Black Textures Randomly Appearing on Females on

ntwackme48

So can be playing Skyrim for 30 mins or so and suddenly black textures will appear on my female NPCs (mainly neck, legs and arm areas).   This only happens on my female NPCs - all other textures show up with no problems.   I am using CBBE with HDT and SG 2K Textures.    My male counterparts have no issues.    For the most part I am running most of my other mods at 2K.   Here are the things I have tried

- uninstall Nvidia drivers and reinstall to latest

- uninstall Nvidia drivers and reinstall an older version

- uninstall/reinstall skyrim with a new game

- optimize textures using the optimizer texture program on nexus

- tried using a different skin texture

- tried using vanilla texture with no CBBE isntalled

My PC specs are

Windows 8.1

Intel i7 3770K @ 3.5 GHZ

Nvidia 980 TI Kingpin

16 GB memory

Intel SSD with 480 GB

27 in Dell running at 2560x1440

I've attached my load order also for reference.   For my clothing texture I am using the rustic clothing mods 2K textures by Gamwich and for armor Cabal's textures at 2K or lower.   I am also using ENBoost version 279 for the memory patch but using no ENB.

Any help would be appreciated.   All my other PC games run fine with no problems.   I'm almost tempted to reinstall Windows.  

Thanks

load order.txt

Have you run LOOT on your load order?

You should also update your Skyrim patches to the latest Usleep.

There are some mods I dont know what they are.

The black can happen when you starts to get low on V-ram. I have it sometimes to, but I have as you only 1Gb V-ram. It is annoying. But it dont hurt the game from what I have noticed.

Most likely VRAM issue.  Even though you have a powerful GPU, you can still run out of VRAM when there are plenty of female npcs.  Bear in mind uncompressed body textures can be 200MB+ for each female npc.  I suggest try compressing your global female body texture and see if the situation improves.

Thanks everyone for your support.  So I ended up redoing the texture optimizer program, but this time using the maximum settings (which apparently I didn't do the first time).     I've been playing skyrim for a couple of hours and so far so good - no black textures.   Let's keep our fingers cross but I'm hoping that does the trick.

Archived