SizeOfLegion = 10 auto ; the number of NPCs to summon (DEFAULT=10)
Explosion Property AppearExplosion auto ; the summon explosion effect (OPTIONAL). "ExplosionIllusionDark01" works well.
EffectShader Property Shader auto ; the shader to apply to the NPC when summoned (OPTIONAL). "TimeFadeIn01FXS" works well.
EffectShader Property Shader2 auto ; the shader to apply to the NPC when spell ends (OPTIONAL). "TimeFadeOut01FXS" works well.
Faction Property PlayerFaction auto ; Faction used to make the npc a friend of the player.
Faction Property CWPlayerAlly auto ; Faction used to make the npc an ally of the player

ObjectReference[] NPC ; an array to reference the summoned NPC's

Event onEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)

NPC = new ObjectReference[10] ; arrays must be created within a function or event block. Arrays can be up to 256 in size.

If SizeOfLegion > NPC.Length
SizeOfLegion = NPC.Length ; just for safety
EndIf

int count = 0

While count < SizeOfLegion

NPC[count] = Game.GetPlayer().PlaceAtMe(NPCType)
(NPC[count] as Actor).RemoveFromAllFactions()
(NPC[count] as Actor).SetFactionRank(PlayerFaction, 5)
(NPC[count] as Actor).AddToFaction(CWPlayerAlly)

If AppearExplosion
NPC[count].PlaceAtMe(AppearExplosion)
EndIf

NPC[count].Enable()

If Shader
Shader.Play(NPC[count], 5)
EndIf

count += 1

EndWhile

EndEvent

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)

int count = 0

While count < SizeOfLegion

If Shader
Shader2.Play(NPC[count], 3)
EndIf

If AppearExplosion
NPC[count].PlaceAtMe(AppearExplosion)
EndIf

NPC[count].DisableNoWait()
count += 1

EndWhile

EndEvent

The script looks OK. You just forgot to add it in the Data folder.

(Not tested it.)

About the changerace, if I do a playersetrace FrostBiteSpiderRace, I go to a spider, and I can open the menus and I can attach.

If I use your race, I can still open the menus, but I cannot attach anymore.

I think there is some problem in the race you defined.

Hey CPU, How are you doing ?

I have updated my Page for the Mod (If you want to take a look at it) also at the same time - I have re-uploaded my File with the animations for the Frostbite spider - for the attacks.

You told me yesterday that you couldn't attack, when transform, so I figured I had to extra the animation from the BSA Skyrim file and add them. Hope this fix the problem with the attack, if it doesn't let me know. Myself, when I first created the mod, I followed the instruction found on that website (Step 3 explain how to enable attack)

http://hubpages.com/games-hobbies/How-to-Play-as-Monsters-In-Skyrim

Archived